It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Extends National Ban On Evictions Until July Due To COVID-19

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So, I guess the big questions with this one is what about the landlord? Is the bank allowing landlords not to pay their mortgages on these properties with renters not paying the rent? If not, a lot of people are going to lose their rental properties.

The biggest hypocrisy I find in the article is this concern about not grouping people together in shelters or with family members due to Covid 19. How is that working out in those 60 people in a room indoor enclosures down at the border?

www.upi.com...

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention moved Monday to extend a national ban on evicting renters who are experiencing hardship related to COVID-19, just two days before it was set to expire.

"Keeping people in their homes and out of crowded or congregate settings -- like homeless shelters -- by preventing evictions is a key step in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19."

The CDC said it wants to avoid displaced people from moving in with family members or friends, or being forced into crowded homeless shelters.

"When you're looking at an infectious disease like COVID-19, evictions can have an impact not only on the health of evicted families, but also on the health of the broader community,"

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So, I guess the big questions with this one is what about the landlord? Is the bank allowing landlords not to pay their mortgages on these properties with renters not paying the rent? If not, a lot of people are going to lose their rental properties.

EXACTLY!
If the govt is forcing the landlords to go without receiving rent payments from their tenants, then the govt needs to force the goddamn banks to go without receiving their mortgage payments from the landlords!

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

If not, a lot of people are going to lose their rental properties.

What if one's rental property, is in fact a suite in their residential property? Does the renter still get to live there after the bank forecloses and kicks out the landlord?

Is the bank allowing landlords not to pay their mortgages on these properties with renters not paying the rent?

Of course not....how could they participate in what is sure to be known as one of the bigger land grabs by banks in recent years?

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Democrat/Banker Complex Catch-22 😎

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

What authority does the CDC have to do this?

How does letting people live rent free mitigate the virus?

I assure you, the homeless are doing perfectly well, all along the entire west coast.

Or maybe, it might just ignite these lazy asses to get a job β€” and pay their effing bills!

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Why and HOW is the CDC involved in housing policy? WTF?!

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
Thats what I came into ask...Who the feg is the CDC? Who elected them to excercise what constitutional power?

Theyre a privately held company I do believe.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hope someone here can post some information about the increase of foreclosures since the virus.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
From the same group that brought Georgia the flesh eating virus ?
Supposedly accidentally released in a river a good distance upstream ?

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yet another Democratic nail, in the coffin of the economy. As soon as the stimulus money is gone, Wall Street will bleed like a Chinese wet market.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

The ink isn't even dry yet on the last bill and they're already in talks (preplanned I'm sureπŸ™„) about another round of stimmy that's even larger than the last one under the guise of internal improvements...

Sure...

I always thought that President Trump could have secured a TON of jobs related to infrastructure if only he could have secured the funding to do so. I could really care less he always seemed to make it about himself, so what. He was doing it for the country.

So you see folks, the Dems and the Repubs WILL ABSOLUTELY withhold or delay, support for the citizens they supposedly represent, in order to push PARTY AGENDA'S and not the NEEDS and CONCERNS of the PEOPLE.

The back and forth blaming is nothing but posturing and positioning to get a better spot at the feeding trough of our tax dollars.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
How does this even work. The policies of Fauci and the CDC have never taken into account the entire landscape from day one on how every course of action they take negatively impacts other aspects of society. As the OP pointed out it hurts landlords and and the families of landlords. Assuming they will get a tax credit but those taxes still have to be paid by someone. Cities and towns have budgets. They will have to raise property taxes on home owners, utility fees and the cost of other services. The rent is still going to get paid basically by someone. The virus will eventually go away but the fees on homeowners will never go away. Cities and towns NEVER reduce taxes. It's wealth redistribution and warfare on the middle and upper middle class since they are the only ones getting hurt. Sports is my favorite. College and pro play ball. Everyone else, lock the gyms and parks. Total insanity.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

My first thought ....CDC????
The center for disease control is issuing edicts about evictions?

How do they have that authority?
And who is subsidizing the landlords?

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I feel like Charlton Heston raging on the beach at the base of a giant statue of Faucci.

It's too late now. The government has completely screwed things up.

We're done.

We're toast.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If it's the CDC setting this "policy," how can it be enforced? Is the court going to reject your eviction proceedings? Under what law? OK I'm stupid, let's start there. Can someone ELI5?

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

My first thought ....CDC????
The center for disease control is issuing edicts about evictions?

How do they have that authority?
And who is subsidizing the landlords?

The CDC has no authority on issues like this. What they can do, is try and get the Fed gov't via a number of different avenues to issue and enforce those edicts. The last eviction moratorium was done this way.

Congress can also initiate it but it has no power of law until signed by POTUS or POTUS issues an Executive Order to that effect.

The CDC alone can't do it. Congress alone can't do it. Only POTUS can.

edit on 3/30/2021 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

That is the first thing that came to my mind, who in the hell is CDC to order and enforce rules regarding commerce this new to me.

BTW the media is having a feast on 4 wave of covid ravaging the nation, I guess they mean to say the illegal infected that are coming across the border in the US, a created wave of infection by the senile and good for nothing democrat administration.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

The democrats need money to feed, house, educate and give free health care to all the illegals entering the country sick with covid, you know the 4 wave is the illegals.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There are only 3 ways this can go now.
1. When the tomfoolery is over the USA will see the largest homeless explosion in the nation's history.
2. The feds end up keeping the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums in place in perpetuity, forming a register of properties behind on payments whose deeds will transfer to a new agency within the federal government. Hello government owned housing coast to coast.
3. TARP 2 happens, and the tax payers "bail out" the banks when the feds tell everyone owed back rent/mortgage payments "you're going to eat this one." Rental property owners who don't also owe a mortgage (or who have continued to pay their mortgages) while their tenants have not paid rent will take it the worst and not be made whole. Banks will however be made whole thanks to our tax dollars. Renters who have been living rent free for a year will walk away like thieves in the night, same as the banks.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Lets make it into lame words, yes a bubble is about to burse but the tax payer will bail the big ones as usual

The small business will go extinct

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join