It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Aware that Workers Allegedly pee in Water Bottles, Documents Show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes, Trump was right. Bezos is an Amazon.

Well, well, well. Shes back and doing good.............................................................. also:

Internal documents obtained by digital investigative news outlet The Intercept, and retweeted by New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, show that at least some Amazon management teams were aware of the fact that employees -- and in particular, delivery drivers -- were urinating in water bottles and defecating in bags as a result of not having enough time to use a restroom.

I will support that. The driver guy uses my 5' tall Azelia bushes behind the mailbox.

Amazon aware

Then this:

There’s widespread evidence, no matter what Amazon claims

Amazon is trying a new tactic in its endless PR battle against stories of its exhausting and exploitative working conditions: outright denial. It’s not working. When replying to a tweet from Rep. Mark Pocan (D-WI) complaining about the company’s union-busting tactics and the fact that some of its workers are forced to “urinate in water bottles,” Amazon’s official Twitter account responded: “You don’t really believe the peeing in bottles thing, do you? If that were true, nobody would work for us.” But people do believe these stories and for a very simple reason: there are numerous accounts of it happening, documented by employees and journalists around the world. Indeed, after Amazon sent out its ill-judged tweet, reporters who cover the company’s labor practices practically lined up to soak the firm with evidence. These included English journalist James Bloodworth, whose 2018 book Hired: Six Months Undercover in Low-Wage Britain documented his experience of low-paid work for companies including Amazon:

There is much out there in the public arena. ATS never reported out as Bezos was on Trumps hit list and anything Trump was against was NOT good for America according to the USA MSM.

So wheres CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, MSNBC.

Give credit where credit is due. At least AOC said something.
edit on 28-3-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 28-3-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 28-3-2021 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Trump hates Amazon.
Here's a tweet from 3 years ago:

I have stated my concerns with Amazon long before the Election. Unlike others, they pay little or no taxes to state & local governments, use our Postal System as their Delivery Boy (causing tremendous loss to the U.S.), and are putting many thousands of retailers out of business! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 29, 2018

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I could take my time to describe the fate that would befall Mr Bezos if I had my way, but it would be something of an extreme violation of terms of service and general human decency.

I just content myself to refusing to buy any products from them or subscribing to their worthless services.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
PRO TIP; With Amazon Prime, you get better urine-stained products quicker.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I could take my time to describe the fate that would befall Mr Bezos if I had my way, but it would be something of an extreme violation of terms of service and general human decency.

I just content myself to refusing to buy any products from them or subscribing to their worthless services.

Couldn't agree more.

Old mate Bozo is a freak, and running a company who's ultimate betrayal goal is to not employ anybody .....

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Are you saying I shouldn't have drunk all the free bottles of lime juice?
The driver said there was one for every order.

Ewwwwww.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Latest Amazon Book sales Best Seller's List has a new Book !!!

Yellow River
-by famous author I.P. Daley

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My wife hates that i have this skill on long road trips.
"That's not fair and gross, I'm not touching that!"

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
50 Yard To The Outhouse

written by Willie Makeit
idea by Betty Wont

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ya do what ya gotta do!
Not every town has a Sheetz!. A lot of places stopped allowing the public to use their restrooms because of Covid too!

A friend of my Mother’s had three boys. When they traveled to go see Grandma, there was no making unnecessary stops. They took empty plastic bottles along for the boys.

One time Grandma helped unload their car. “Mom, NO! That’s not dish soap!” 😳 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 🤦‍♀️

WOQ

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Of course Amazon is aware. Nobody can work all day without going bathroom.

I did deliveries as a part time, after a while, I had to shut down the app and go bathroom somewhere.

I don't understand why we need an investigation. Just ask to the drivers.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Agree Trueman. Like I wrote previously the Amazon Driver would do a stop and runaround behinds my 5' tall Azelia bushes by the mailbox.

I wasn't pissed because I knew. It also keeps the Deer away.

USA needs to shout out for Bezos to give his Billions back to America. This guy doing this stuff in 2021 is worse than the child labor employed around 1900's

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I’m not sure a kid shoved up a chimney would agree there mate.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

OK.

I'm glad I read the whole OP.

I took the headline in a completely different way and spit out my Poland Spring I just had delivered yesterday.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Of course you do realize that if Amazon went union then all of this would disappear. That's all this is.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
My wife hates that i have this skill on long road trips.
"That's not fair and gross, I'm not touching that!"

Having been an OTR trucker I can attest to the need for having such skills when it's impossible to find a decent restroom or safety doesn't permit pulling off the road. FTR I have received similar complaints from my wife. Not fair? Maybe but marriage was a package deal, remember?

I could see a dif title for this like "Amazon Prime Pissers" or "Workers Pissed at Bezos"
edit on 29-3-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have worked driving vans in the UK and pretty much everyone who does a similar job carries an empty milk jug or similar.
Employers don't schedule any time for you to go off route and find a loo, everyone knows this, yet suddenly everyone is surprised that drivers have to make other arrangements?

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Lime Juice seems to be OK. Its the other stuff called Mellow Yellow. Its bottled from California. It may also be bottled under the guise of some knock off drink called Mountain Pew as Meller Yeller.

The label will have a front porch scene with old washing machines and tires.

Keep yer eyes peeled.

Its all about Front Porch Logic
edit on 29-3-2021 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Poland Spring comes with it own minerals that it gathers from the water line pipes on the way to the bottling plant.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I have been on the road for years. I prefer use of a Gatorade plastic bottle. Less room for error and it compensates for bumpy roads.

I heard the Amazon drivers drink too much Red Bull.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join