It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Matt Gaetz Investigated For Sex Trafficking

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Now Gaetz and his lawyer are denying he sought a blanket pardon.

It is a bit comical to see Trump give Gaetz the cold shoulder, who was one of his biggest cheerleaders What is also funny, at a rally in Florida last year Donald kept calling him Rick.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

One of the things I do when seeking a blanket pardon for crimes I haven't committed is to have my attorneys inform everyone I wasn't seeking a blanket pardon for crimes I haven't committed.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Answer this question, if Gaetz is innocent, why did he seek a blanket pardon from Trump?

I don't think one can get a general pardon, so the pardon needs to identify the particular crimes that were involved. Your statement screams liberal BS narrative...lol

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

One of the things I do when seeking a blanket pardon for crimes I haven't committed is to have my attorneys inform everyone I wasn't seeking a blanket pardon for crimes I haven't committed.

Also maybe ask your attorney if it is even possible...lol Might save a lot of time and money... Also much of these that get pushed to the courts is State level... Right now it is the House Ethics Committee looking into it all...

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If Matt Gaetz isn't in jail by tomorrow then he's either innocent or a democrat!

I mean, since "due process" isn't a thing anymore. . . .

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Also maybe ask your attorney if it is even possible...

They said I can do anything with the correct application of financial inducement.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

If someone claimed you raped them would you expect the police to arrest you right then or would you expect them to do an investigation first?

While eyewitness testimony is important to cases it is hardly the gold standard of evidence.

Like I've said numerous times now, there's no chance of Gaetz getting arrested until the investigation is wrapped up. It also probably won't happen until he's indicted by a grand jury.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: neutronflux

If someone claimed you raped them would you expect the police to arrest you right then or would you expect them to do an investigation first?

While eyewitness testimony is important to cases it is hardly the gold standard of evidence.

Like I've said numerous times now, there's no chance of Gaetz getting arrested until the investigation is wrapped up. It also probably won't happen until he's indicted by a grand jury.

I would hope that if I gave a first hand account of being raped with supporting evidence in a police report that the suspect would be arrested, arraigned, released on bond with some sort of restraining order on the rapist. You know, like what happens when police are called when a man beats his wife or girlfriend.

Do you agree that Gaetz is innocence until proven guilty by a court of law.

But. He is supposedly a statutory rapist and involved in human trafficking. If true, somebody that does not need to walk around free. Supposedly there is a live witness that is the victim. If there is evidence, give him due process. arraigned him, attest him. Place him on bail. Freeze his assets to combat taking victims across state lines, and that opens up his life to a total examination.

But, nope. Democrats don’t want justice and the right to a speedy trial. They want this character assassination by innuendo, unnamed sources, and a death by a thousand cuts. They want him damaged regardless of evidence or guilt.

edit on 13-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: rnaa
a reply to: tanstaafl
"No, I mean willing to file a complaint with the police."

Victims of statutory rape do not need to file a "complaint with the police".

Rotflmao!

So, you're saying that victims of statutory rape are some kind of special class that have extra-judicial powers to accuse, prosecute and convict someone, completely outside the judicial system?

You are pretending to be this ignorant aren't you? You can't really have reached the age that you can be loosed on the internet public with out a guardian and be this ignorant. Nobody can.

Statutory rape doesn't require the victim to 'file a complaint' - suspicious behavior can be reported by ANYONE: parents, police, teachers... ANYONE. In the case of a minor victim responsible adults are 'filing the complaint'. In most states that I know of, responsible 3rd parties like teachers, doctors, police, pharmacists, etc are REQUIRED BY LAW to report such behavior. THEN an investigation of the alleged crime takes place, which may find the report has merit or not. And then the Public Prosecutor or whoever has jurisdiction will decide whether charges are warranted. If charged, the accused will be arrested. Then a trial will be held where the charges are proved or not.

THERE IS NOTHING POLITICAL ABOUT THAT SEQUENCE OF EVENTS.

We are still in the investigation phase. Nobody gets arrested until the prosecutor decides the crime is worth going to trial over.

What we do know today that we didn't know yesterday is that there is enough smoke that a judge is convinced there just might be a fire and has issued a search warrant for Rep. G's phone.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:32 AM
link   
CNN admits it's intentionally making the Matt Gaetz saga bigger than reality.

www.foxnews.com...

CNN = TERRORIST = ENEMY of AMERICA

Why does AT&T keep this scummy company in its family?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Except that's not what was said. They said they're going to make sure that news about Gaetz stays in the public eye so he can't cut a plea deal and get off easy.

Is it a good look for CNN? Absolutely not. But they didn't say that it's not a big deal.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Is it a good look for CNN? Absolutely not. But they didn't say that it's not a big deal.

CNN's own news director is now on video admitting they make up stories and create propaganda.
Can't use CNN as a credible source anymore.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I've never really used them as a primary source anyway. It also doesn't affect any of the claims about Gaetz either, as they haven't been the first to report any of the developments.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Fox News does the same and has admitted they run stories for entertainment value instead of facts.

Regardless, you a shooting the messenger because you do.not like the message.

While there I do not doubt there are many others in Congress who are guilty of similar and worse crimes, that does not mean Gaetz should not be held responsible.

I am really not sure what your argument is? Do you really think Gaetz is part of a witch-hunt/conspiracy to discredit Trump loyalists?

The evidence we know about makes a very solid case against Gaetz, and there is likely much more that we do know.

As I said before, I expect charges to be filed against him. Formal and thurough investigations take time.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Fox News does the same and has admitted they run stories for entertainment value instead of facts.

I am really not sure what your argument is? Do you really think Gaetz is part of a witch-hunt/conspiracy to discredit Trump loyalists?

Setting aside your initial 'whataboutism'...

What I'm saying is that CNN has lost ANY credibility since it's news director was caught on video bragging about CNN making up stories and specifically creating propaganda...thus, any reference to CNN as a source of reporting on this or any other news story is a non-starter...and must be rejected.

Again...CNN's own News director states they (CNN) routinely make up news in order to inflict political damage and cause fear and distrust.

I was responding to another poster commenting on CNN...and I'm not addressing simple network political bias...I'm stating CNN proudly engages in Yellow Journalism.

edit on 14-4-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Once again, I don't really use CNN as a primary source, but based on your absolutist attitude towards them, shouldn't you also write off Project Veritas? I mean they have been caught selectively editing videos to push an agenda.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but how can you trust them when they've been caught red handed spreading propaganda?

Could it be that you actually have to judge a story based on its own merits and not what media outlet is presenting it? A wild idea. I know.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Interesting...CNN's own news director is recorded on video...in his own words...saying CNN manufactures false stories and propaganda...and you want to say the person recording it is making it up.

Remarkably blind loyalty to CNN...I'll give you that.

Tell you what...
SHOW me a video of James O'Keefe on camera proudly confessing...in his own words:
"We manufacture news stories about things we don't know anything about in order to create propaganda"

...and I'll put O'Keefe on par with CNN's News Director.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I would not set aside that whataboutism....confront it for the bs that it is.

Fox running entertainment is not malicious. Its stupid, but it is not malicious. It may set out to misinform, but it doesn't slander people.

That is the difference. And while it may appear that we are squinting really hard to tell 2 turds apart, in this case despite both being turds, the only evidence of such is CNN admitting that they slur people to run propaganda.

The real thing beyond that is why? Who? Its not just CNN doing it....so how do we dig deeper to find out who is in the shadows.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'd like to see Gaetz lean way harder into these new revelations, let go and fully embrace a new identity : a boss-level pimp, a real Florida Trick Daddy, out there on the grind, always focusing on:

1. More Hoes
2. More Dank
3. More Cheese in the Bank
4. More Rank

Matty's sittin' on dubs- we aint.
Matty does what he wants, we caint.

Now that Lil' Wayne owes Trump a few favors, maybe MC Matt can guest star on Weezy's next album.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit

Do you think he can get a grill and a pimp cup?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join