It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stuck boats and the start of a new middle eastern conflict

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So this huge super ship got stuck some how in the Suez canal, I believe that it wasn't an accident.

It seems the first thing they would do is take off all the cargo and any extra weight they can to make it possible with tugs to get unstuck.

if it cant be moved they will have to dismantle it right there if it is infact unmovable, and that would take a good amount of time to block such a vital route of commerce and travel

Various ME states have been saying for years they would do something like this or just restrict passage, these huge boats take ALONG time to make any big course adjustments and its not like the Suez canal is know for its rough passage so it should have been no problem

It would be interesting to see if there is any satellite data to show the boats journey in real time to see if there were any other boats(like tugs) to make sure it was on a course and heading to get stuck.

if it was done by some state actor than this might be one of the first signs of a new conflict.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who thinks this is fishy

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I can’t figure out why they haven’t just pumped out the ballast tanks and been able to push it loose.
The longer this takes the more fishy it seems.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well they are reporting here in the Burgh that this ship is carrying the worlds supply of toilet paper and to expect delays and prices of Toilet paper to go up. Not even joking...

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They were planing on damming off and flooding the canal enough to get it loose. There was video of a tiny backhoe trying to dig the front of the ship out.... the backhoe kept gauging the hull. SMH😑

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm thinking it may break in two or capsize. Either way, spilling its cargo of 20,000 shipping containers and blocking the canal for weeks if not months.

Thats what I would have done if I were to block the canal...
edit on 3/28/2021 by NightFlight because: spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

It seems the first thing they would do is take off all the cargo and any extra weight they can to make it possible with tugs to get unstuck.

That would actually be the last thing they would do.

Loading and unloading containers is a surprisingly delicate operation. Still today it is so so important to get and keep the balance just right, and that is not as easy as you'd think especially given the different weight of the loaded containers.

With no proper equipment available where the ship is stuck, it would be so hazardous to unload the ship that it would, I think, be considered a last resort option.

edit on 28-3-2021 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

If I wanted it blocked I would have done this exact thing but sunk the ship.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Short Lil vid I watched on Y T this morning was saying the boat sits some 15 meters below the water line. At this point with the moving around and attempts to dislodge have buried the front horn of the boat or one third on land now.

Link to short vid HERE

Looks like a lot of dredging to come as far as my opinion of the future moves to make

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
wrong thread.
edit on 28-3-2021 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Well, the canal was closed for eight YEARS after the '67 war.

So while something like this would be hugely provocative if determined it was a deliberate act, it is not as if the world has not had to adjust to a Suez Canal closure before. I am actually surprised the big movers and shakers let the Egyptians get away with keeping the canal closed that long back then.

But you may be onto something. The ME feels like pieces are being moved into position for another of the periodic conflicts. Whether a closure of the canal will be a significant part of that remains to be seen.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It will take time to unload 20,000 shipping containers with out access to cranes or somewhere to put them.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Sinking it would probably have left it in line with the course of the canal and re-floatable through airbags. This is looking more and more long term. Stuck on a rock, allegedly, so dredging won't cure it. The possibility of breaking in the middle and having to be completely dismantled. No crane or unloading area. May be quicker to dig a diversion for smaller vessels.

Shortages of goods leads to greater profits for the money masters. I suspect this was the threatened cyber attack which will eventually cause more problems for the plebs than the covid dance.

The phallic graffiti suggests a fifteen year old hacker could have done it. If I was a fifteen year old hacker I'd be praying they don't choose me as the fall guy.

After this it entered the canal, moved to one side, accelerated, then swerved across to the other side and grounded firmly.

edit on 28 3 2021 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 28 3 2021 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
It will take time to unload 20,000 shipping containers with out access to cranes or somewhere to put them.

They'll sink into the desert sands, never to be seen again ... only somewhat kidding.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It does seem kind of odd doesn't it? Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking there might be more to this incident. Only problem with this CT is, if I'm not mistaken the ship and/or its cargo is Japanese, and the Japanese don't really have any reason to block the canal.

I thought about removing the containers also, but if you look carefully at the way it's stuck, removing the containers would actually be quite difficult. Those containers weigh up to 15-20 tons each, and getting a crane big enough to reach out there far enough to get containers that heavy would be one helluva BIG crane! They'd almost have better luck trying to build a big bridge crane attached to the ship on one end and the shore on the other to do it.

I guess the ship has moved "some" according to the most recent story I've read, but it's not a lot. One story I read said that the forward 1/3rd of the ship is actually aground which is a lot more than what the pictures make it seem.

Seems to me the best and fastest way to remove this thing is to cut the forward section of the ship off and then pull the stern backwards. They could use a cutting device like what they used on the Russian submarine Kursk. It's like a big cable cutter system. Then they could just cut the forward section into pieces from shore while the canal is open for shipping further out from the bank.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Kester, I wonder if anyone has watched that track simultaneously with the tracks of nearby ships and boats. One thinks if such a large ship was cutting wide circles in the water for no obvious reason, that the other ships would have taken evasive action.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeah, but the shipping traffic through the canal is like 50,000% higher (or some crazy number like that) more than it was in 1967. I saw the actual stat yesterday, but don't remember the number; it was huge though.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

A consequence of globalist policies, I'll wager. Why grow your own apples when the ones from New Zealand are sold in the store? The colossal stupidity of the economics is staggering. One cork in the canal makes that clear.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
I've been wondering about the other vessel's courses. It seems certain the graffiti is real.

Vesselfinder.com spokesperson Mihail Mitev confirmed to VICE News that the ship tracking data was accurate, saying "there is no room for some kind of conspiracies or false data.”

www.jpost.com...enis-in-the-water-before-blocking-suez-canal-663379

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
the worlds supply of toilet paper I guess the ship from the plant a hundred miles away around the world or directly to your doorstep.

I think I started the toilet paper rumor.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

No its not fishy there is millions of dollars setting on that ship the last thing they want is to get it stuck. Its the design of the super ships that is the problem this thing is bigger then an aircraft carrier. But the problem is the design wind can have a huge effect on these container ships becuse how much surface area they present to the sides. if the tugs and the bridge crew dont bring their a game you end up getting stuck. Its very common with these huge container ships happens about 1 a week just not normally in the middle of a canal. As far as removing it there isnt a good option and everyday the canal is blocked costs 400 million, The ony thing i can think of is start bulding another canal because likely they will have to dam this part and flood the area.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join