It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Housing Moratorium Extention

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Wanting things *fixed* isn’t a reason to call someone lousy.

That part was meant to be sarcasm. I'm bright enough to know that maintaining one's property is a good idea.
I've had a few really lousy tenants. And one good one. My brother in law, at the time, in case he reads this.
edit on 3/28/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

The same land lords that are getting stiffed by the crooked renters, are getting fined for the renters actions.

Ah those crooked renters! There’s a simple solution for landlords, don’t invest in property and expect renters to pay your mortgage and profit on top in the first place!

Let’s face it landlords are only in in it to make money, you want to blame anyone blame the government and banks that caused this mess.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

People like you are the issue in this country, you ride on your high horse.......you neglect anyone that doesn’t think like you; you look down on everyone else, and ignore the hard work that goes into giving you what you have... Just because (as a SAG actor lol) you get paid ridiculous amounts of money, doesn’t mean you know how to actually *create* anything worth using... lol but want “the best” at the cheapest possible cost, while you charge an ungodly amount of money to produce a “COVID-19” destroys families film......

Not just your country, the whole world pretty much. We have been living in the century of self(see the Adam Curtis doc on YouTube for free) and either people snap out of that mentality or we are doomed.

“People are constantly clinging to what they already have, and constantly striving for what they desire to have. Between the two, they are crushed.”

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yeah yeah..

When I spent $30k having all the drywall ripped off the walls because a tenant was cooking meth inside, the first thing I thought was empathy.

People like yourself love to claim the moral high ground but in reality some day you will fall off that pedestal you put yourself on.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.yahoo.com...

Housing advocates are confident the ban, due to expire March 31, will be extended for several months and possibly even strengthened.

Not everyone supports keeping the moratorium in place. Landlords in several states have sued to scrap the order, arguing it was causing them financial hardship and infringing on their property rights.

There are at least six prominent lawsuits challenging the authority of the CDC ban

This is NUTS...
I really feel bad for any small time landlords.
If the government wants to provide free housing that is one issue, forcing private citizens to bear the brunt is unethical.
I know where this is going. They do not want small landlords.
The true way to wealth for a lot of regular people, has been real estate.
They are slowly getting elbowed out of the way.

As I understand it, a debt is still a debt, and that anybody who defaults on their rent is still liable for that rent and will be so until they pay off their debts.

It won't help small landlords in the short term, but they should get paid eventually, and they should still have the right to use things like bailiffs to recover the debt once things settle down.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

The same land lords that are getting stiffed by the crooked renters, are getting fined for the renters actions.

Ah those crooked renters! There’s a simple solution for landlords, don’t invest in property and expect renters to pay your mortgage and profit on top in the first place!

Let’s face it landlords are only in in it to make money, you want to blame anyone blame the government and banks that caused this mess.

Not everyone is a slumlord. Buying a house and renting it out is an investment, and not a small one I may add. Of course they're in it to make money. They like doing things like eating and paying their own bills.

I think that it should also be noted that in today's economy a lot of people simply can't afford to buy a house because they can't get a mortgage or can't raise a deposit (Where I live, you're looking at 8 times salary as a minimum, plus deposit) so a lot of people depend on renting from small landlords. If you take them out of the equation you are left with a lot of empty properties and a lot of people who can't afford a place of their own.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

It won't help small landlords in the short term, but they should get paid eventually, and they should still have the right to use things like bailiffs to recover the debt once things settle down.

Where does the money come from if your tenants are broke and refuse to work?

The normal system would let landlords evict and cut their losses, now they are just prolonging the pain. (for the landlord)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Of course a landlord wants to make money.
Why the hell would you want to be a landlord otherwise?

How would you feel if your employer says.. I just don't have the money this month?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

www.yahoo.com...

Housing advocates are confident the ban, due to expire March 31, will be extended for several months and possibly even strengthened.

Not everyone supports keeping the moratorium in place. Landlords in several states have sued to scrap the order, arguing it was causing them financial hardship and infringing on their property rights.

There are at least six prominent lawsuits challenging the authority of the CDC ban

This is NUTS...
If the government wants to provide free housing that is one issue, forcing private citizens to bear the brunt is unethical.

As I understand it, a debt is still a debt, and that anybody who defaults on their rent is still liable for that rent and will be so until they pay off their debts.

Ever heard of filing bankruptcy?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

www.yahoo.com...

This is NUTS...

Ever heard of filing bankruptcy?

What’s that old saying?
Getting blood from a turnip..

I do a pretty extensive background search on my renters before I let them sign a lease.
A bankruptcy is a big red flag.
The filing is public record so it’s pretty easy to see if they filed for medical bills or credit card debt.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I kept rent exactly at the mortgage which was 450 below market value for a house the size I was renting not only was she thousands behind when I finally said I cant afford it any more and put the house on the market she left thousands more in clean up and repair costs.

I strongly suggest you experience the world before making sweeping generalizations, many small time landlords are like me had to move for work in my case military.
edit on 28-3-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Generally, a reason that tenants are tenants and not owners.

Sometimes, that reason will be a valid one, but at other times, they'll be renters simply because they tend of make poor choices with their money consistently over time trapping them in rentals and that bodes poorly for their ability to act responsibly in this situation.

edit on 28-3-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

a reply to: AaarghZombies

Where does the money come from if your tenants are broke and refuse to work?

The normal system would let landlords evict and cut their losses, now they are just prolonging the pain. (for the landlord)

And there are also those people who maybe could have made the rent, but saw "moratorium" and decided that they would rather spend that money on other things for whatever reason. It's by no means all of them or even maybe a large number of them, but I know those people exist.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Obvious politics because instead of victimizing the owners, the rents should be classified into temporary Sec 8 bundles 😎

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Of course a landlord wants to make money.
Why the hell would you want to be a landlord otherwise?

How would you feel if your employer says.. I just don't have the money this month?

Yeah but when everyone with any savings or equity to gain a buy to let mortgage starts investing in property the house prices go up, making them unaffordable for first time buyers generally.I struggled to get a mortgage myself for over 10 years because I couldn’t afford the deposit. The thing is if I had a mortgage on the property I was renting, the mortgage repayments would have been less than my rent. Yet the banks wouldn’t lend after they helped create the housing bubble in the first place.

I gave 44 grand in rent to two landlords who would just bodge any jobs that needed doing, they generally don’t care about the properties they own, homes and people living in them are just assets.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yea, maybe they should not profit from their own risks to assuage your moral superiority.

Nothing is free cupcake.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I kept rent exactly at the mortgage which was 450 below market value for a house the size I was renting not only was she thousands behind when I finally said I cant afford it any more and put the house on the market she left thousands more in clean up and repair costs.

I strongly suggest you experience the world before making sweeping generalizations, many small time landlords are like me had to move for work in my case military.

Are you kidding? I’m probably older than you are, you know you can evict a tenant if they don’t keep up with rent payments right? You can check on the property to make sure the tenant is looking after it properly, and again evict them if not.

I rented myself and had to sign an assured 6 month tenancy agreement and leave a deposit which I wouldn’t get back if I damaged anything.

As I’ve already said nobody is forcing anyone to become landlords, and if less people did so the house prices would become affordable and people that need somewhere to live could buy rather than rent.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Not right now you cant, the only reason we were able to get her out is the lease was up and we refused to resign so we could put it on the market.

We were trying to help someone out, the daughter of a long time neighbor and it screwed us, the only way to keep rent low was to do a direct lease rather than through a management company and again we took it in the shorts.

This moratorium is killing people that were not renting for profit.
edit on 28-3-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There's also going to be a huge issue with student loans too.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There’s going to be a huge issue with the worlds entire economy after what governments have implemented globally in lockstep.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join