It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chauvin Trial - Day 2

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

The Guy shot the first person who broke through the barricade. (That was his job, That's what he's hired to do. Serve and protect) The message was received loud and clear. The mood turned in that instant.

It wasn't a barricade...

Everyone came to their senses and realized that this was for real and not just some silly little game and went home. The two cops who were surrounded escaped with their lives. Job done.

Do you think their lives were in danger, or that they felt their lives were in danger? I don't

You on the other hand probably would have come out blasting at anything that moved.

You know nothing about me other than I would have not fired...

edit on 31-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LSU2018

I really don't see the purpose of most of these witnesses, except for their video tapes. You know, "Is this your video" "Yep", okay lets watch it." should be all that's needed. But it seems like their trying to make the witnesses out to be victims too.

I don't think the jury will care about the moods and memories of the witnesses.

Agreed.

"Can you take the pen and point to where you were? It's going to look just like this but maybe a different color."

The way the prosecution is talking to these witnesses reminds me of how a Kindergarten teacher speaks to her children during class.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

originally posted by: alphacenturi

You guys need to start showing some professionalismness in this thread. Its embarrassing. Lol.

Floyd had a history of violent crime. The store owner gave him two opportunities to either return the cigarettes or give him real money for them before calling the cops.

The people Floyd was with told officers he had taken two percocets when he came back to the car from the store and was passing out from them.

He had fentanyl and meth in his system as well.

He had a history of lying to police, had multiple warrants served on that vehicle.

He resisted arrest for 15 minutes.

He ASKED to be taken out of the cop car and put on the ground.

The officers tried to de-escalate the situation multiple times. They told him they weren't going to shoot him, told him they would roll down the window in the squad car, told him they'd turn on the air conditioner and open the sunroof. Told him they wouldnt leave him alone...

He "couldn't breathe" as they were cuffing him...

He could move his head and speak while he was on the ground with a knee on his neck.

The autopsy report showed NO asphyxiation. He died of a heart attack.

Police officers are required to arrest people who pose a threat to themselves or others, and are supposed to arrest and hold mentally ill people for their safety until their mental health can be evaluated. This would include people high out of their mind who become belligerent.

These officers did everything by the book. End of story.

Ok, thanks for your superior knowledge on this and basically telling everyone else that it's over, finished, caput, because you say so.

I am enjoying all the comments in the thread and have been watching the trial on tv. So far the witness that to me, seems the most credible and reasonable is Christopher Martin, the store clerk that served George Floyed on that day.

Was pretty disgusted with the fact that the Managers at the store kept repeatedly telling Martin to go outside and confront the three of them about the counterfeit money even though he offered to have it taken out of his pay.

Not good people to work for, if they are so hard up for $20 they should have dealt with it themselves.
As I understand it the manager was also carrying.

Here's some more superior knowledge for you.

He had four other counterfeit bills in his car.

The fact that Floyd was given multiple opportunities to either return the cigarettes or give real money for them is important, because it is a Federal offense to knowingly pass counterfeit bills, with a maximum sentence of 20 years.

And I'm sorry you think stealing from a small business owner is OK.

That's the sorry state of the world we live in. Where a store owner is a bad person because he's trying to feed his family, and is a bad person for giving someone multiple chances to make a bad situation right.

And apparently, having a gun to protect your property in a high crime area makes you a bad person too.

But being a violent criminal doesn't make you a bad person because of the color of your skin.

Wow ok.
Sorry but I was refering to your earlier post and snarky comments about members posting about this and saying we weren't professional, well Im not a professional, just a laymen observing what I'm seeing during the trial, I take no side on this so far,... thats why Im watching the trial.

You seemd to have decided that it is over.
Which is your perogative.
Oh and you totally misconstrued my whole post, so theres also that!

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: alphacenturi

He just seemed truthful to me and asnwered questions without hesitation.

Yeah, I agree with that.

I thought you held it up to the light to look for the little magnetic strip on the left side, and the watermark face image on the right side.

Also, I thought most places had some sort of special highlighter they marked it with. I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I think if it's a real bill, it doesn't make a mark. If it's fake, then it leaves a colored mark.

Not really sure either, in Canada we have funny money, every bill is a different color, lol, I worked with cash alot in previous jobs and to this day i still do not know what to look for, maybe I will check it out.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You guys need to start showing some professionalismness in this thread. Its embarrassing. Lol.

Floyd had a history of violent crime. The store owner gave him two opportunities to either return the cigarettes or give him real money for them before calling the cops.

The people Floyd was with told officers he had taken two percocets when he came back to the car from the store and was passing out from them.

He had a history of lying to police, had multiple warrants served on that vehicle.

The officers tried to de-escalate the situation multiple times. They told him they weren't going to shoot him, told him they would roll down the window in the squad car, told him they'd turn on the air conditioner and open the sunroof. Told him they wouldnt leave him alone...

He could move his head and speak while he was on the ground with a knee on his neck.

Police officers are required to arrest people who pose a threat to themselves or others, and are supposed to arrest and hold mentally ill people for their safety until their mental health can be evaluated. This would include people high out of their mind who become belligerent.

Ok, thanks for your superior knowledge on this and basically telling everyone else that it's over, finished, caput, because you say so.

I am enjoying all the comments in the thread and have been watching the trial on tv. So far the witness that to me, seems the most credible and reasonable is Christopher Martin, the store clerk that served George Floyed on that day.

Was pretty disgusted with the fact that the Managers at the store kept repeatedly telling Martin to go outside and confront the three of them about the counterfeit money even though he offered to have it taken out of his pay.

Not good people to work for, if they are so hard up for $20 they should have dealt with it themselves.

The fact that Floyd was given multiple opportunities to either return the cigarettes or give real money for them is important, because it is a Federal offense to knowingly pass counterfeit bills, with a maximum sentence of 20 years.

That's the sorry state of the world we live in. Where a store owner is a bad person because he's trying to feed his family, and is a bad person for giving someone multiple chances to make a bad situation right.

And apparently, having a gun to protect your property in a high crime area makes you a bad person too.

But being a violent criminal doesn't make you a bad person because of the color of your skin.

Wow ok.
Sorry but I was refering to your earlier post and snarky comments about members posting about this and saying we weren't professional, well Im not a professional, just a laymen observing what I'm seeing during the trial, I take no side on this so far,... thats why Im watching the trial.

Professionalismness isn't even a word.... It was a joke based off the mma fighter's ridiculous testimony, where he uses that word and also claims yelling profanities at police officers is "professional."

It would seem you misconstrued my post.

And you claimed working for that store owner was bad because he asked the guy to try to get Floyd to return the cigarettes or give real money for them, and because he carries a gun.

I don't think I misconstrued your post at all.

I haven't decided its over, I simply understand its a sham trial to appease social justice warriors using a bull# accusation of racism. You know, because they're rioting using this disgusting human being as an excuse to destroy businesses and homes.

I was a cop in the service. They followed procedure to a "T." If there is an issue with procedure, that's on the police department and the state, not on the officer following his training.
edit on 31-3-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: LSU2018

Interesting that the defense is not going to cross, maybe the chance that the old gentleman breaks down again woudn't be good for their strategy.

Covid 19 lockdown court room drama.
Perfect for a rainy afternoon.

I was thinking the prosecution did the defense's work lol. The video and the man's testimony were both pretty damning, and not in favor of the prosecution in my opinion. He said he could see Floyd foaming at the mouth, the police had already called the paramedics at that point and Floyd was still talking and resisting, the old man asked him why he didn't just stop resisting and get in the car since he's not going to win, etc. Then you have the chap that worked there, he held a conversation with Floyd and said he could tell Floyd was really high.

Thats true too. It is a strange trial so far, lol, I just thought when he broke down and had to take a break, it pulls at people, especially the jury and didn't look good for chauvin.

The parts of the video where floyd is claiming he can't breath even before he is on the ground is pretty damning for the prosecution as you say.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wow ok.

Professionalismness isn't even a word.... It was a joke based off the mma fighter's ridiculous testimony, where he uses that word and also claims yelling profanities at police officers is "professional."

And you claimed working for that store owner was bad because he asked the guy to try to get Floyd to return the cigarettes or give real money for them, and because he carries a gun.

I haven't decided its over, I simply understand its a sham trial to appease social justice warriors using a bull# accusation of racism.

I was a cop in the service. They followed procedure to a "T." If there is an issue with procedure, that's on the police department and the state, not on the officer following his training.

I thought the owners were bad for making their employee go outside to deal with someone who possibly may have committed a crime, I believe the owner should not put their employees in a dangerous situation.

Christopher Martin told his boss that he would pay for the loss of the $20 but his manager/owner told him to go back outside and asked them to come back into the store.

Im sorry any owner who puts their employees in danger over $20 is a BAD owner and employer.
The Owner was carrying, I have no problem with that, all the more reason for the owner to confront George Floyd and not his employee.

sheesh.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Not really sure either, in Canada we have funny money, every bill is a different color, lol, I worked with cash alot in previous jobs and to this day i still do not know what to look for, maybe I will check it out.

The U.S. $20 Bill has a little metal strip hidden inside of it. You can actually tear the bill (a real small tear) and pull it out. It's probably illegal lol, but I did it once, years ago. It's probably in the $50 & $100 also, but I can't remember for sure, and I can't confirm that at the moment.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The Guy shot the first person who broke through the barricade. (That was his job, That's what he's hired to do. Serve and protect) The message was received loud and clear. The mood turned in that instant.

It wasn't a barricade...

Everyone came to their senses and realized that this was for real and not just some silly little game and went home. The two cops who were surrounded escaped with their lives. Job done.

Do you think their lives were in danger, or that they felt their lives were in danger? I don't

You on the other hand probably would have come out blasting at anything that moved.

You know nothing about me other than I would have not fired...

Sure looks barricadey to me.

The guy who shot wasn't hanging around to find out whether they were friend or foe. If a mob turns up and starts kicking your windows and doors in they ain't about to offer you cookies and lemonade once they bust through.

Don't ever apply for a job as part of a security detail for the US government if pulling the trigger when it matters is not on your to-do list.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It might be a stretch but can y'all kindly move your Capitol-shooting stuff to a new thread please?

This thread is concerning the George Floyd trial.

Thank you for your understanding

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Don't ever apply for a job as part of a security detail for the US government if pulling the trigger when it matters is not on your to-do list.

You do know there were two cops on the other side with the crowd...lol They never pulled their guns...BTW my 28 years in the military gave me enough experience to know when to pull the trigger...

BTW The trial is not looking good for the Prosecution side of things...

edit on 31-3-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I thought the owners were bad for making their employee go outside to deal with someone who possibly may have committed a crime, I believe the owner should not put their employees in a dangerous situation.

Christopher Martin told his boss that he would pay for the loss of the $20 but his manager/owner told him to go back outside and asked them to come back into the store.

Crazy right?

Glad the guy quit, and said under oath that he didn't feel safe.

edit on 31-3-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Wow ok.

I haven't decided its over, I simply understand its a sham trial to appease social justice warriors using a bull# accusation of racism.

Im sorry any owner who puts their employees in danger over $20 is a BAD owner and employer.
The Owner was carrying, I have no problem with that, all the more reason for the owner to confront George Floyd and not his employee.

sheesh.

I guess you missed the part of the testimony where Martin said he had second thoughts about paying for the cigarettes himself, which is why brought it up to the boss...

And also how he had already refused a counterfeit bill from one of Floyd's friends earlier in the day.

And apparently, Martin claimed they weren't in any way aggressive, so why would he be in danger? Probably because he had interacted with Floyd's friend earlier, when Floyd's friend was showing Martin a counterfeit bill outside the store and tore it up in front of them.

Almost as if Martin knew he had nothing to be afraid of because he had interactions with these clowns already.

In fact, Martin said Floyd seemed "friendly" and "approachable."

Seems like Martin made the decision to go speak with Floyd and could have told his boss "no" if he felt he was in danger.
edit on 31-3-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Crazy right?

Glad the guy quit, and said under oath that he didn't feel safe.

Yeah I wonder if that effected him and his mom and sister living in one of the apartments upstairs.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rounda

On another body cam, one of the police just told Floyd exactly what everyone else with common sense has been saying. He told him if he couldn't breathe then he wouldn't be able to talk. One of yesterday's witnesses keeps saying bro. Hey bro, he's not even breathing bro, you think that's cool bro? You're a bum bro, you're a bum for that bro.

Reminds me of the douchebag from Sausage Party.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I love how those fat bottoms follow right behind the main pot stirrer and repeat what he's saying. Like they know anything.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

On another body cam, one of the police just told Floyd exactly what everyone else with common sense has been saying. He told him if he couldn't breathe then he wouldn't be able to talk. One of yesterday's witnesses keeps saying bro. Hey bro, he's not even breathing bro, you think that's cool bro? You're a bum bro, you're a bum for that bro.

At some point, cops aren't going to be able to arrest anyone for any crime. They're just going to have to ask politely to meet them at the police station for booking.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   

At some point, cops aren't going to be able to arrest anyone for any crime. They're just going to have to ask politely to meet them at the police station for booking.

I am kinda baffled as to why the police forces in these areas haven't gone on strike and just let the town burn until they are asked to come back.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I am kinda baffled as to why the police forces in these areas haven't gone on strike and just let the town burn until they are asked to come back.

Maybe because they live there?

Many may even truly love their city, and they especially don't wanna see it destroyed, even if it no longer actually resembles the city they once fell in love with.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I know quite a few former cops who have stepped away from law enforcement because its not worth it anymore.

You go out everyday trying to actually make your community a better place to live for everyone and people have been so brainwashed into believing you're the enemy to the point where your life is actually in danger.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join