It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

These Kids today

page: 1
20
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A high school student has developed sutures which may provide early warning of post surgical infection.

“I found that beets changed color at the perfect pH point,” says Taylor. Bright red beet juice turns dark purple at a pH of nine. “That's perfect for an infected wound. And so, I was like, ‘Oh, okay. So beets is where it's at.’”

www.smithsonianmag.com...


Not world shattering, maybe not a real breakthrough. But it's way better than the average science fair project. Science begins young. Those who deny its importance are relics of the dark ages.


I remember a science fair at my daughter's elementary school. One of the kids did a moldy bread project (seriously). The bread didn't mold and that was the end of it. That kid is not a scientist, no curiosity.
edit on 3/30/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's actually a breakthrough for me. Most of people don't like beets, a humble vegetable with a useful secret now revealed by this young student.

I'll buy more beets starting tomorrow if I can.



posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

My wife gives me beets in juices all the time. I actually like 'em. My mom always had beets on the table too.



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightHawk
a reply to: Trueman

My wife gives me beets in juices all the time. I actually like 'em. My mom always had beets on the table too.


My wife too. She makes a mix with other fruits and veggies. It's actually delicious.

I like them boiled, diced and with a lemon based dressing. Like a salad. You put that thing on top of the white rice to enhance your side dish.



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That’s pretty cool. I still don’t like beets though.

I wish her success in the future. She should be careful with the patent office. Corporations circle them like vultures waiting to exploit loopholes to steal ideas for themselves.
edit on 3132021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
That’s pretty cool. I still don’t like beets though.


Try them boiled and diced with equal amount of potatoes. Add chopped onions, a good amount of mayo, salt and pepper and let it cool down a bit. You can add peas to the mix too.

You'll need a juicy steak with that.

Mayonnaise fixes everything my friend.
edit on 31-3-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman




Try them boiled and diced with equal amount of potatoes.

No.
I will not eat them.



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Trueman




Try them boiled and diced with equal amount of potatoes.

No.
I will not eat them.


Why not ?

Is it the taste, the texture, the color ?

Don't tell me is because you panic when you go #2 after eating beets.



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman




Is it the taste, the texture, the color ?

Yes



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Trueman




Is it the taste, the texture, the color ?

Yes


The color too ??

If that's so then you don't eat strawberries or tomatoes neither. No Italian food ? Bacon is red too. Oh man.



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Beets are not the same color as strawberries or tomatoes. Bacon is not red.



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Trueman

Beets are not the same color as strawberries or tomatoes. Bacon is not red.


Bacon is red my friend. Not too much if you it it raw.




encycolorpedia.com...



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
Soil colors?
No, that ain't beet red. Notice how the color has its own name?

edit on 3/31/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   
But, but, but... she doesn't have a degree! And where's her paper on Global Warming? Has she had her vaccination for the Chinese virus yet?

Oh, wait, sorry... went woke for a moment there. But I'm feeling much better now!

Actually, I'm proud of this achievement. It proves that science is not the exclusive domain of those with degrees who write papers no one else can understand to draw conclusions that others just have to take at face value so they can "follow the science." I hope this student keeps that curiosity and desire to learn and create things for humanity for the rest of her life. We desperately need people like her to counteract the absolute ignorance found in most of society.

I particularly love the low-tech, simple solution that will help those in developing countries where the fancy electronic sutures described in the article are not realistic. Sometimes the simplest solution is also the best solution.



a reply to: Trueman

Ummm... if your bacon is red, you're doing something wrong.

TheRedneck



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Described as "Medium dark shade of red". 49.02% red, 16.47% green, 15.69% blue.

RED WINS !

Do the math



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck



a reply to: Trueman

Ummm... if your bacon is red, you're doing something wrong.

TheRedneck


Then what color is it ?



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Brown. A delicious, mouth-watering shade of heavenly brown unlike any other in nature.

Oh, I did the math like you asked. 49.02% + 16.47% + 15.69% = 81.18%. What happened to the other 18.82%?

TheRedneck



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Trueman

Brown. A delicious, mouth-watering shade of heavenly brown unlike any other in nature.

Oh, I did the math like you asked. 49.02% + 16.47% + 15.69% = 81.18%. What happened to the other 18.82%?

TheRedneck


That 18.82% went to Biden.



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Science shmyence it’s all fun and games until bacon gets put under the gun, now I’m offended!

Bacon can be all kinds of colors anyways the important part is when presented in front me I make it ninja vanish without a trace.



posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Science shmyence it’s all fun and games until bacon gets put under the gun, now I’m offended!

Bacon can be all kinds of colors anyways the important part is when presented in front me I make it ninja vanish without a trace.


What about beets ?




top topics



 
20
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join