It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chauvin Trial - Day 2

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I dont care what the official" knee on the neck bull#... did you watch the video>? he starts twitching you can see him dying and people screaming hes not screaming anymore and they should of at the 6 min mark get off of him.

now was it murder?>? NO i dont believe so... but manslaughter yes..

link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

"After recording that video, um you um stopped recording at some point, correct?"

LMAO. What a brilliant question.

Genevieve Hansen has no idea what she's talking about. She knows she's caught. To the point that she even told Attorney Nelson that she doesn't believe the data he's holding in his hand when he said the paramedics were called in at 8:21 and showed up at 8:26.

link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Either way

The officer has THOUSANDS of arrests under his belt and ZERO accusations of racism or discrimination...

Technically, we cannot know that. It may or may not be true. We only know that there were complaints filed against Chauvin, but we do not know what those complaints were for.

The Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck had 18 previous complaints against him, police department says

Generally speaking, I am more inclined to believe that bad cops are just bad people, and any easy target is ripe for bullying and brutalizing. Race is just one of many.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
I dont care what the official" knee on the neck bull#... did you watch the video>? he starts twitching you can see him dying and people screaming hes not screaming anymore and they should of at the 6 min mark get off of him.

Floyd killed himself by ingesting every drug he had. Chauvin did what he had to in order to restrain Floyd. I don't think he even deserves manslaughter.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Floyd killed himself by ingesting every drug he had. Chauvin did what he had to in order to restrain Floyd. I don't think he even deserves manslaughter.

understood. and we can agree to disagree.

I agree he ate the drugs he had on him. the officers need a better protocol.

i think him eating the drugs and the knee on the neck was the nail in his coffin.

the paramedics could of narcanned him back to life with the OD. but with the officers
last nail and pain in the neck i think put the kabosh on him...

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Dude was saying he can't breathe the whole time....do you see the irony in that? If you don't then you should think harder. I bolded the important part so you have a small hint.

He wasn't just saying it. I think the last witness actually said he was yelling that he couldn't breathe.

I've taken a fall while swinging in a tire swing and the rope breaking in mid stride. Knocked the breath out of me and all I could do is lay there and try to gasp for air. No single word was coming out even though I was trying. Anyone who has had their breath knocked out can attest to that. All you can do is breathe in and sound like a complete ruhtart, lol.

I've had the wind knocked out of me multiple times ( hockey, dirtbikes) and choked out ( wrestling) and I can tell you the 2 experiences are not the same, nor is the effect or response. Having your wind knocked out, collapses the lungs, no air to come out, to speak. Choked out not only reduces blood to the brain, but fresh oxygen entering the already filled lungs. You can still speak unless your vocal cords are also being constricted. Which his weren't.
edit on 30-3-2021 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

My biggest beef with the Ashli Babbit situation is that nobody bothered saying a word about her, or honoring her, or painting a picture of her. Hell, I don't even know the name of the cop who killed her. I still remember George Zimmerman, Darren Wilson, and Derek Chauvin. Can't recall ever even hearing the name of the cop who killed the female.

Thank you. I've noticed the same and it's very eerie to me for some reason that I cannot pinpoint. No memorials. No candlelight vigils. No protests. No FOIA requests for the officer's name, department and rank. Very very little either from or about her family. I haven't seen public statements from anyone she served with in the Air Force. No real media interest or curiosity about her -- even by conservative websites!

And I don't expect to hear any outrage from the purity politics of the Feminist quarters. Ashli Babbitt didn't "woman" right. No defending or protecting her rights...

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

a reply to: oloufo

LOL...so you consider Chauvin heavy? And no....you can't choke someone by pushing on the back of their neck.

You folks that believe this have absolutely NO critical thinking.

Dude was saying he can't breathe the whole time....do you see the irony in that? If you don't then you should think harder. I bolded the important part so you have a small hint.

He was not choked.... for the thousandth time.
So much for your irony.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

LOL...so you consider Chauvin heavy? And no....you can't choke someone by pushing on the back of their neck.

So much for your irony.

Being choked out is not necessarily just cutting off oxygen. It can simply be cutting off blood to the brain. In wrestling, it's called going to sleep, taking a nap. If pressure is released immediately, no problem, no harm. If pressure continues, game over.
edit on 30-3-2021 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

So much for your irony.

Being choked out is not necessarily just cutting off oxygen. It can simply be cutting off blood to the brain. In wrestling, it's called going to sleep, taking a nap. If pressure is released immediately, no problem, no harm. If pressure continues, game over.

I have no dog in this fight....but you do realize that it is impossible for someone to keep saying they can't breathe if they are passed out.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: Connector

So much for your irony.

I have no dog in this fight....but you do realize that it is impossible for someone to keep saying they can't breathe if they are passed out.

Yes, that's when he stopped talking and was probably alive for sometime after that, but the pressure wasn't released.

BTW I have no dog either

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: ElGoobero

Ahem. You told me nothing I don't already know and didn't already explain.

You just conveniently left out the part that allows for officers to kill non-violent and non-threatening people because they claim to be "afraid" someone "may" be a threat. So all doubt is now reasonable doubt, due process does not apply, and everyone has a target on their back because officers are literally trained that EVERYONE is a threat. So much for the right to life.

But good job. Spoken just like a good little tool. I hope you get an extra brownie point for your efforts.

as Xtrozero pointed out,
if the police WANTED Floyd dead the had numerous ways to accomplish. they put the knee on his neck because they DID NOT want to kill him.

everyone IS a threat, when they attack.

your brownie point talk is cutsie and all but if you spent some time on the street (I have not), or dealt with same (I have), you'd see this very differently.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: Boadicea

Ahem. You told me nothing I don't already know and didn't already explain.

You just conveniently left out the part that allows for officers to kill non-violent and non-threatening people because they claim to be "afraid" someone "may" be a threat. So all doubt is now reasonable doubt, due process does not apply, and everyone has a target on their back because officers are literally trained that EVERYONE is a threat. So much for the right to life.

But good job. Spoken just like a good little tool. I hope you get an extra brownie point for your efforts.

as Xtrozero pointed out,
if the police WANTED Floyd dead the had numerous ways to accomplish. they put the knee on his neck because they DID NOT want to kill him.

I agree with this. I don't think the officer had any intent or wanted to kill Floyd. I think he perhaps wanted to intimidate, bully or rough up Floyd and he effed up.

It's documented the 2 worked at the same bar, as security, for a yr. I'm thinking it goes back to that.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Again: I am speaking to the legal defense of ALL law enforcement shootings, based upon two Supreme Court decisions in particular, which defines the lawful use of lethal force.

Specifically, that an LEO may use lethal force if he/she "believes" that someone "might" be a threat to themselves or others. This is the legal standard and therefore the defense of virtually ALL LEO shootings, whether the person was literally a threat to anyone or not. It does not matter in terms of criminal liability if the dead person really was a threat. It only matters if the officer perceives them as a threat.

And the very notion that EVERYONE is a threat is, 1 -- simply not true; and 2 -- in direct and complete opposition to the founding legal principle, and our Constitutional rights, that every man is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.

Innocent people who pose absolutely no threat to anyone, including LEOs, can and have been and will be killed by LEOs with impunity as long as these Supreme Court decisions stand as thee criminal standard. This is unconscionable and unacceptable. It's easy (for some) to cheer when it's a thug like Floyd.

But I'm more concerned about the innocent.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 30-3-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
How many complaints does a police officer that works in the hood get filed against him? When you're arresting dirtbags regularly they complain and so do their friends and relatives.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I’m with ya.
But the court of public opinion and the threats of riots will prevail.
He will not get a fair trial.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
a reply to: Boadicea
How many complaints does a police officer that works in the hood get filed against him?

You tell me. Oh wait! If you could have... you would have. But I'll play.

If your premise is correct, then I would expect that equal numbers of complaints are filed against all officers working in the same neighborhoods. Those numbers could be broken down in various ways, but would have to be proportionate to time on the job -- both in terms of years since first hired, and/or in terms of number of hours each worked. So we could not look at raw total numbers as in, "Chauvin has had this many complaints and Officer Joe has had this many complaints." We would have to look at how many each officer had in proportionate time periods -- per year, per shift, etc.

Perhaps also look at what disciplinary action was taken after a thorough investigation, if any action at all was taken. Was Chauvin disciplined only a couple times while others were disciplined multiple times? Or was Chauvin disciplined a couple times while others were not disciplined at all?

We would also have to compare and contrast the nature of the complaints, from disrespectful and abusive words to blatant brutality. Did the citizen just feel disrespected or was the citizen physically battered/assaulted/killed? Again, if your premise is correct, then I would expect the complaints to be equal and proportionate.

If not, then I would suspect that most of the complaints are legit, with some exaggerated and some outright false.

Unless you have those numbers crunched, your poorly presented point is moot.

Further, it does not matter how many false complaints there are. What matters is that every complaint is investigated and addressed and the chips are allowed to fall where they may.

When you're arresting dirtbags regularly they complain and so do their friends and relatives.

Big sigh. Yes... yes... yes. No argument.

Which neither addresses nor disputes that the same training, laws, and regs that allow for the dirtbags and thugs and scumbags to be killed by LEOs with impunity also allow for the people who pose no danger to anyone to be killed with impunity.

Which has been my point all along.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
the only way to start the riots back up is to let him go...only takes one juror

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
As for the jurors,

Does aNtifa have list of their names and home addresses, their Children’s schools and Places of work yet?

If not, I’m sure cNn, twitter and the dEmocrat party will soon help them out with that

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join