It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could "Covid" Passports become permanent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Multiple government agencies are engaged in conversations and planning, coordinated by the White House, as this kind of system will play a role in multiple aspects of life, including potentially the workforce, another senior administration official told CNN.
Covid Vaccine Passport

I'm more concerned that once we have a passport of any kind that is required to basically be part of society, it's conditions can easily be expanded for “our protection”.

Why not reject (red X) anyone on don't fly lists, they are far more dangerous in a packed sports facility than someone who simply doesn't have a vaccine.

And maybe anyone who isn't in the country legally (could be a terrorist), or is wanted for any reason by the law.

Or people who have have prior drug or alcohol arrests, or owe alimony or back taxes.

Maybe any gun owner or someone who posted something the government doesn't like on social media...

If we now have a way to “check” everyone everywhere we go, why not make it permanent and expand it to “protect” us from anyone the government decides can harm us....

I would just suggest instead of a red X when we are rejected from society, a yellow star might be more appropriate. It's been used before for the same “reasons” (for our own safety) and it's meaning is universally understood so we can avoid the learning curve....

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

This won't work.

I (medically) cannot take the vaccine.

Some may not be able to take it for religious reasons.

No law in a free society can relegate classes of people into second class citizens.

edit on 29-3-2021 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh don’t be silly

You’re just a conspiracy theorist

tRuSt tHe MeDiA

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Yeah, You're right, our government could never do such a thing...

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No law in a free society can relegate classes of people into second class citizens.

And the bad news is that whole "free" bit that you wrote there. That's what they're trying to get rid of, and it seems to be working so far.

Any law in an enslaved society can relegate classes of people into second class citizens.

link   
This has been discussed over and over and it should be still discussed over and over. Conservatives to Anti-Fascists should agree this is one big crock of BS if it becomes mandatory and/or exclusionary in any way shape or form. Period

edit on 29-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm sure that these will just be temporary, just like Patriot Act provisions.

After all, the right to travel is protected by the Fifth Amendment. You know how the government loves to protect our rights.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

This is just a pretext for the coming new paradigm of repressive monitoring and identity control. You can be assured the descent into a technocratic fascist global system of precise personal delineation will only accelerate.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

When was the last time since the slow increase in authoritarianism in the west (since at least the second world war but accelerating after the 1980's) that governments took away powers they had given themselves.

Yes the Covid Passports will become permanent as will other - supposedly temporary laws and control measures especially those that boost the powers that be ability to control and eliminate free speech, free assembly and eventually the ability to dissent from our corporate overlords unelected rule or there puppet fake governments that do there bidding.

Less than 100 people in the world own more than half the world's wealth, those 100 people have kept us in the dark age when we should already be on the moon and mars and be colonizing and mining the asteroid belt, it's all about control and power.

Those that do not have the vaccine will have to apply for exemptions and special passes that will cover them so in affect they will still have to have the passport albeit a special one and may find there travel restricted depending on the laws of other nations but the threat of global pandemic will be used to justify making this permanent one way or another, it is too much of a boon to the surveillance and security sector as well both private/corporate and government.

edit on 29-3-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Center for the Decisions in our Country?
Sounds like somebody is getting a little too much attention.
Perpetual lockdowns over the flu virus is the wet dream of the CDC.
They are king of the world status during this grift.

Full suspension of mortgages, utilities, property taxes and reimbursement for depreciation and maintenance need demanded to even remotely consider suspending private ownership/income.

Anything short of that deserves a revolution.
It's been over a year for fs.
This topic should have been smoked on the "Walmart's cool, your not, pay your taxes and expenses!" bs going on.
Massive effing vulture capitalism going on.
FIRE
Financial, Insurance and Real Estate.
Just sucking out the last surviving wealth. Nothing more.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This won't work.

Hey, not being able to take the vaccine because of medical reasons should make us a minority...we get special rights.

We are not allowed to get brainwashed into flying all over the world or go on cruises...just think how much we will save.

They should pay us to not work....oh yeah, I am retired, I already get paid not to work.

We should get cheaper car insurance since we can't drive all over the place anymore.

We should get a benefit from the government for free delivery of foods and supplies.

Being a minority could be beneficial, bakeries cannot refuse to make us a cake.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Seriously, you feel the need to even ask that question?

Is it not clear that this has been the end goal from the beginning. This is tyranny. This is control. That is all that it's ever been about since the beginning, since the first lockdown and mask mandate.

I figure I'm on somebody's s**t list for even writing this, but it's too late now.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
A huge thankyou to everyone who voted Harris/Biden. You da MVP's!

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Not only can they , but they WILL be.
edit on 3/29/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   

This won't work.

All that will not matter,
Eugenics my friend .
The culling of the good folks and unfit.

I have read the 3 Books and know how this story ends .
edit on 3/29/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Next thing you know, well need id to vote...errr wait....

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

This won't work.

Now that we know our elections are fixed do we really live in a free society anymore? I think second class citizens are a distinct possibility in “Biden’s” America.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   

This won't work.

It is not lawful. But it gaining traction and will need a lawsuit to gain merit.

I'm more concerned with the idea of "papers" than anything regarding this health issue.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Covid passpoerts. Depends which country you live in.

In the UK it's likely to be voluntary disclosure, which may / may not be backed by some evidential link - nothing electronic exists yet. Pubs have been told that it's up to them how they sort it, so expect you'll be asked by the publican "have you been vaccinated"? It's relying on people to be honest. It relies on people's goodwill, but we know some will take advantage like the arses they are.

In the long term I expect digital solutions attached to a person's existing digital identity. Many people already use the NHS app, for example.

The problem is that if Greece requires proof of vaccination (for my holiday in August) how do I easily demonstrate that I am vacinated? Certainly, if I am not vaccinated, I should not be booking holidays abroad.

And then there's what we (in the UK) do with people from abroad coming in? Will we expect foreigners to demonstrate that they have been vaccinated? Probably.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   

This won't work.

You don't need to take the vaccine- you just need to file the appropriate paperwork to get your newspeak-ID

Without a valid doctors note the rest of us will need to just get our jabs to get said ID, but given a valid proven medical reason you can apply for your own exemption and get an ID anyway.

In a few years, you'll need said ID to enter grocery stores.
A few years after that they'll change the name of said ID to require it to order supplies online. For your safety, of course.

Then they'll require said ID to "vote" - voter ID is fine when the system counting the votes auto-corrects your input. They'll still buffer the outcome numbers just to make it seem like they didn't cheat their way here, but don't worry about that.

Once a new generation is used to carrying around their papers, they'll start to punish anyone who can't prove their status.
It's not hard to see where it goes from there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join