It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C02? In 4,000 BCE, Climate Change led to Increasing Desertification, Which Contributed to Migrations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
In my opinion yes, we need to change but the extreme CO2 agenda as pushed upon us is unnecessary.

Ancient Africa Before 1800 CE

So, CO2 increase is and MAN made? Then what went on in Africa back in 4000 BCE? Too many camp fires?

First of all I applaud the world in the attempt to sequester CO2 whether it’s a made up theory or actually true danger. As a world we need to constantly change and reinvent ourselves in order to survive. Yes, our world is too polluted and it can be fixed. Regardless of those screaming politicians and young children we are NOT going to die as all of the fixes are available to get CO2 under control today

They just don't tell you about it.

My purpose of this thread is NOT to educate you on what’s available. Nor is it to debate whether climate change is real as it is. Manmade? I highly doubt it but we still need to deal with it and the best means available and that is CO2 by reduction as our scientists only know what they know and it really isn’t much.

I only a posted the title header for you to understand as to what causes Climate Change. It’s natural and assisted by Man. Of course it is.

This thread was to educate all on that Climate Change is a natural occurrence. It’s also meant to control those screamers who have turned it into a global money grab.

So here we go. Educate yourself as this site claims to Deny Ignorance. So in brief just read for yourself, get up to speed and become educated on the topic so you can’t be bullied by some inconvenient truth guy and the rest of the radicals in government and many others out there.

Early Civilizations Throughout humanity’s prehistory, Africa had no nation-states and was instead inhabited by groups of hunter-gatherers such as the Khoi and San. The domestication of cattle preceded agriculture. It is speculated that by 6,000 BCE, cattle were already domesticated in North Africa. In 4,000 BCE, climate change led to increasing desertification, which contributed to migrations of farming communities to the more tropical climate of West Africa. By the first millennium BCE, ironworking began in Northern Africa and quickly spread across the Sahara into the northern parts of sub-Saharan Africa. By 500 BCE, metalworking was fully established in many areas of East and West Africa. Copper objects from Egypt, North Africa, Nubia, and Ethiopia dating from around 500 BCE have been excavated in West Africa, suggesting that trans-Saharan trade networks had been established by this date.

Our Mantra is Deny Ignorance. Practice it.

edit on 26-3-2021 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 26-3-2021 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

axis shift.

also it is said that the Sahara has gone through many cycles of heating and cooling and at one time millions of years ago it was much lager.

a wiki because as i always say it's fast,

One theory for the formation of the Sahara is that the monsoon in Northern Africa was weakened because of glaciation during the Quaternary period, starting two or three million years ago. Another theory is that the monsoon was weakened when the ancient Tethys Sea dried up during the Tortonian period around 7 million years.[24]

The climate of the Sahara has undergone enormous variations between wet and dry over the last few hundred thousand years,[25] believed to be caused by long-term changes in the North African climate cycle that alters the path of the North African Monsoon – usually southward. The cycle is caused by a 41000-year cycle in which the tilt of the earth changes between 22° and 24.5°.[21] At present (2000 ACE), we are in a dry period, but it is expected that the Sahara will become green again in 15000 years (17000 ACE). When the North African monsoon is at its strongest annual precipitation and subsequent vegetation in the Sahara region increase, resulting in conditions commonly referred to as the "green Sahara". For a relatively weak North African monsoon, the opposite is true, with decreased annual precipitation and less vegetation resulting in a phase of the Sahara climate cycle known as the "desert Sahara".[26]

During the last glacial period, the Sahara was much larger than it is today, extending south beyond its current boundaries.[29] The end of the glacial period brought more rain to the Sahara, from about 8000 BCE to 6000 BCE, perhaps because of low pressure areas over the collapsing ice sheets to the north.[30] Once the ice sheets were gone, the northern Sahara dried out. In the southern Sahara, the drying trend was initially counteracted by the monsoon, which brought rain further north than it does today. By around 4200 BCE, however, the monsoon retreated south to approximately where it is today,[31] leading to the gradual desertification of the Sahara.[32] The Sahara is now as dry as it was about 13,000 years ago.[25]

Desertification and prehistoric climate

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The whole climate change argument doesn't do itself any favors with the fear mongering predictions that always fail to happen.

Ice caps gone.
Snow is a thing of the past.
Huge changes in water levels.
Hurricane frequencies.
Etc..etc..

I don't think anyone will argue against striving for a cleaner environment but there are ways to accomplish that goal and there are foolish methods that gain nothing and sometimes do the opposite of their intended goal.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I agree. The person from the Bronx needs to get a grip along with the doll from Sweden. Solar cars will be here. Advancements shall be made. Hydrogen is already here if anyone wants it with ZERO CO2 out gas. Its just the CO2 to make it but lets get real. There are trade offs.

So is the CO2 UN deal the actual method to repay those trillions owned globally towards the global World Banks?
edit on 26-3-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Excellent hound. I gave you a star.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hydrogen is a perfect example of what I meant.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I remember watching a couple of documentary's that I believe were on PBS's NOVA a few years ago on climate change. (Sorry, no links)

One had a segment about a group of climate researchers that went to the Arctic or Antarctic and took some ice core samples that went back ~50,000 yrs. They went back to the lab and shaved off thin slices that they vaporized and recorded the gases and their amounts.
They found that the CO2 levels rose and fell on a regular cycle of around 2,500 - 3,000 yrs.

Another program revealed that according to the geologic record, for about 80% of the time life has existed on earth, the climate has been MUCH warmer than it is now. We are just now coming out of the last Ice Age (~12,000 yrs. ago) and the climate is not even up to the AVERAGE temperature yet.

For what it's worth ...

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoser793

They found that the CO2 levels rose and fell on a regular cycle of around 2,500 - 3,000 yrs.

Not really. No regular cycles on that time frame, though there are fluctuations.

But those same ice cores show that CO2 levels are currently higher than they have been in 2 million years. Sort of putting other factors in the backseat when it comes to warming.

www.princeton.edu...
edit on 3/26/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
How dare they

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes, Hydrogen. They can build an air separation plant anywhere. Only CO2 is that generated to make the Hydrogen. However, Air Products and Chemical now has a ZERO emission solar Hydrogen plant being built in the Middle East.

In July 2020, Air Products & Chemicals (“Air Products”), whose principal business is selling gases and chemicals for industrial use, announced plans to build a green hydrogen plant in Saudi Arabia. The plant will be powered by 4 GW of wind and solar power, making it the world's largest such project. The USD 5 billion plant will be jointly owned by Air Products, Saudi Arabia's ACWA Power, and Neom, a new mega-city planned near Saudi Arabia’s borders with Egypt and Jordan. Due to be operational in 2025 and situated in the city of Neom, the completed facility will produce 650 tons of green hydrogen daily, enough to run around 20,000 hydrogen-fuelled buses.

top topics

join