It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The move to remove sheet music from Oxford

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So, they're not canceling sheet music?

They might change what they call it, though. Sheets and all.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
a reply to: Kromlech

It's an agenda to vilify whites and Western culture. That's what it all boils down to.

When your only tool is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Never in the entire history of mankind has there ever been a benefit by censoring history, banning art, writings, music.

It has always been to the detriment of society.

Always.

Amazing that no one seems to pay attention to history though.

Throughout history, no one has paid attention to history.

Definition of recursion: See recursion...

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Who are you calling fool's,

Extraneou's apostophe's do not indicate erudition.

Lets just do away with them altogether. Along with sheet music.
edit on 4/1/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: Xaphan
a reply to: Kromlech

It's an agenda to vilify whites and Western culture. That's what it all boils down to.

When your only tool is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

I think they also have a sickle to go with that hammer.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Waaaagh - (yes that's a made up word but one commonly used in variations by many people but never included in any dictionary that I am aware of but then not being that erudite myself or indeed that grammatically apt I have most likely overlooked the vast majority of them and it could mean something in some other language quite offensive or maybe not?)
- they're ganging up on me.

(Anyway perhaps it's time for me to go about my own business and let's remember today is actually the official Easter Friday so let's have some good spirit toward one another - the best man that ever lived was crucified this day though it was probably more accurate to say it was last Friday since pass over was actually celebrated by the Jewish peoples on Saturday last which would make Sunday last the actual day of the resurrection - the day does not matter though the act of faith does and in fact Easter is by far the more important Christian celebration of the year - by the way phage have you looked at the new research into the Shroud of Turin, image made by radiation, two imprint's of the hand showing that it was moving during the process, the nail still in the wound with six sides making it a hexagonal nail (perfect for a star of David) which while not common as ever nail made back then was made to order by different metal workers or even soldiers they did exist and the dating having been revised back to the correct period - not to drift off thread or anything but if ANYONE wanted that music gone even if it was just a lunatic student group representing a tiny minority that may have been a bit vocal and in a world were people would rather worship statues or pretend there is nothing beyond life despite the many strange occurrences in there own lives they like to ignore or rationalize away well you can imagine what a similarly empowered group of vocal idiots would try to do to those inconvenient facts today in a world were people of Christian and also in some regions other faith's are increasingly persecuted - so is it really surprising that we would knee jerk react to such imbeciles I mean come on man regardless of your own personal beliefs whatever they may be you surely get that now don't you).

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

the best man that ever lived was crucified this day

Then how come it's not on the same date every year? Like Christmas.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Really? This could be looked up.

At the risk of taking my thread further off topic...
www.rd.com...

To keep the talk about music
www.jesuswalk.com...
www.godtube.com...
Alas, no sheet music.

Back on topic???

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Well , those Black Notes Seem a Little Bias towards their Landlords to me ............

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Then how come it's not on the same date every year?

It is. Easter is always on the Sunday following the first full moon to occur on or after the spring equinox.

Your white supremacy is showing. The Gregorian calendar you are using was developed by white guys. It's therefore evil and should be abolished.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I know when Easter is. And it's not on the same day each year because the full Moon does not occur the same number of days after the equinox each year.

So the date of the crucifixion is just as arbitrary as Christmas. And both are based on Pagan tradition, not historical fact.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sorry about that I was being partially sarcastic and partially pointing out that it is Easter.

As for Sheet Music it has a great long history.

Now this may not become a hit but for some reason this survived for over 1100 years.

Hmm, it survived at Cambridge rather than Oxford haha (sorry could not resist).

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   

This makes me absolutely effing furious. FFS will people step up, those in positions of authority, and slam this junk sociological witch hunt down to the dirt, where it belongs? It's absolute garbage! How on God's Green Earth have we come to this? Who the hell do these people think they are? Oh wait, in their own words the organisers are Marxist destabilisation agents, gunning for the destruction of Western democracy. FFS again, please just throw these idiots off-campus, make it illegal to 'cancel' or 'no platform' the white European cultural legacy. As if the African or Japanese culture is in any way more deserving than our own. ARGH!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I think the truth of the desired neo feudal globe, peopled by an ignorant servant class is becoming more and more clear.

What he said...

Combine this kind of crap with the devastation to the middle class small business owners during the pandemic, and you see that the whole master/slave system is indeed on the cards.

Is it time yet?

“Truth must use force, where deception has gained the upper hand”

- Anonymous

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The music will be preserved in Korea, Japan, Taiwan and other places that are not destroying themselves through collective insanity.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

The music will be preserved in Korea, Japan, Taiwan and other places that are not destroying themselves through collective insanity.

It will also be at Oxford. The story is bogus.

Stephen Rouse, head of university communications at Oxford, told The Associated Press that while the music faculty is planning to expand its music curriculum to broaden offerings, cutting sheet music is not part of the plan.

He added that many of the views the Telegraph article attributed to “professors” came from a single individual.

source

As pointed out here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/2/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nicorette

No but they are dying out through other thing's falling birth rates and while less damaging there toxic feminism (feminism is fine but when it seeks to go beyond equality it turn's toxic and has done so) has also and is also having an impact, woman are now seen as viable drones the corporations can use in there employee base replacing male workers whom are now less valuable, this is at the expense of family life and is causing irreparable damage to childhood's around the world were kid's no longer have there mom to come home too because by the time they are born she is usually much older than in the past and is usually at work while they are stuck in day centres.

So far more importantly than fearing the loss of our cultural heritage is the growing danger of the loss of our very cultures themselves and a new dark ages precipitated by a lack of birth's, fine for the elite in the short term but even they will face cataclysm as a result even if they do manage to perfect automated production and automated worker replacements as what affects the root's inevitably also affects the leaves on the highest branches of the tree.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Really? This could be looked up.

At the risk of taking my thread further off topic...
www.rd.com...

To keep the talk about music
www.jesuswalk.com...
www.godtube.com...
Alas, no sheet music.

Back on topic???

Should ask Oxford Uni as they invented the organ tuning system for easter hymns, published classical scores of hundreds of books containing original Easter hymns.

Oxford Organ tuning for hymns at eater

Oxford Uni original easter hymmns sheet music
[www.sheetmusicplus.com...]more[/url]

edit on 3-4-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

In honor and recognition of this masterpiece of pure stupidity, the likes of which would have evolution destroy any other organism, above and beyond the pale of even what the stupid thought was impossible, I have amended my signature (that link was old news anyway).

Believing in evolution or that the theory of evolution is a valid (testable) scientific theory or even hypothesis isn't all that much smarter.

“For those scientists who take it seriously, Darwinian evolution has functioned more as a philosophical belief system than as a testable scientific hypothesis. This quasi-religious function of the theory is, I think, what lies behind many of the extreme statements that you have doubtless encountered from some scientists opposing any critical analysis of neo-Darwinism in the classroom. It is also why many scientists make public statements about the theory that they would not defend privately to other scientists like me.”― Prof. James A. Shapiro, bacteriologist, University of Chicago, May 12th, 2005, an open letter to the Kansas State Board of Education.

I guess the same can be said about falling for stories that aren't actually true* (or have been spinned for a political purpose or agenda, pushing buttons):

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Nicorette

It will also be at Oxford. The story is bogus.

Stephen Rouse, head of university communications at Oxford, told The Associated Press that while the music faculty is planning to expand its music curriculum to broaden offerings, cutting sheet music is not part of the plan.

He added that many of the views the Telegraph article attributed to “professors” came from a single individual.

source

*: Well, when it's obvious from the start that is, I guess. The clue being the sheer stupidity of it all if it were true. When it's too stupid too believe, be skeptical. In spite of many on the left already demonstrating staggering amounts of stupidity, there's still a limit that can be deemed 'believable' I guess. The article in the OP crosses that limit.

Besides, I think in the UK the left hasn't quite reached the levels of stupidity and stupid 'woke' or 'PC' activism as the US yet. But that gut feeling might be wrong because the more extreme examples I've seen are more sparse.

To me, the hypocrisy of anti-racism and anti-white supremacy activism irks me more when they challenge every teaching they remotely deem racist or promoting white supremacy (or topple statues), but leave the biggest* promoters of racist philosophies and racist teachings, and the prime supposedly 'scientific' justification for racist ideologies (as well as the primary reason some fans at some sports events make monkey noises towards black players), out of the picture, or out of the discussion about racism and white supremacy (*: I actually mean most succesful or effective, having the biggest impact on human thinking and opinion):

They'll never topple his statues or busts or demand his teachings to be 'cancelled'. He's their hero of scientism. As are his fanboys in later decades:

Funny how the topic never comes up when people are talking about this behaviour:

Like we're not allowed to think about who started this idea, and thus whose teachings are the primary cause for that behaviour.
edit on 9-4-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join