It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran chooses to be China's Vassal for 25 years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Looks like I touched a nerve lol.

Yes, jingoists posturing without a clue what they're talking about often gets me like that.

"Iran is no country's lapdog." I guess that remains to be seen.

How long are you planning to hang about for?

Iran and China are both about 3,500 years old. The way things are looking now the US would be lucky to see its 300th anniversary.

just because people have a different opinion than yours, doesn't mean you have to insult them

But it's quite okay for you to insult others, is it? 'Lapdogs' and so on? Why? Because nukes?

Take a hike.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
big deal europe is US vassal for eternaty... the so called marshall aid haha ... where the nazi's stopped the usa went further ..

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

You sound angry now.
Tell me how I'm a jingoist btw.
I'm not here beating the war drum for America. I'm pointing out the obvious fact that adversaries allying against us may not be as friendly with each other as it appears.
Marriages of convenience are a thing.

I don't know what "and so on" refers to, but it has nothing to do with hubris about the most destructive power mankind has wrought.
But please do go on being presumptuous.

"How long are you planning to hang about for?
Iran and China are both about 3,500 years old. The way things are looking now the US would be lucky to see its 300th anniversary."

What relevance does any of that have to my statement. A lot can happen in a short period of time. Considering this is Iran and China, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone backstabbed here.
However long they have existed is irrelevant as is the U.S.' tenure.

My snark at the decision of Iran isn't personal, it's business. I harbor no ill will towards the people of Iran nor China. Just their governments.
And in this context, it does seem that no matter what, China will have the upper hand on Iran should things go sour. Or is that not a fact?

I think it's more your obvious Anti -American stance than anything I said that tripped your trigger.
Bet you won't admit it though.
Nice try, but maybe you should get lost.
This is my thread.

edit on 16Sun, 28 Mar 2021 16:45:16 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoSundayb20213America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Fighting terror

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Both Iran and China are ancient and both have abysmal human rights records. Chinese believe that if their trickery deceives you that just proves they are smarter then you, not devious and less moral, furthermore they have no difficulty accepting that as perfectly normal.
So if I understand correctly human rights and free speech are new concepts to these two countries, is this why proponents of these philosophies are hated?
Apparently not only is the possibility of deception nigh inevitable it is also condoned by ancient practice and custom.
Interesting indeed.
I’m not sure I agree with your attempt to silence opposition by claiming authorship of a thread and telling peeps who disagree to scram.
I don’t think that attitude will facilitate a very broad perspective or analysis of the situation particularly when the topic of the ME is quite polarising.

edit on 28-3-2021 by Dalamax because: Cause all good posts (and all of mine) need editing.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

"I’m not sure you should silence opposition by claiming authorship of a thread and telling peeps who disagree to scram."

This...

"Nice try, but maybe you should get lost.
This is my thread."

Was in retort to this...

"Take a hike."

Who is silencing anyone?
Im not literally trying to kick them out of the thread.
But more so, why tell me to take a hike in a thread I started? That person could just, you know, go to another thread as well.
I didn't think I'd have to imply inference.
It's cool though, it seems this thread died anyhow.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Iran and China are both about 3,500 years old. The way things are looking now the US would be lucky to see its 300th anniversary.

china might be that old as a continuous state/ name, iran hasn't, in fact until the mid 20th century 1935 if i recall correctly. before that it was known as persia.

neither one has had a continuous government as long as the U.S has. each at one point has had another county in control of it. plus there is a big difference in the way governments of the native/ insidious people did things after regaining control. the U.S. has been the same from it's founding in 1776.

the longest continuous government ever ( could be wrong, pretty sure though) in the world was Republic of Venice was lasted 1100 years, from 697 to 1797.

edit on 28-3-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ah! Cool. My mistake and apologies. Thank you for showing me your reasoning.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join