It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being forced to wear a COVID mask is dehumanizing us.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Hecate666

a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Personally I'm comfortable enough with myself that wearing a thin piece of material over my face won't cause me any psychological trauma. What kind of snowflake gets that worked up over a mask?

People like me who have bad asthma and were on death's door twice. Who getvery anxious about the loss of freebreathing. Who have to run out of shops because they start wheezing. Those kind of people.

No, those people aren't snowflakes. Sorry to hear of your condition, wearing a mask isnt for you, so you are free from being a snowflake.

But how would you know which one is a freedom fighter and which one is a freedom fighter asthmatic? Wouldn't it be better to just let people do whatever they feel most comfortable with? Having one of your vital functions restricted is not anything I would ever ask others to do for me.
No sunlight, no air...not right.

It's funny because I wear a mask whenever required (not very often in the semi rural backdrop I call home) and i don't have any vital functions restricted, maybe don't by the latex masks meant for breath play and stick to the breathable ones designed to prevent viruses and diseases spreading, no?.

I mean you're coming at me like I'm someone who doesn't understand Asthma is a thing...

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
The Marvel Movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) Features Bucky Barnes as the brainwashed winter soldier as a classic villain.
Here is what is stated about why he wore mask, and why he doesn't anymore in the new series where he is now a good guy.

The Winter Soldier wore a mask not to conceal his identity but to dehumanize him. ... Instead of Captain America going all out against the HYDRA assassin, treating him as any other adversary, Steve would be more conflicted about taking on Bucky.

The masks are doing great phycological harm, we can't see anybody smile at us, it makes people look more ominous.
Facial gestures have been depended on for millennia for humans to read each other, this is now taken away from everybody.

I have come to the conclusion that at this point masks are doing more harm than good for people. Herd immunity and the vaccines and summer coming with flu season coming to an end, it's time the masks go. Let the scared ones continue to wear them but those that have no fear should be allowed to remove them anywhere they go.

There's actually no scientific article in the OP just a story of Captain America haha.

It's easy to tell if someone is smiling at you. Funny you fear masks will lead to major problems but call people scared for wearing them. Two different type of people both scared. Weird.

So many professions have always worn masks so it's really no big deal.....So many people didn't follow the rules that's why Covid got so crazy here.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: liliththedestroyer
I don't think they are dehumanizing but they are causing harm, due to the fact that people who constantly wear masks are more likely to get sick than a non mask wearer.

What rot!

Masks aren't making people sick, if that was the case my area would be one of the worst effected, as opposed to least...

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
So many professions have always worn masks so it's really no big deal.....So many people didn't follow the rules that's why Covid got so crazy here.

Very well said.

At the end of the day, those that fear the masks risk getting ill with Covid about 100% more than those that fear Covid risk getting ill from masks.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Bull # a reply to: djz3ro

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I don't think they are dehumanizing but they are causing harm, due to the fact that people who constantly wear masks are more likely to get sick than a non mask wearer.

What rot!

Masks aren't making people sick, if that was the case my area would be one of the worst effected, as opposed to least...

People used to say the same thing about cigarettes. Masks have nanoparticles(plastics and fibers) that shed constantly. One laboratory study showed that some 4,000 fibres are shed per month. Do you think that inhaling these obscene amounts of destructive particles is not going to have an adverse effect? Asbestos ring any bells? We were not strapping that to our face and breathing exclusively through it either.

sg.news.yahoo.com...

The Institute of Hydrobiology researchers in Wuhan counted the plastic fibres shed by masks over a month, using a laboratory device that simulated human breathing. They found that masks containing activated carbon produced the highest number of fibres, at nearly 4,000.

Those were followed by surgical masks, cotton masks, fashion masks and N95 masks, the brands of which were not specified in the study. Some of the fibres were several millimetres long, considerably larger than typical particles floating in the air.

www.nih.gov...
Now we can go on to Bacterial Pneumonia caused by wearing masks.

The majority of deaths during the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 were not caused by the influenza virus acting alone, report researchers from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health. Instead, most victims succumbed to bacterial pneumonia following influenza virus infection. The pneumonia was caused when bacteria that normally inhabit the nose and throat invaded the lungs along a pathway created when the virus destroyed the cells that line the bronchial tubes and lungs.

Illness is created by being out of balance within your body/spirit/mind. If one is out of alignment nothing is going to prevent them from manifesting an illness or disease, common cold included, and living in fear is out of balance!
edit on 2-4-2021 by RenegadeOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RenegadeOfTheLight

What rot!

People used to say the same thing about cigarettes. Masks have nanoparticles(plastics and fibers) that shed constantly. One laboratory study showed that some 4,000 fibres are shed per month. Do you think that inhaling these obscene amounts of destructive particles is not going to have an adverse effect? Asbestos ring any bells? We were not strapping that to our face and breathing exclusively through it either.

sg.news.yahoo.com...

The Institute of Hydrobiology researchers in Wuhan counted the plastic fibres shed by masks over a month, using a laboratory device that simulated human breathing. They found that masks containing activated carbon produced the highest number of fibres, at nearly 4,000.

Those were followed by surgical masks, cotton masks, fashion masks and N95 masks, the brands of which were not specified in the study. Some of the fibres were several millimetres long, considerably larger than typical particles floating in the air.

www.nih.gov...
Now we can go on to Bacterial Pneumonia caused by wearing masks.

The majority of deaths during the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 were not caused by the influenza virus acting alone, report researchers from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health. Instead, most victims succumbed to bacterial pneumonia following influenza virus infection. The pneumonia was caused when bacteria that normally inhabit the nose and throat invaded the lungs along a pathway created when the virus destroyed the cells that line the bronchial tubes and lungs.

Illness is created by being out of balance within your body/spirit/mind. If one is out of alignment nothing is going to prevent them from manifesting an illness or disease, common cold included, and living in fear is out of balance!

Wear a face shield then, at least that way the rest of us can identify wishy-washy new age snowflakes. Be careful replying to this post though, you might get pneumonia from your device or keyboard! Perhaps you can waft some incense over to cleanse it.

edit on 2-4-2021 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DougHole64

I will continue to wear nothing. I am not sure your point as I stated that I do not live in fear. Furthermore, you might want to not be so quick to judge(identify) others. I proudly served in the United States Marine Corp. and no one who knows me would associate me with a snowflake.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I will continue to wear nothing. I am not sure your point as I stated that I do not live in fear.

Disgraceful! Clothes were made for a reason - Show some decency man! Removing a mask is one thing but wandering the streets in your birthday suit with nothing but your reiki wand on show is borderline communism. What is happening to America?

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I will continue to wear nothing. I am not sure your point as I stated that I do not live in fear.

You seem to confuse fear, with common sense..but have at it.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

What common sense are you speaking of? Thinking I need to wear a mask to stay safe and healthy? Letting some billion dollar pharmaceutical company pump me full of god knows what in order to stay healthy?

Psalms 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

What is being forced upon humanity is evil, plain and simple. I only seek to enlighten others and see humans take back their power, not argue and insult.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What common sense are you speaking of? Thinking I need to wear a mask to stay safe and healthy? Letting some billion dollar pharmaceutical company pump me full of god knows what in order to stay healthy?

Psalms 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

What is being forced upon humanity is evil, plain and simple. I only seek to enlighten others and see humans take back their power, not argue and insult.

When you suggest people wear the mask out of fear..ya, a bit insulting. No doubt some do out of fear/concern, same as some I know don't like to, because they "fear" it makes them look weak.

Spare me the biblical crap.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This will be my last response to you. I never said that anyone wears a mask out of fear, although I do believe some do. I said that living in fear is being out of balance with the body's natural rhythm. The entire agenda that has been thrust upon us over the last year is one of fear.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RenegadeOfTheLight

Well said, Thank you! You just proved my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join