It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I able to stare at the sun longer than ever??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I've read a lot of surprising things in my time here on ATS, but this one, well, this one...takes the cake!!

I have very sensitive eyes, and the mere thought of staring at the sun, just for the fun of it is, well, just flat out full-tilt Bozo (to me anyway). If it's daytime, any kind of daytime, I don't leave the house without my sunglasses, and I spend good money on high quality sunglasses for the same reason.

The notion of staring at the sun is right up there with mashing my finger with a hammer just for the hell of it! Some people might get off on it...I guess...but that's a sport I don't think I'm gonna' get into. Nope, not gonna' do it!

My advice - Umm, STOP STARING AT THE SUN!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm able to breath noxious tobacco smoke into my sensitive lungs multiple times throughout the day

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hail RE. or RA.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

i used to do the same because when i was a kid i was told it was impossible, i thought i had super powers because i could... and i am now the ONLY one in my family that needs corrective lenses.

you ARE damaging your sight, regardless of whether or not you think you are.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't recommend you keep doing this, you will 100% have cataracts to look forward to..it's going to be younger than most people.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Ahh well , maybe I'm just one of those crazy people then. I'm not asking anyone else to do this obviously. I had my eyes checked recently, I still have perfect vision. I have lived in Florida my whole life. It's a lovely sun and on my days off I try to be in that sun more often.

I obviously do not spend hours at a time doing this, as I am surprised I reached nearly a full minute befor turning away. But if I have done this for years, and clearly my vision has not been damaged, why not??

Maybe I cracked the code in the simulation reality eh?? Yea right, simulation my arse.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just because your not doing immediately apparent damage doesn’t mean long term damage isn’t being done.

Think of it like this, you are walking around your house with a pickaxe chipping away at the foundation. You could do this a lot without any noticeable function of the house changing, the water still runs, the lights still turn on, the ac still acs.
Your neighbor does not do this.

The problem comes later, those chips in the foundation deteriorate faster than unchipped houses. So years later your foundation is now causing noticeable problems in the house above, sections of the house have settled more than others, maybe a couple doors are now out of square and don’t close anymore, maybe the floor in one room is noticeably out of level.
Because everything didn’t degrade and age at the same rate, it caused issues your neighbor never had to deal with.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You were sitting in your car? Windshields block up to 96% of UV light.

It's like you're surprised you can breathe under water.in a submarine.

edit on 26-3-2021 by Peeple because: added joke

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Ahh well , maybe I'm just one of those crazy people then. I'm not asking anyone else to do this obviously. I had my eyes checked recently, I still have perfect vision. I have lived in Florida my whole life. It's a lovely sun and on my days off I try to be in that sun more often.

I obviously do not spend hours at a time doing this, as I am surprised I reached nearly a full minute befor turning away. But if I have done this for years, and clearly my vision has not been damaged, why not??

Maybe I cracked the code in the simulation reality eh?? Yea right, simulation my arse.

So many Limiting Beliefs in response to your question. Since you asked, I would not let anyone else define your reality for you. Jetson White talks about the Simulation Sun(which blocks our actual Sun) is almost completely dismantled and taken down. This may be why the sun is different to how it used to be. I notice it is different as well, I bask in it and receive it's energy, although I don't really stare at it.

I believe we are Unlimited Creators and we can either keep telling the same old limiting stories or we can push past the limits of this world and create brand new experiences. People more than likely told Roger Banister that he was crazy and stupid too, but only a month after he broke the 4 minute mile some 500 people were able to break past their limits and run it as well and now days it is not uncommon at all. Same with the Wright Bros. and many more.

To be clear, I am not saying to stare into the sun, what I am saying is to do what resonates for you and not let others define your experience.

Keep an open mind and see if any of this video resonates with you

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I do this outside in the open, but it makes sense why i almost reached a full minute while inside the vehicle. Usually its half that out in the open.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

That's cray-cray, brother... I can't stare at the sun for longer than a couple seconds before my eyes start to water. I envy your retina strength.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
This is the most stupid thing I have ever read.

Go and educate yourself about eyes.

Take it easy man. He might have strong eyeballs that can withstand the staring longer than normal people. I can't stare directly at the sun, but I don't care for the bright light and squinting because I'm too vain to want crows feet at 42, so I always wear sunglasses even when it's cloudy.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RenegadeOfTheLight

That was quite an informative presentation. I enjoyed it, and would like to learn more.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The doctor will tell you not to look directly in to the Sun also worldstarcountry.

Honest mate the advice you are being given in spot on in this instance.

Dont stare at the Sun pal, there are better safer ways to observe stars.

If he's been doing it since childhood then he's obviously not gonna hurt himself at this point. Wrinkles around the eyes, sure, but if his vision is still good then he'll be ok.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Have you developed cataracts yet? well you will, no a good thing to do and not a healthy thing to do either, as we get older lots of damaging to the eyes.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I know everyone is busting your balls here, but when you do something like this from childhood, your body becomes accustomed to it. In the 3rd grade while learning about germs and the human body's immune system, I began biting my nails to see if I could build a tolerance. I haven't had a virus since then. No flu shots, no medication of any kind. I've kissed several girlfriends throughout the years who had strep throat, flu, etc., and never caught it. Building immunity to things is very possible, sort of like drinking small amounts of poison each day for years. Not sure why people are busting on you like they are.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have no problem with the sun hitting my eyes but if I stare directly at it, I get blue marks in my vision for a while.

I have figured out that if I look at the sun with my eyes closed, it actually makes my vision clearer, probably from stimulating cell regeneration or something as old cells die. The same effect is there with being out on a sunny day and having the sun hit my eyes as long as I do not stare directly at it for too long. I am not afraid of the sun, in fact it seems it has a lot of medical benefits for the eyes if not overdone. The blue spots I get in my vision after that which are real noticable with my eyes closed are not so far harmful I have determined....but I would never push it and stare directly at the sun for over a few seconds.

I think maybe the stuff I am talking about could help to get rid of cataracts, but I have no way of knowing for sure, it would be nice to find some research that showed it reduces cataracts or if it was bad for them or neutral, but I searched and found no published research on that subject.

If you are looking at the sun, remember, the yellow sunlight of the morning is the best for regeneration of the eyes....plus it is not strong enough to burn your eyes. Watching the sunrise and sunset are good therapies. There is actual scientific research into the red and yellow spectrum effect on all life forms, from plants to humans.
edit on 26-3-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Ball busting is just internet 101. I file it under "things to look past".
Funny you mention that about intimate contact with sick gf's , as we clearly share that experience. I never really thought about the exposure from nail biting though, it was always just a nervois tick for me.

Clearly it us "dirty folk" that seem more capable of fighting off illnesses without treatment.

Maybe it helps too though that since getting older i put garlic and onions in virtually everything i eat. Preferably raw and uncooked but finely diced or sliced.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I think it's definitely the reason why... As far as the garlic and onions, my wife and I use both quite often.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You are finally discovering your superpowers one at time.

Or the OP is going blind...Blind people can stare at the sun all day long... Just saying...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join