It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suing the Fed for Violating Federal Reserve Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
One of my favorite commentators, George Gammon who is a retired entrepreneur and advocate for liberty & sound economics, has announced that he is partnering with the well-known criminal tax attorney and legal advocate to put together a suit against the Federal Reserve using the FOIA act.

Their case (that they are building) is focused around how the Federal Reserve allegedly violated the Federal Reserve Act. I dug up some helpful context about what they are claiming - another well-known financial figure, Jeffrey Gundlach (billionaire known as the "bond king) said this about the Fed's Corporate Bond-buying program from last April in the wake of the lockdowns/COVID response:

Yesterday, in a CNBC interview, DoubleLine CEO and bond guru Jeffrey Gundlach said that “the Fed is blatantly violating the Federal Reserve Act” with its corporate bond purchases. Gundlach was doubling down on his statement of two weeks earlier. On April 14, Gundlach excoriated the Fed, stating: “The Federal Reserve is presently acting in blatant non-compliance with the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. An institution violating the rules of its own charter is de facto admitting that said institution has failed and is fundamentally broken.”

Link to that article: wallstreetonparade.com...

The idea is not to necessarily "win" the case, but by bringing this to the courts and raising awareness, that alone can be a very powerful tool and from my own knowledge and understanding of these institutions such as the Fed, it's past time to start calling out the BS and at least attempting to hold them accountable.

Anyway, I thought others at ATS might appreciate this news. George is starting by putting $25K of his own money and pledges to match $1 for every $1 donated (once the campaign is officially announced). Here's the video where he announced the news less than 24 hours ago:

Here's a profile on the attorney, Robert Barnes (some of you may have heard of him): www.avvo.com...

edit on 25-3-2021 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It may get some publicity, but nothing comes of it. Once you pull the first thread the whole thing falls apart.

They won't let that happen.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Wow -- Great catch and great thread. Thank you! I'm going to dig into this later when I can give it some proper attention.

The Federal Reserve -- and the enabling Federal Reserve Act -- both need some bright sunshine. The brightest of sunshine!!! I really hope they can get some traction here. I don't doubt their ability to challenge the actions of the Fed, just their ability to get past all the critters and the obstacles they'll throw in the way.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Wow -- Great catch and great thread. Thank you! I'm going to dig into this later when I can give it some proper attention.

The Federal Reserve -- and the enabling Federal Reserve Act -- both need some bright sunshine. The brightest of sunshine!!! I really hope they can get some traction here. I don't doubt their ability to challenge the actions of the Fed, just their ability to get past all the critters and the obstacles they'll throw in the way.

None of it happened in secret. It went through all the motions. There aren't enough politicians that care. The courts will probably be useless as well. I fully support the effort, but I doubt anything comes of it. The Fed is, and has been for some time, a rogue agency accountable to nobody.

All this buying was done with not only the knowledge of, but also support from, congress. This is one of the reasons many of us were screaming about the amounts of money stolen from taxpayers and distributed to corporations during the stimulus. It wasn't just a mistake, it was against the law and makes a great launchpad to start literal fascism.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Well, be all that as it may, we haven't lost until we stop fighting.

Of course it isn't going to be easy. Lots of dirty critters have put a whole lot of time and energy into their dirty deeds and the perpetuation of their dirty deeds, and are going to do everything we can to protect their sorry butts. That's the challenge before us. It is what it is.

Defeatism doesn't get the job done. We need to figure it out. And it starts with making the people aware of all the whys and wherefores. People need to know what has been done, in order to understand what to do and what not to do to make proper reforms.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

All this buying was done with not only the knowledge of, but also support from, congress. This is one of the reasons many of us were screaming about the amounts of money stolen from taxpayers and distributed to corporations during the stimulus. It wasn't just a mistake, it was against the law and makes a great launchpad to start literal fascism.

We have been living under economic fascism since the corporations took over government. Wall st. and the Fed have become one big cabal. I wish George luck.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

We have been living under economic fascism since the corporations took over government. Wall st. and the Fed have become one big cabal. I wish George luck.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

I don't disagree, but you seem more than educated enough on the topic to recognize the distinction between what has been happening for years and what has happened during COVID. It's a significant step in the wrong direction.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If nothing else perhaps this will bring an awareness to more people. It only took the Fed 1 world war and 2 decades to break the US treasury. Another 90 years and it has served it ultimate purpose as a wealth vacuum. We work - they got rich. The Great Reset is upon us so expect a new monetary system (digital of course) to be introduced any old time now. Then they will move on to the next control mechanism while trying to convince the public what a great thing it will be.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The US has toppled entire countries to protect the dollar from being exposed for truth. I think these guys play a dangerous game. Bush once murdered 4 million for the same thing. What's a couple more?

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
If nothing else perhaps this will bring an awareness to more people. It only took the Fed 1 world war and 2 decades to break the US treasury. Another 90 years and it has served it ultimate purpose as a wealth vacuum. We work - they got rich. The Great Reset is upon us so expect a new monetary system (digital of course) to be introduced any old time now. Then they will move on to the next control mechanism while trying to convince the public what a great thing it will be.

That's my take on this as well... ANYTHING to raise awareness and asking those who are responsible to answer for their transgressions is better than remaining depressed/helpless/silent. Inaction & silence will be taken as more opportunities for those in power to even more blatantly abuse their positions of authority & continue to exploit those they are supposed to be serving.

I think this suit and the discourse surrounding it is a big step in the right direction

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shaiker
The US has toppled entire countries to protect the dollar from being exposed for truth. I think these guys play a dangerous game. Bush once murdered 4 million for the same thing. What's a couple more?

Umm No he did not. Iraqi body count has the right numbers. the brit lie you are refeering to has been debunked already.

top topics

join