It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chauvin Trial - Day 2

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The courtroom muted the audio so nobody could hear the convo between the man and his fiance.

So far every witness said they didn't know George. The 18 year old who lived in an apartment above Cup Food and was a cashier there said he spoke with George and could tell he was really high. They also showed surveillance footage from in the store and Floyd was shimmying and dancing around, something normally a person not in their right mind would do.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alphacenturi

So far the witness that to me, seems the most credible and reasonable is Christopher Martin, the store clerk that served George Floyed on that day.

I rather enjoyed Martin's answer when he was asked what he was looking for, when he held the suspicious $20 Bill up to the light.

His response was, "That's a good question. I have no idea."

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

She was breaking and entering whilst mobbing and rioting. I thought you guys loved nothing better than gunning down anyone who breaks into your property. He'll haven't you all got an amendment about the same said thing. What is it?.. the Right to defend yourself and others from harm etc.

Why not empty his mag into the crowd then? Did the crowd attack people in that hallway? The other two cops there they didn't see the need to pull their guns and they were not being attacked, and neither was the guy who pulled the trigger.

The Guy shot the first person who broke through the barricade. (That was his job, That's what he's hired to do. Serve and protect) The message was received loud and clear. The mood turned in that instant.

Everyone came to their senses and realized that this was for real and not just some silly little game and went home. The two cops who were surrounded escaped with their lives. Job done.

There was no need to "empty a magazine" into the crowd. I would say the shooter judged the situation to perfection. The guy deserves a medal for showing extreme professionalism under immense pressure.

You on the other hand probably would have come out blasting at anything that moved.

Really? Did you fail to see that there were at least 4 other LEOs with ARs within the crowd that was breaking through the windows in the hallway? Why didn't one of those LEOs simply grab her?

Take that up with the LEO's. Maybe they got scared that if they did retaliate and give their proximity the crowd would have simply overpowered them, disarmed, and possibly killed them. They didn't exactly look a friendly bunch.

A crowd rampaging through the nation's capital. Literally crying out for a good old-fashioned lynching, but when blood was spilled they didn't have the guts to see it through... and now they cry like the babies they are. Snowflakes. All mouth and no trousers.

We came for the revolution but some bad man fired a gun and we got frightened and went home. Yeah, Tell that to your grandchildren. I'm sure they'll be sooooo proud.

edit on 31-3-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I agree with you, Martin seemed credible and not coached. Every other witness before Martin has seemed like they were coached on what to say, especially the EMT chick. This old 60 year old feller seems credible as well. He even told Floyd to stop resisting and go with it. He told him he was cuffed and nothing he did would stop him from going to jail at that point.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
10 minute recess... Old timer recalling what he saw, watched the video and heard Floyd - after constantly fighting with police - saying "mama" over and over and the old timer lost it. He lost his mom not even a year ago so it hit him hard.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Every other witness before Martin has seemed like they were coached on what to say, especially the EMT chick.

Really? She was so not what they had hoped for, in my opinion. The first witness I watched was the "Speedway" chic. And she was soooooo bad! She looked stoned out of her mind, couldn't remember anything and kept forgetting that she wasn't on her living room sofa! She only perked up when she saw herself and heard her own voice on the video she recorded. So pathetic!

And then there was the guy who brought his own notes! Like what??!!

I couldn't help wondering why the prosecution didn't prep their witnesses! LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

So far the witness that to me, seems the most credible and reasonable is Christopher Martin, the store clerk that served George Floyed on that day.

I rather enjoyed Martin's answer when he was asked what he was looking for, when he held the suspicious $20 Bill up to the light.

His response was, "That's a good question. I have no idea."

Yeah I admit that was a little strange, he did say that the bill looked a little bluish but admitted he didn't know what he was looking for to distinguish the difference between real and fake.

It could also be possible that as a new employee he holds it up to the light to make it look like he knows his job, I used to bartend and some co workers did the same even though if you asked them what they were looking for they coudn't tell you either. I think it's pretty hard to spot fake money by looking for the very thing your instructed to, especially if your just a cashier, store clerk or bartender.

He just seemed truthful to me and asnwered questions without hesitation.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Did anyone happen to notice that when they were initially trying to put Floyd in the car, and when he first began saying "I can't choke, I can't breathe aaaahhhh aaahhhh... etc.", one of the officers said, "You're under arrest right now for forgery"

At that point, Floyd immediately calmed and casually asked, "Forgery for what?"

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I missed day 1 so I didn't see any of them. Brought his own notes? SERIOUSLY??? LOL, wow! The EMT straight up told the defense, after he looked over some data and told her that it took the ambulance 6 minutes to get there, that she didn't believe him. She knew, in my opinion, that she was getting trick questions that would reverse things in a way. For example, when Nelson asked her if she would be able to do her job if there was a crowd of people screaming at her in the background and telling her she wasn't doing her job right, she thought about it for a second and said "Oh I'd definitely be able to still do my job without those people bothering me, for sure."

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
Did anyone happen to notice that when they were initially trying to put Floyd in the car, and when he first began saying "I can't choke, I can't breathe aaaahhhh aaahhhh... etc.", one of the officers said, "You're under arrest right now for forgery"

At that point, Floyd immediately calmed and casually asked, "Forgery for what?"

I noticed it. I also noticed the old man talking now said he saw Floyd foaming at the mouth. There's the overdose. And I heard them say the paramedics were on the way at 8:20...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

He just seemed truthful to me and asnwered questions without hesitation.

Yeah, I agree with that.

I thought you held it up to the light to look for the little magnetic strip on the left side, and the watermark face image on the right side.

Also, I thought most places had some sort of special highlighter they marked it with. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I think if it's a real bill, it doesn't make a mark. If it's fake, then it leaves a colored mark.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Watching this video they're going over now, it's becoming more obvious of why Chauvin kept his knee there. After Floyd was down for several minutes, he lifted his head and chest off the ground which tells me that Chauvin's knee wasn't on there with enough weight to kill him. The autopsy proved that already, but this video makes it even more clear. Everything Floyd was saying were things he was saying before he was ever on the ground. He started saying those things the second he realized he was in trouble.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah, the EMT/Firefighter chic was a piece of work. Day one was such a mess, I really haven't been keeping with the rest. I tune in now and then, all I see is more of the same.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
20 minute recess.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Old Gentleman was pretty credible too.

Interesting that the defense is not going to cross, maybe the chance that the old gentleman breaks down again woudn't be good for their strategy.

Covid 19 lockdown court room drama.
Perfect for a rainy afternoon.

edit on 31-3-2021 by alphacenturi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I haven't watched all of it, but from what I watched yesterday and today...

Yesterday, I felt like the witnesses were just repeating what they've been hearing the media tell them for the past several months.

Today's witnesses seem to be telling what they actually saw that day.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Yeah, the EMT/Firefighter chic was a piece of work. Day one was such a mess, I really haven't been keeping with the rest. I tune in now and then, all I see is more of the same.

You mentioned earlier that it seems like the prosecution didn't prep their witnesses. The longer i sit here and watch this trial, the more it seems like they don't want to win. Maybe their share of the money went to the Floyd family with that $27 million dollar check and they don't care now. I don't know but it's odd. Really odd. Hell the defense didn't even cross examine the old man just now because his testimony and the video they showed sounded like it was in favor of the defense.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi

Interesting that the defense is not going to cross, maybe the chance that the old gentleman breaks down again woudn't be good for their strategy.

Covid 19 lockdown court room drama.
Perfect for a rainy afternoon.

I was thinking the prosecution did the defense's work lol. The video and the man's testimony were both pretty damning, and not in favor of the prosecution in my opinion. He said he could see Floyd foaming at the mouth, the police had already called the paramedics at that point and Floyd was still talking and resisting, the old man asked him why he didn't just stop resisting and get in the car since he's not going to win, etc. Then you have the chap that worked there, he held a conversation with Floyd and said he could tell Floyd was really high.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I really don't see the purpose of most of these witnesses, except for their video tapes. You know, "Is this your video" "Yep", okay lets watch it." should be all that's needed. But it seems like their trying to make the witnesses out to be victims too.

I don't think the jury will care about the moods and memories of the witnesses.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi

originally posted by: rounda
You guys need to start showing some professionalismness in this thread. Its embarrassing. Lol.

Floyd had a history of violent crime. The store owner gave him two opportunities to either return the cigarettes or give him real money for them before calling the cops.

The people Floyd was with told officers he had taken two percocets when he came back to the car from the store and was passing out from them.

He had fentanyl and meth in his system as well.

He had a history of lying to police, had multiple warrants served on that vehicle.

He resisted arrest for 15 minutes.

He ASKED to be taken out of the cop car and put on the ground.

The officers tried to de-escalate the situation multiple times. They told him they weren't going to shoot him, told him they would roll down the window in the squad car, told him they'd turn on the air conditioner and open the sunroof. Told him they wouldnt leave him alone...

He "couldn't breathe" as they were cuffing him...

He could move his head and speak while he was on the ground with a knee on his neck.

The autopsy report showed NO asphyxiation. He died of a heart attack.

Police officers are required to arrest people who pose a threat to themselves or others, and are supposed to arrest and hold mentally ill people for their safety until their mental health can be evaluated. This would include people high out of their mind who become belligerent.

These officers did everything by the book. End of story.

Ok, thanks for your superior knowledge on this and basically telling everyone else that it's over, finished, caput, because you say so.

I am enjoying all the comments in the thread and have been watching the trial on tv. So far the witness that to me, seems the most credible and reasonable is Christopher Martin, the store clerk that served George Floyed on that day.

Was pretty disgusted with the fact that the Managers at the store kept repeatedly telling Martin to go outside and confront the three of them about the counterfeit money even though he offered to have it taken out of his pay.

Not good people to work for, if they are so hard up for $20 they should have dealt with it themselves.
As I understand it the manager was also carrying.

Here's some more superior knowledge for you.

He had four other counterfeit bills in his car.

The fact that Floyd was given multiple opportunities to either return the cigarettes or give real money for them is important, because it is a Federal offense to knowingly pass counterfeit bills, with a maximum sentence of 20 years.

And I'm sorry you think stealing from a small business owner is OK.

That's the sorry state of the world we live in. Where a store owner is a bad person because he's trying to feed his family, and is a bad person for giving someone multiple chances to make a bad situation right.

And apparently, having a gun to protect your property in a high crime area makes you a bad person too.

But being a violent criminal doesn't make you a bad person because of the color of your skin.
edit on 31-3-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join