It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out this poster with 170 plus Stephen King stories references

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Found this on Reddit thought it was pretty interesting for our SK fans, Jordan Monsell created this poster with over 170 Stephen kind references. Now I realize how little I remember though I did get the Gray Matter and Battle Ground and lots more. But there were loads I didn't get.Isn't the bear from Drawing of the 3 or am I mistaken?

Hi Res Pic

The Answers
edit on 27-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Similar art style to those murals at Denver airport. Does this mean Stephen King is Illuminati?

Has a few gems in his catalogue of novels. I've read Misery and The Shining.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Nice to see the original short story of the "Lawnmower Man" and not the movie

Love this! Thanks for sharing this

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

In the middle of rereading Night Shift Lawnmower Man was off the walls weird but that what makes King a fun read most times.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

In the middle of rereading Night Shift Lawnmower Man was off the walls weird but that what makes King a fun read most times.

Night Shift was the book alright

Now, what is #158 and where's the answer?😆 they playing some sort of Tom Foolery?

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yea they mentioned that on Reddit the consensus was Tommyknockers

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is cool,loads of detail!
I can recognise maybe 20ish but I haven't read all his books.Even the small things are from his books like:The pie from thinner,the cell phone in blood from "cell"

Some obvious classics:IT,Cujo,Tommyknockers,the Stand.
Some more recent stuff-Under the dome,Revival,the mist,dark tower.

Some stinkers-the langoliers,Maximum Overdrive!

I notice more each time I look-but there is still more I can't recognise.

Aha thanks for the cheat sheet,I didn't know about that.

edit on 27/3/2021 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hell I thought the Gazebo was from the Dead Zone but it's paired with You know they got a helluva a Band which I've never heard of.

Did find the Girl who loved Tom Gordon and Apt Pupil the Boogeyman

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Putnam6 provided it🤗👍

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The resolution on this picture is crazy wow. Zooming in the rats tail in the upper left spells "doyoulove?"

you can even make out the headline of the newspaper the boy next to cujo at the bottom middle is holding looks like "Hitler seizes control of Austria"

The road sign reading Derry and castle rock. Loads of stuff in this mural thanks for sharing.

edit on 27-3-2021 by SuicideKing33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2021 by SuicideKing33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
The resolution on this picture is crazy wow. Zooming in the rats tail in the upper left spells "doyoulove?"

you can even make out the headline of the newspaper the boy next to cujo at the bottom middle is holding looks like "Hitler seizes control of Austria"

The road sign reading Derry and castle rock. Loads of stuff in this mural thanks for sharing.

Yea it's wild I thought I knew alot of Kings stuff but I don't get the reference of the rat's tail the rat maybe from Graveyard Shift but the tail no idea the paper may be from the Dead Zone wasn't the Doctors mother from Austria?

Hell, I'm still finding stuff "Justice for Ben Richards" that went over my head all-day then I remembered The Running Man.

Right below the baseball glove falling out of the sky, there are clouds that look like a trumpet, and I'm not sure of either reference and I'm trying not to cheat LOL the baseball glove might be Blockade Billy? but got no idea on the trumpet in the clouds

the Cessna is Night Flyer and the jet is the Langoliers but I'm stumped on way more than I thought I would be

edit on 27-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   

That's really cool. Thanks for posting this.

I wonder why they didn't include King himself in there somewhere. His actual house is there, but I can't seem find him anywhere.

I see that the title I know (from TV mini-series & movies) isn't always the same as the original title of the book or short story. #157 is from the short story 'Weeds', but to me it is from King's character in 'Creepshow' (segment 'The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill')

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Hell I thought the Gazebo was from the Dead Zone but it's paired with You know they got a helluva a Band which I've never heard of.

'You Know They Got a Hell of a Band' is one of the episodes from
'Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King' (2006) Episode List.

But I agree, that gazebo looks like 'The Dead Zone' to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

That's really cool. Thanks for posting this.

I wonder why they didn't include King himself in there somewhere. His actual house is there, but I can't seem find him anywhere.

I see that the title I know (from TV mini-series & movies) isn't always the same as the original title of the book or short story. #157 is from the short story 'Weeds', but to me it is from King's character in 'Creepshow' (segment 'The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill')

That's what I thought as well

new topics

top topics

join