It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nashville TN hit with major flooding, multiple water rescues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Been listening to fire rescue scanner the past couple of hours, lots of flooding west and south Nashville area. Multiple water rescues, apartment buildings, businesses and houses flooded

fox17.com... nessee

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — CURRENT WARNINGS, WATCHES & ALERTS:

Flash Flood Emergency issued for Davidson, Williamson, Wilson counties until 4:30 a.m.

Flash Flood Warning continues for Davidson, Rutherford, Wilson through 9 a.m.

www.broadcastify.com...

A "dangerous flash flood situation is unfolding across Tennessee overnight," according to the National Weather Prediction Center.

Hourly rainfall totals reached 2-3 inches south and east of Nashville. Totals from the last 24 hours have reached 5 to 8 inches in places, according to the National Weather Service.

Heavy rainfall was expected to persist for a few hours after midnight.

The NWS issued a flash flood emergency for Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood and Mt. Juliet in effect until 4:30 a.m.

Residents should move immediately to higher ground and avoid walking or driving through flood waters.

"Major flash flooding is occurring with numerous roads, interstates, and homes flooded with water rescues ongoing! Please stay home and do not travel!" the weather service said in a tweet.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yep, it was epic. I’m just on the outskirts of Cookeville and my ‘dry creek’ is a raging river.

Not sure if can even get out yet.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: putnam6

Yep, it was epic. I’m just on the outskirts of Cookeville and my ‘dry creek’ is a raging river.

Not sure if can even get out yet.

I know the area it's a beautiful country up there, Tennessee is a hidden gem in someways. Hope everybody stays safe.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I work in Davidson county. I got hit with a quick storm, and briefly a bit of hail.

I live in Rutherford county, and it wasn't that bad; It could have been worse.

new topics

top topics

join