It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chauvin Trial - Day 2

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
a reply to: Boadicea
How many complaints does a police officer that works in the hood get filed against him? When you're arresting dirtbags regularly they complain and so do their friends and relatives.

Ya!!..or he just might be a goof..right?

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: oloufo

LOL...so you consider Chauvin heavy? And no....you can't choke someone by pushing on the back of their neck.

You folks that believe this have absolutely NO critical thinking.

Dude was saying he can't breathe the whole time....do you see the irony in that? If you don't then you should think harder. I bolded the important part so you have a small hint.

He was not choked.... for the thousandth time.
So much for your irony.

Being choked out is not necessarily just cutting off oxygen. It can simply be cutting off blood to the brain. In wrestling, it's called going to sleep, taking a nap. If pressure is released immediately, no problem, no harm. If pressure continues, game over.

Please show me ANY video of any wrestler/fighter puts pressure on only the back of the neck and someone goes out.....please.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   

LOL...so you consider Chauvin heavy? And no....you can't choke someone by pushing on the back of their neck.

Dude was saying he can't breathe the whole time....do you see the irony in that? If you don't then you should think harder. I bolded the important part so you have a small hint.

So much for your irony.

Correct....he died from a overdose of his own doing. Suicide by stupid is what it was. Didn't want to go BACK to prison so he ate it all.....he should be up for a Darwin Award.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
2 more things to add.

Before the 9 yo kid "testified" there was a woman on the stand who had filmed the event. During most of her deposition she was calm, cool and speaking coherently. One of her statements towards the end had her mentioning how she suffered from "Social Anxiety Syndrome" or something like that, again, being said in a calm, cool and collected tone. Shortly after, another answer regarding the situation had her break down a bit into tears and excited speech because she "knows black people, has black friends and family and is afraid for them" or something to that effect.

Now ... tell me all you fine internet psychiatrists and counselors....how does a person who self-admittedly suffers from "Social Anxiety" so calmly and cool-like respond to questions in front of a crowded room, not to mention during a internationally-televised event being watched by MILLIONS, showing no distress?

second thing...

Has anyone checked the streets of Minneapolis for stacks of bricks/rocks?

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

"After recording that video, um you um stopped recording at some point, correct?"

LMAO. What a brilliant question.

It's actually one that BELONGS to the Bar Stars'
Most Idiotic Question Collection. I would have A'd:
"I forgot and lost power, and everything as a result."

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: ElGoobero

Again: I am speaking to the legal defense of ALL law enforcement shootings, based upon two Supreme Court decisions in particular, which defines the lawful use of lethal force.

Specifically, that an LEO may use lethal force if he/she "believes" that someone "might" be a threat to themselves or others. This is the legal standard and therefore the defense of virtually ALL LEO shootings, whether the person was literally a threat to anyone or not. It does not matter in terms of criminal liability if the dead person really was a threat. It only matters if the officer perceives them as a threat.

they are on the scene. they are trained in dealing with these situations. don't they get the benefit of the doubt?

And the very notion that EVERYONE is a threat is, 1 -- simply not true; and 2 -- in direct and complete opposition to the founding legal principle, and our Constitutional rights, that every man is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.

everyone is a potential threat. you make it sound like the police are just shooting people on sight.

Innocent people who pose absolutely no threat to anyone, including LEOs, can and have been and will be killed by LEOs with impunity as long as these Supreme Court decisions stand as thee criminal standard. This is unconscionable and unacceptable. It's easy (for some) to cheer when it's a thug like Floyd.

examples?

But I'm more concerned about the innocent.

are you concerned about the police officers killed in the line of duty? they were innocent too.

www.odmp.org...

www.odmp.org...

www.odmp.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

they are on the scene. they are trained in dealing with these situations. don't they get the benefit of the doubt?

In a court of law, yes -- since the aforementioned Supreme Court rulings. Obviously. Accepting something as subjective as an officer's feelings and perceptions, rather than actual provable threats, or even reasonable suspicion, is effectively giving the officers the benefit of the doubt.

In the court of public opinion, obviously not. Hence the public outrage in so many quarters. Including very violent ones.

Under organic law, Natural law, and Constitutional principles, hell no! Every person has an absolute inalienable Natural Right to life, endowed by our Creator. Taking a life is a gross violation of an individual's most precious right: The right to life. If an officer takes a life, then he/she is guilty of taking a life. Period. Prior to the above mentioned Supreme Court Rulings, the officer -- like anyone and everyone in that position -- would have the right and the opportunity to provide an affirmative defense to provide evidence showing that he took that life in defense and protection of another life -- whether the officer's life or another's life. In clear cases of self-defense, the prosecution could determine no charges are appropriate or justified. If they do decide to charge the officer, the jury/judge can determine if the evidence justifies the homicide.

everyone is a potential threat.

No, everyone is not a potential threat. Most people would not even think of harming an officer, much less actually do it. In fact, I would say the vast majority of people would never ever hurt an officer. Ever.

Officers do not know which people are threats, and which people are not. But that doesn't make anyone a threat to that officer. It just says officers aren't mind readers.

you make it sound like the police are just shooting people on sight.

No, I do not. I'm being very clear in my distinctions.

examples?

Justine Diamond, Minneapolis MN
Danny Shaver, Mesa AZ
Bothem Shem Jean, Dallas TX
Tamir Rice, NY

are you concerned about the police officers killed in the line of duty? they were innocent too.

Of course I am. And I think there is far more we could do to provide our officers with the skills, training and resources to protect themselves while they protect the public. I think it's shameful that officers do not have bulletproof vests and other protective and defensive gear provided for them. They are too often called on for inappropriate reasons, when other professionals are better trained and equipped to handle a situation -- such as psychiatric issues and other medical or social problems. We certainly don't pay them enough for the service the provide. Nor do we provide nearly enough counseling services for those officers experiencing burnout -- or worse. And when an officer does fall, there is little (if any) support from their city/department.

I'm also very concerned about those good officers that are stuck in the relatively few rotten departments, where abuse and graft and corruption are rife, where the rot starts at the top. Where their lives are jeapordized every day by the corrupt and ruthless they work with, who will retaliate and make their lives hell if they turn whistleblower, where they have to watch and witness the vileness every single day. But they stay, and they do their best from the inside because they know as long as there's one good cop, the department isn't completely corrupt, that there is some hope for the department and for the people they serve -- or are supposed to serve, not brutalize and terrorize.

How about you? Are you also concerned about those things? Or are you just concerned that thugs with badges get the benefit of the doubt, and the public be damned?
edit on 30-3-2021 by Boadicea because: corrected "is" to "isn't"

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The VAST MAJORITY of police officers are fine, upstanding people

A ‘thug’ among them is an extreme anomaly. Very very VERY few officers fall into that category

Side note: 97% of all people who are killed during an altercation with police are male.
Does that mean that police are sexist and hate males and want to kill males?
Or does it only prove that the vast majority of criminals are male?

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
A private citizen has the right to protect himself on his private property. Shooting a person in a PUBLIC building is a world of difference.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: carewemust
When is the trial of the Capitol police officer who murdered Ashli Babbitt in cold blood for trespassing on Jan 6th?

That was 1st degree murder with hundreds of witnesses! A slam-dunk case.

Yeah right, no justice for white people murdered.

The current witness is 18 so they won't allow the cameras on her. She's already putting on a show so I'm sure she'll be crying as soon as the defense starts to question her, that'll get her off the hook once she's answered the easy softball questions. Crocodile tears and all that.

Blacks killing Blacks is THE worst thing to happen to Black people in this country. A Derrick Chauvin could kill one Black man every hour of every day, and it wouldn't come close to how Black people do the KKK's job for them.

On the other hand, Patriots should be mad as hell over Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt being murdered by Police for trespassing on January 6th!

Sorry for posting the off-topic subject earlier. It makes my blood boil to see the Floyd killing get so much TLC from Americans, while Ashli Babbitt gets no attention....from anyone.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

So much for your irony.

Being choked out is not necessarily just cutting off oxygen. It can simply be cutting off blood to the brain. In wrestling, it's called going to sleep, taking a nap. If pressure is released immediately, no problem, no harm. If pressure continues, game over.

Please show me ANY video of any wrestler/fighter puts pressure on only the back of the neck and someone goes out.....please.

and finally, how quickly it can happen when blood flow is altered.

edit on 30-3-2021 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here is an experiment you can try yourself:

In the video, the cop has his knee on the perp's neck. Notice that his left foot is turned sideways and he tends to lean a little to the right.

His right foot is toe down, heel up.

Take two stacks of books to simulate a body... place your left knee on one stack and turn your foot sideways as in the video. Place your right knee on the other stack and put your toe down and heel up...sit up straight and lean a tad bit to the right and see how much pressure you can put on the left stack.

It will become clear if you try it, that you can't place the same pressure on the left as you can on the right.

People are looking at the knee on the neck and not seeing that the cop was not trying to kill him, but rather restrain him. He died when the drugs he swallowed took effect, IMO.
edit on 30-3-2021 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Here is an experiment you can try yourself:

In the video, the cop has his knee on the perp's neck. Notice that his left foot is turned sideways and he tends to lean a little to the right.

His right foot is toe down, heel up.

Take two stacks of books to simulate a body... place your left knee on one stack and turn your foot sideways as in the video. Place your right knee on the other stack and put your toe down and heel up...sit up straight and lean a tad bit to the right and see how much pressure you can put on the left stack.

It will become clear if you try it, that you can't place the same pressure on the left as you can on the right.

People are looking at the knee on the neck and not seeing that the cop was not trying to kill him, but rather restrain him. He died when the drugs he swallowed took effect, IMO.

You have no idea what you're talking about with submissions.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I know they put a woman on the stand at the very end, claimed she was the one who did all of one of them witness's dealings for the media. She was caught taking pictures of everything (jurors) and tried to act ignorant about it after the judge put her up. He made her delete the photos and she claimed they hadn't been sent to anyone but in sure we all know that was a lie. She should be locked up until the trial is over, in a room with no cell signal.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Expect the jurors children to be attacked by disgusting left wing extremists and violent terrorist groups
Along with the children and families of the Defense lawyers

And expect the media and the current administration to openly support that

I didnt think cellphones would be allowed inside a courtroom

“But she said she didn’t forward them”. Only a total moron would believe that.
I bet my life that she was messaged with a request : “get photos of those jurors so we can attack their children when they deliver the verdict”

These people are disgusting
edit on 31 3 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

She was breaking and entering whilst mobbing and rioting. I thought you guys loved nothing better than gunning down anyone who breaks into your property. He'll haven't you all got an amendment about the same said thing. What is it?.. the Right to defend yourself and others from harm etc.

Why not empty his mag into the crowd then? Did the crowd attack people in that hallway? The other two cops there they didn't see the need to pull their guns and they were not being attacked, and neither was the guy who pulled the trigger.

The Guy shot the first person who broke through the barricade. (That was his job, That's what he's hired to do. Serve and protect) The message was received loud and clear. The mood turned in that instant.

Everyone came to their senses and realized that this was for real and not just some silly little game and went home. The two cops who were surrounded escaped with their lives. Job done.

There was no need to "empty a magazine" into the crowd. I would say the shooter judged the situation to perfection. The guy deserves a medal for showing extreme professionalism under immense pressure.

You on the other hand probably would have come out blasting at anything that moved.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

So much for your irony.

and finally, how quickly it can happen when blood flow is altered.

Exactly the point, a carotid choke only takes a matter of seconds, floyd was talking and squirming on the ground for 7 minutes, the knee had nothing to do with his overdose death. Secondly, that video is purposefully being deceitful, notice he doesn't put pressure on the carotid with his knee, he switches and uses his forearm, why? Because his knee is too large to hit the correct spot on the neck from that angle. He switches, and uses his forearm and also makes sure to place his forearm in a more forward position on the neck, a place where it would be impossible to access with his knee.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:55 AM
link   

She was breaking and entering whilst mobbing and rioting. I thought you guys loved nothing better than gunning down anyone who breaks into your property. He'll haven't you all got an amendment about the same said thing. What is it?.. the Right to defend yourself and others from harm etc.

Why not empty his mag into the crowd then? Did the crowd attack people in that hallway? The other two cops there they didn't see the need to pull their guns and they were not being attacked, and neither was the guy who pulled the trigger.

The Guy shot the first person who broke through the barricade. (That was his job, That's what he's hired to do. Serve and protect) The message was received loud and clear. The mood turned in that instant.

Everyone came to their senses and realized that this was for real and not just some silly little game and went home. The two cops who were surrounded escaped with their lives. Job done.

There was no need to "empty a magazine" into the crowd. I would say the shooter judged the situation to perfection. The guy deserves a medal for showing extreme professionalism under immense pressure.

You on the other hand probably would have come out blasting at anything that moved.

Really? Did you fail to see that there were at least 4 other LEOs with ARs within the crowd that was breaking through the windows in the hallway? Why didn't one of those LEOs simply grab her?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Really? Did you fail to see that there were at least 4 other LEOs with ARs within the crowd that was breaking through the windows in the hallway? Why didn't one of those LEOs simply grab her?

That was another question that I had about that whole thing.
Why would an officer fire at that woman, at basically head level, when there are a number of other LEOs directly behind her.... in the line of fire? He should be demoted/fired just for that action.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The Guy shot the first person who broke through the barricade.

It was a door with a window in it.
She didn't break the window. Someone else did that.
The person that broke it was not shot at, even though they had something in their hand when they broke the window.
She was completely unarmed.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join