It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Container ship stuck in the Suez Canal; may affect the cost of TOILET PAPER???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Someone on another thread wrote that the container ship stuck in the Canal; will affect the cost of TOILET PAPER?

Read on as our world is just full of sheet.

Toilet paper shortage possible amid shipping container crisis, suppliers report

This entire issue is nonsense. Oh I believe it but they entire value stream is unnecessary and messed up. NO business would ever be structured like this. Its a game.

A company in Brazil called Suzano is the world’s biggest producer of wood pulp, which is the raw material used in toilet paper.

A company in Brazil called Suzano is the world’s biggest producer of wood pulp, which is the raw material used in toilet paper. Suzano primarily ships its pulp in cargo vessels known as break bulk. "With demand surging for ships that carry ribbed steel containers, the squeeze is starting to spill over to break bulk and threatens to delay the company’s shipments," CEO Walter Schalka said in an interview to Bloomberg.

Jesus H .......... So really, the USA has to buy wood pulp from Brazil to make toilet paper? What pine trees aren't good enough or too acidic? So here in the Southern part of the USA we clear cut and deforest to make wood pellets for Europe so they can meet CO2 targets? That after expending the CO2 on the fuel for the boat, gas for the saw and trucks and much much more.

Just who runs this world. Its ass backwards. Probably the same jerks now pushing CO2 reduction.

Really?

Sounds to me like some strange game. So how did this come to light. Yes, the stuck boat in the Canal. The spin now is on toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sounds like world economics is too complex for you.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
When the Suez Canal was shut down for 7 years, people began recycling toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

roducer of wood pulp, which is the raw material used in toilet paper.[/url]
Jesus H .......... So really, the USA has to buy wood pulp from Brazil to make toilet paper? What pine trees aren't good enough or too acidic? So here in the Southern part of the USA we clear cut and deforest to make wood pellets for Europe so they can meet CO2 targets? That after expending the CO2 on the fuel for the boat, gas for the saw and trucks and much much more.

Just who runs this world. Its ass backwards. Probably the same jerks now pushing CO2 reduction.

The environmental clowns have made it cheaper and easier to buy wood pulp from Brazil than to make it here. One thing, a ship coming to the US from Brazil doesn't use thr Suez Canal.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Learn to have a stockpile of rags to sterile wash & reuse? Best I can offer. Disposable stuff (even #wipe) is a crutch oftentimes. I cloth diapered my kids' butts for a reason -- disposable was nice, but the cloth was ALWAYS there.

But yeah, rip up some old cruddy t-shirts or something and repurpose them, and make a soak bucket (find the recipes yourselves, they're out there) Sterile wash every day/every other day max, and you're good. Issue solved, for those willing to do it.
edit on 3/28/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The current stash I have down in the basement next to the gun locker. Have 4 more cases upstairs where needed.

So I'm off to Giant Eagle grocery store to stock up just in case. 👍😁

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

The environmental clowns have made it cheaper and easier to buy wood pulp from Brazil than to make it here. One thing, a ship coming to the US from Brazil doesn't use thr Suez Canal.

The Democrat MSM will have millions believing it does any time now 😎

They'll have pictures and testimonies to prove it too 😎

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

The environmental clowns have....

Made it very expensive to purchase a new liner for the pool from Alpine Pools on route 8, as they relied on the now closed pipeline for crude in order to make the pool liner from their supplier I need. By about $5000 more, I was told they have cheaper liners from overseas. And to complicate matters, they are short staffed due to Covid19....

World is getting screwed from every angle.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Excellent catch

Then again maybe they take the pretty route to add costs to pass onto the consumer.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nothing suspicious here, just a boat that plotted a giant penis and testicles on the gps chart, then turned sideways in a canal.

Not very normal. I've seen pilots do it, but never a giant cargo boat.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

That’s it right there. I get that there are some weird shipping routes, but it shouldn’t have to circle the globe to just go north....and there has to be more places that supply wood pulp, there’s a lot of butts to wipe in the world

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Supply chain disruption will mostly impact the EU but the globalists will certainly use the crisis to impact western minds.

But, just in case I made a trip to Costco...

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Well, at least we have solved the mystery on ATS of where all the toilet paper went last year...

It's all in your basement.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Nothing suspicious here, just a boat that plotted a giant penis and testicles on the gps chart, then turned sideways in a canal.

Not very normal. I've seen pilots do it, but never a giant cargo boat.

You mean the boat that uses both Hillary's initials as a call sign, and is owned by a company called by her Secret Service code name. I agree. Nothing to see here. Oh, I think you forgot to mention the butt pattern right in front of the penis and testicles.......

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Great, if Shillary is involved, it's probably full of 27 year olds.
..that 20 parents would probably appreciate getting back.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't understand why they don't just hook a few tugboats together and yank it out.
Those things create massive power.
I often see just one push massive barges upstream quickly in the river here.
They sound like they are idling.
Sounds like they don't want it unstuck.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Has Doctor Evil returned from Space as in the Austin Powers movies?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I have a buddy of mine in Chicago that comes down and brings me rolls of these shop towels. The JUMBO rolls.

I got 10 of them. They are just as soft as toilet paper and much more versatile. I also have a case of regular toilet paper. I think the problem is common sense. Honestly. Everyone has been groomed to have to have the Charmin Ultra Deluxe Baby Soft Perfumed Non Allergenic In Matching Colors For Your Bathroom Decor that they don't even think that an old T shirt will work just as well and you can actually re use it.

edit on 28-3-2021 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2021 by DAVID64 because: spelling is hard...so is math

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

The current stash I have down in the basement next to the gun locker. Have 4 more cases upstairs where needed.

So I'm off to Giant Eagle grocery store to stock up just in case. 👍😁

You, sir, are officially very wealthy. That is a LOT of post-apocalyptic trade money in those packages!

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What does an Egyptian shipping canal, have to do with Brazil? Or wood pulp? Or toilet paper in the United States?

Are we thinking Suez Canal is “Panama Canal”? Because they are not related lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join