It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Appologies to Staff and Admins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I authored this thread yesterday, which itself was a re-post of a question relating to why my signature had been changed (seemingly without notice) several times. Admittedly I was feeling a bit angry at the time, because posts, and even profile settings of mine were changing, but there seemed to be no explanation given for the changes.

It was only after Don'tTreadOnMe closed the linked thread and requested that I check my PM that things started making sense.

"PMs" I thought. Huh? Whenever I log in, at my account landing page, I've never once seen the presence of a PM. The text always reads something to the effect of "you have 0 private messages".

It was only after I went to the message area that it seemed like the curtains had been lifted.

Applause, what is that?
Oh, post warnings, yes I could see how a few of my opinions might've rubbed people the wrong way.
Messages from members I hadn't known about.
Ah, here are the explanations for why my GPG fingerprints was taken down.

So ultimately, since I now at least see the staff had given an explanation for why my signature was changed, the sensation of being locked in a dark room (when it comes to staff decisions) has been lifted.

I do disagree with the decision for why the signatures were changed, but as I see that staff did take the time and courtesy to explain their actions (via PMs I hadn't known about till yesterday), I'm happy to abide by their actions, and work to change opinions the right way, through persuasion and dialog.

So I'm sorry for ignoring or not acknowledging any comms sent to me through PMs. I now know that "you have 0 private messages" means to check your private messages anyways.

edit on 27-3-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yes, that log-in page is a comparatively new feature, in terms of ATS history, , and the facility to count the number of new private messages was evidently never activated.

There used to be a ribbon announcing new messages, which some people found annoying and intrusive. Then it was replaced by the lighting up of the message icon; but this did not make itself obvious if you did not know what it signified.

Now the icon doesn't light up either (perhaps as an accidental side-effect of some other change), so checking for messages routinely is good policy.

edit on 27-3-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Yes. The one thing I hope changes is that it will be easier to recognize when one has mail.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I have a feeling that this may be a trap but ...

are you going to share why it was taken down, if only to stop others making the same mistake?

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Yes, checking for messages routinely is good policy.

That's very true, for several reasons. Not the least of which is to find out when ATS is close to suspending your account for being naughty.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

It's a good thing you noticed that, instead of just walking away thinking you were being ignored.

I'm pretty sure that page does the same thing with replies too. I always just go there and click 'replies' even though it says 'You have no replies'. Sometimes I have some. Sometimes I don't.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've missed messages for months because there's no indicator showing I have any. I rarely remember to even check

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I have a feeling that this may be a trap but ...

are you going to share why it was taken down, if only to stop others making the same mistake?

All interactions between Staff and members are private and never discussed in public.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join