It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The move to remove sheet music from Oxford

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Ohanka

So are you suggesting that a European University should focus only on European art? That's rather limiting huh?

Of course not, that would be ridiculous. There seems no legitimate musical reason for such a decision since the reason given was "colonialism was bad". Not entirely sure what colonialism has to do with music but then again the corporate-promoted cult scream "everything is political" like they're Leon Trotsky.

Speaking of Colonialism such nonsense ideas seem to me to be the product of American Colonialism. American Critical Race Theory sure as hell isn't a European creation. I say we ban it on the grounds of colonial oppression.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: DBCowboy

Your son is only 18?

I thought he'd be like 40.

He's just "old" not "really old."
He's really fat

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

That is what you're dealing with here.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

edit on 29-3-2021 by BlueJacket because: sorry, poor form

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
“Advancing creativeness”

Wet ass pussy

So much better than sheet music

Can't we have both?

Not according to ‘the left’

One must be BANNED, and it’s not the one promoting gang violence, murder, drug use and prostitution

Go figure

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: DBCowboy

Your son is only 18?

I thought he'd be like 40.

He's just "old" not "really old."
He's really fat

Yeah, I've seen the pics.

What amazes me though is that as the days and weeks fly by, it's like looking in the mirror.

edit on 2932021 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   

“Advancing creativeness”

Wet ass pussy

So much better than sheet music

Can't we have both?

Not according to ‘the left’

One must be BANNED, and it’s not the one promoting gang violence, murder, drug use and prostitution

Go figure

Lol, fair enough

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TheRedneck

My wife is younger so there is that.

Said the wise man.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

University of Oxford considers scrapping sheet music for being 'too colonial' after staff raise concerns about music curriculums' 'complicity in white supremacy' after Black Lives Matter movement

The more I read stuff like this, the closer I come to the conclusion that we're so screwed.

These people should be woken up every morning and flogged. The floggings should be shown on worldwide TV every day to remind people of the penalty for being a complete waste of a pair of shoes and total asshats generally.

Or, I just may resign from this thing these people call "polite society".

Screw them - they need us more than we need them anyway.

Let 'em all choke on their ridiculous rhetoric while the rest of us go out and do what we always do. You know - earn a living, contribute to our communities, etc.

way beyond /smh at this point...

edit on 3/29/2021 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I think it's becoming clear that person archives are going to be the only answer to culture and history. If these classical pieces are downloadable, then I suggest that people who care start doing so and print them off for archiving.

During the fist Caliphate it only took 5 years to go from the height of Islamic academic legacy to people not being able to write their names.

They'll survive in the East. Asian musical artists revere the European classical composers.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The idiots that put such pretend academics in charge would be better investing there money in proper educational institutions, things like this will see our culture, our history and our FUTURE sacrificed on the vain alter of political correctness.

Mind you Oxford, Eton and Cambridge have long been a nest of weirdo's and no it's not just eccentricity many of them have turned traitor to our nation, many of the worst of the worst of the elite also have been schooled there.

So maybe it's time to get well rid of and get some proper new university's staffed by sane staff and teachers and were those archives and knowledge can be properly preserved, shared with the public and educated to the new generations can occur.

Censorship of history, wiping out culture because of modern perception etc is a disgusting and evil practice.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

We should confiscate all money from universities.

Colonialists also used money.

They also breathed in oxygen.......let's remove that too.

edit on 2932021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Who gives a toss what Oxford says

Plenty of sites out there

musopen.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I see the disgusting defenders of this pathetic university have tucked tail

What a surprise

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The term "Dark Ages" is a bit vague. It could relate to the decline of the Roman era, the fall of Educational standards, or even the weather. It's a very misnomer of a term. It was during this time the Islamic academics started to gain an understanding of ancient Greek thoughts, and most importantly started to add their own takes and additions to it.

Sadly some people at the time thought that non Islamic thought was starting to destroy Islamic purity and went on a campaign to rid the Muslim world of all western thought. The killing of scholars and nonconforming academics started at that time, and in the end writing and reading were banned processes. It only took five years to wipe clean from the majority of society anything outside of "approved" studies.

This notion of removing Classical Music is along these lines. Destroy the culture by removing the history.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

How long do you think those site will exist if this thread continues?

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"We now have an intelligentsia which, though very small, is very useful to the cause of Hell." -C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

How C.S. Lewis Predicted the Woke Nightmare

“Democracy is the word with which you must lead them by the nose,” Screwtape tells his fellow devils. “The basic principle of the new education is to be that dunces and idlers must not be made to feel inferior to intelligent and industrious pupils. That would be ‘undemocratic.’”

“The removal of this class, besides linking up with the abolition of education, is, fortunately, an inevitable effect of the spirit that says I'm as good as you. This was, after all, the social group which gave to the humans the overwhelming majority of their scientists, physicians, philosophers, theologians, poets, artists, composers, architects, jurists, and administrators. If ever there were a bunch of stalks that needed their tops knocked off, it was surely they.”

“The great sinners seem easier to catch. But then they are incalculable. After you have played them for seventy years, the Enemy may snatch them from your claws in the seventy-first. … They are, if things take the wrong turn, as ready to defy the social pressures around them for the Enemy's sake as they were to defy them for ours. It is in some ways more troublesome to track and swat an evasive wasp than to shoot, at close range, a wild elephant. But the elephant is more troublesome if you miss.”

Screwtape Proposes a Toast [PDF]

How pop music got infested with cultural Marxist wokeness...

twitter.com...

AvenueQ | www.youtube.com...

Thi ngs that will/may become 'obsolete' in very near future

I would also add public school classrooms, teaching reading & writing; replaced by AI.

No smartphone, no credit card, no problem...Amazon ONE!

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Strange really.
I thought Oxford said they wouldn't remove the Cecil Rhodes statue.
That's one filthy scumbag.
Probably an actual racist, too. Not just an inconvenience for the loonies.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Yeah, the whole thing reminds me of a George Carlin skit that you know just could not happen IRL.

SMH!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join