It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Container ship stuck in the Suez Canal; may affect the cost of TOILET PAPER???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Bigburgh

Well, at least we have solved the mystery on ATS of where all the toilet paper went last year...

It's all in your basement.

Bwaaahahahahaaaa

Bought most of it back in October 2020 before the elections. Left them downstairs for a shortage emergency, and buy a new case 1-2 a month. Rice and beans as well. Not getting caught bare handed again.🤚👋🙌🚽
edit on 28-3-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I got 10 of them. They are just as soft as toilet paper and much more versatile. I also have a case of regular toilet paper. I think the problem is common sense. Honestly.

Because some of us have septic systems that simply will not handle shop towels.

I wouldn't even use those in my outhouse.

They take too long to break down.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Great, now they’re going after one’s ability to wipe their a$$. Stop the train......

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Some of that toilet paper is pretty rough....

May need to barter for some Witch-hazel because it's been hoarded. Stores in my area can't keep it on the shelves since the pandemic started. I know this pandemic is a major pain in the butt, but seriously.

Ask the store clerk if they plain to get more, his reply was that people are buying it for disinfectant purposes and it continues to be sold out.... a disinfectant 😕

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I can't believe you heathens still wipe your butts.
Take the Muslim shower pill.
I shall self-proclaim having the cleanest butt on ATS award.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Don't claim to be the cleanest, butt it's round..
😉
Will delete shortly as I'm unsure this selfie is t&c

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Sounds like world economics is too complex for you.

Apparently they didn't do well in geography either.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Bag them and burn them. It's a lot better than nothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Been there done that. Baby wipes.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I read somewhere that certain manufacturers are already biting the bullet and moving parts/products via air freight because of this mess. I believe it was SeaDoo if memory serves.

There are likely things of such low margin/low price that move through the canal in such large volumes that it would never, ever make sense to move said items around in the skies, and the prices will reflect this shipping crunch.

There are likely other things where demand is such that the price can be jacked up to warrant moving the goods via air freight, and once again, the prices will reflect the markup to switch transport methods (but maybe shortages can be avoided this way).

It cannot be repeated often enough that this is the logical conclusion to outsourcing everything to the quote-unquote GlobalSupplyChain and trusting your buddies in other nations to have their I's dotted and T's crossed, when it comes to logistics, manufacturing, raw materials, etc etc etc.

A frickin' boat getting stuck in the wrong place, and diverse other seemingly minute slip-ups, can bring large facets of the world's "supply chain" to a screeching halt.

30+ years ago we had a closed-loop system, or at least as near a closed loop syste as you could get, in the US when it came to manufacturing and supply chains. This closed loop system was unceremoniously punctured with a spike and left to drain out, and this is what we have now: a captain from country A crashed boat from country B into canal of country C and everybody everywhere will feel the burn.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Lumenari

Bag them and burn them. It's a lot better than nothing.

You have a valid point if you are living in a city...

Where I am at though, Mullein grows all over the place.

They call it Cowboy toilet paper here.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: Waterglass

What does an Egyptian shipping canal, have to do with Brazil? Or wood pulp? Or toilet paper in the United States?

Are we thinking Suez Canal is “Panama Canal”? Because they are not related lol

None of those questions matter at all because it's all about what the MSM makes 75% of the population think, see, and believe. 😃

How many people do you think actually know the difference between the Suez Canal and the Panama Canal and where those places are ? 😃

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Your Toilet paper has:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you insinuating that Suez Canal sounds like a rum from central America that's in Egypt and is not the central American canal in the song Panama by Van Halen?

Never have I thought that you could get the entire world supply of toilet paper crammed deep in a canal.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Supply chain disruption will mostly impact the EU but the globalists will certainly use the crisis to impact western minds.

Hardly an excuse, 10%~ of global sea shipping is effected. Going around the horn of Africa for the megaships can take an extra thirty days.

Logistics can be disrupted rather easy for short periods of time. Communities have a three day food supply in super markets, and the trucks are stretched thin to provide for them given the driver shortage.

Parcel companies have proved an increase in demand can have lasting impact. You can't just change the infrastructure over night.

Now, luckily North America will be insulated a bit more than others, but I'm sure we'll see some reverb. Hell, the Texas ice storm is still impacting some industries.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

One thing, a ship coming to the US from Brazil doesn't use thr Suez Canal.

actually i'm thinking there isn't anywhere that a ship leaving brazil with a load of pulp would have to go through the canal.

but just to be on the safe side, after reading this thread this afternoon went to wally world and bought 76 mega rolls of angel soft. you know the ones that ones where 6 rolls make 24 regular rolls, no bare handing and wipe on the walls for me.
edit on 28-3-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you insinuating that Suez Canal sounds like a rum from central America that's in Egypt and is not the central American canal in the song Panama by Van Halen?

Never have I thought that you could get the entire world supply of toilet paper crammed deep in a canal.

~BB~

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

If only Colin Powell was still Secretary of State.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
My first solution to this crisis, (that hasn't happened yet)? ... Would be, to study history,.. ("educate myself") on? .. How did "humanity" live, without "toilet paper"?.. Some deep "education" and "science",.. I'm sure.
It's not really all that bad!.. Democrats still "print",.. everything!... They're kinda like the o'l NAZIS...
They just can't help themselves!

OP,...Toilet paper?... I'm going to laugh, just because I think that was,it.
edit on 29-3-2021 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 12:39 AM
link   
"Prepare to defend, your T-shirt sleeves"!..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join