It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Container ship stuck in the Suez Canal; may affect the cost of TOILET PAPER???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: Waterglass

What does an Egyptian shipping canal, have to do with Brazil? Or wood pulp? Or toilet paper in the United States?

Are we thinking Suez Canal is “Panama Canal”? Because they are not related lol

How many people do you think actually know the difference between the Suez Canal and the Panama Canal and where those places are ? 😃

Most people know that a back-up in one, reroutes all traffic into the other, causing constipation.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Lol the war for sh1t tickets is not over in the inner city can I expect one roll for $4 lolololol world is getting more and more bonkers since last November alright.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Freed...

Live:

edit on 29-3-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Here in AL, we are now getting pine from Sweden (HD), and Finland (Lowes). I can't wrap my head around what logic (and covid overreach) led to that.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Think about it...manufacturers like those for TP, food products, building supplies and many other sectors made TRILLIONS in profits from the Covid faux-crisis! They didn't have to lift a finger either. They cut their costs by laying people off, but in the process sold off every single bit of their back-stock inventory (something unheard of today), and increased their profit margins by doing...absolutely nothing!

Why wouldn't all these manufacturers want to keep that party going????? Almost no market sector has been left untouched. Just yesterday I was reading an article about the Disney entertainment empire. Places like Disney World are making record profits due to reduced operating costs (because of all the layoffs). Is it sustainable? Oh hell no! But that doesn't matter to them, only profits today matter.

Back to the TP thing, you can expect a non-stop stream of stories now about why there are "upcoming shortages". It drives panic-buying, which is exactly what manufacturers want. Will they add production capacity? Oh hell no! They'll say it's only temporary...while they roll around in their ill gained riches. As for things like TP, what's the incentive not to stock up? There isn't one! TP never goes bad, has no expiration date, and about the only restriction is it takes up space, but people don't care. They'll pack that spare bedroom from floor to ceiling with TP because...who wants to wipe their ass with their hand?

Just think about this for a moment! You're being played!

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

The current stash I have down in the basement next to the gun locker. Have 4 more cases upstairs where needed.

So I'm off to Giant Eagle grocery store to stock up just in case. 👍😁

Mousetraps of course?

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Learn to have a stockpile of rags to sterile wash & reuse? Best I can offer. Disposable stuff (even #wipe) is a crutch oftentimes. I cloth diapered my kids' butts for a reason -- disposable was nice, but the cloth was ALWAYS there.

But yeah, rip up some old cruddy t-shirts or something and repurpose them, and make a soak bucket (find the recipes yourselves, they're out there) Sterile wash every day/every other day max, and you're good. Issue solved, for those willing to do it.

Who wipes their ass anyway? Bidet baby. Bidet and warm air.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Wow. You got us beat. Were around 150 rolls all bought in bulk.

We use Scott's. Price bumped from $0.58 / per roll pre Covid-19 to $0.71 / per roll post Covid-19. That's buying in bulk at Sams or Walmart

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just think about this for a moment! You're being played!

You are correct but we don't run the show.

Nor are we going to build a plant for the neighborhood soon. Back in the day when my father built our home he told me to go into the woods and hang it over a fallen tree. OK. But having to use fresh Sugar Maple leaves didn't do it for me.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
I read somewhere that certain manufacturers are already biting the bullet and moving parts/products via air freight because of this mess. I believe it was SeaDoo if memory serves.

There are likely things of such low margin/low price that move through the canal in such large volumes that it would never, ever make sense to move said items around in the skies, and the prices will reflect this shipping crunch.

There are likely other things where demand is such that the price can be jacked up to warrant moving the goods via air freight, and once again, the prices will reflect the markup to switch transport methods (but maybe shortages can be avoided this way).

It cannot be repeated often enough that this is the logical conclusion to outsourcing everything to the quote-unquote GlobalSupplyChain and trusting your buddies in other nations to have their I's dotted and T's crossed, when it comes to logistics, manufacturing, raw materials, etc etc etc.

A frickin' boat getting stuck in the wrong place, and diverse other seemingly minute slip-ups, can bring large facets of the world's "supply chain" to a screeching halt.

30+ years ago we had a closed-loop system, or at least as near a closed loop syste as you could get, in the US when it came to manufacturing and supply chains. This closed loop system was unceremoniously punctured with a spike and left to drain out, and this is what we have now: a captain from country A crashed boat from country B into canal of country C and everybody everywhere will feel the burn.

And the Goodyear blimp flies again. Zeppelin air is here and there!

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Just install a bidet attachment on your john and get rid of the paper.

aloween.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It's grounded. Pull too much and the ship comes apart compounding the problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Now that I know about all of that toilet paper, you do know that I live close enough to stage a raid?

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Now that I know about all of that toilet paper, you do know that I live close enough to stage a raid?

Sure do

You know where Kennedy twp is I'm sure of it😊

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Yep. I'm in Butler.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Toilet paper is for amateurs.

We actually bought and installed this model ass-sprayer that is extremely well made during last years zombie-rush to stock up on TP.

Our toilet paper usage is down 90%, since I installed it in both bathrooms. Also we are behinds squeaky-clean from a butt blasting from heaven we've opted for washable hand towelettes for the dry-wipe.

No more smearing fecal matter around, and only fresh-washed asses in our home now.

edit on 30-3-2021 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Sorry but those things dry me arse out. Causes skin cracks and such. Pain is so great needs ointment So do tell what arse lube do you use?

I love it when someone has all the answers of the world. Yep, never discuss the "other" affects along with the bacteria already in the spigot.

Now you taken to talkin out yer.............................

edit on 31-3-2021 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Sorry but those things dry me arse out. Causes skin cracks and such. Pain is so great needs ointment So do tell what arse lube do you use?

sounds like you could use some of the left over,

i hear tell that most of the left would have rather been butt hurt than use the salve. that's why they kept on attacking him for 4 years and cheated in presidential election.

edit on 31-3-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Well golly. I will see if I can buy a 55 gallon drum along with a squegee

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
That's fine, there's always baby wipes

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join