It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube age Verification

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: buddha
www.youtube.com...
try this one!
its not most of them

It let's me watch this one after a warning but I have been getting the age verification prompt on certain videos over the last few weeks. There's not a chance in hell that I'm sending any ID to YouTube.

You've never had a Google account? That's literally all you need for age verification. They're owned by Google. I've never been asked for payment or photo ID.

I have a youtube accout.
now it asks for photo id or Credit card!
england

only on some films.
i am not hackt.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I get that here in the States every now and then, too.

...and, no, I don't bother verifying my age so that they can data mine more than they already do.

It really isn't their job to do this, either.

If it's a kid, that's the responsibility of the kids parents/guardians, not some internet site with delusions of grandeur.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm so aggravated with youtube's forced commercials with no way out that I have started looking the video up in duckduck.go search engine, select videoe's and look for it. I searched youtube.com dust for this link and it comes up with quite a lot of video's.
I'm not sure if it will help where you are or not.
The commercials are literally every few minutes now on youtube.
On my PC the blocker works but not on my cell so I use duckduck.go

Dust

edit on 23-3-2021 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I did a search for any thing like this. non found.
but ATS search is cr$#.

I am trying to watch sci-fi short films "DUST" channel.
Not sex or hard core! tuesday 2am. England.
and it is Trying to make me use age Verification ?
it asks for my credit card or a pic of photo ID.

can some of you try this and say if you get the same please?
all countries.
try this one!
www.youtube.com...

The slipery slope is now free fall!
they have bots on youtube banning free speach.
now you have to give identification to wacth Sci-fi films
with very little nudity or bad language or violence in it.

no I did not give them my info.
they use't to ask for my Gmail account.

Working fine for me, I'm UK too.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I never get this on my Tablet btw, only happens on the PC!

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Just subscribed.

Thank you my Celtic brother

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Big Red flag. I'm not doing anything that would share my real world ID with YouTube. It's anonymous or nothing.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If you don't like it then don't do it! The more data you give these vast software houses the more of your soul is being sold!

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There are a couple of channels doing this. I often look at the Police Activity channel. Most vids are fine to watch, but some come up with the same verification message asking for ID or card details despite being signed in. Obviously I don't enter anything. I suspect it's being done to appease the monetization gods with some channels that have potentially graphic content.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

New Members always welcome.

Hands across the water Brother

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yes. It's asking me to verify my age by either submitting an image of my ID or by providing my credit card info. I'm in England too.

imgur.com...

edit on 23/3/21 by Skush because: Added image.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You can watch age restricted YouTube videos just by making some tweaks in the video URL. Once you click on the video, click on the URL. All you have to do here is delete the watch? and replace the '=' with '/'. Now click on go and you're done!

Google search
edit on 23-3-2021 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
no issues here in SA, but I unsubscribed from Dust when they blacked out their own channel last year for a week in support of BLM. now YT is going to start recommending me their videos again after I clicked your link. darn it.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I've been asked for Credit Card or a Photo ID when trying to access a film (I think).

I cried off supply either.

YouTube have my email address and my user name, and didn't notify me, so suspicion at the time was a scam.

(In fact, I'm pleased to see this post as it makes me aware it may not have been a scam)

Rewinding a second - YT can give me a personalised run down of everything I've ever watched.

So why am I not asked at an account level for proof of age?

I also have a problem at a conceptual level of what they are using as 'proof' - credit cards or picture of a passport. Neither is definitive in world of fake news.

I suspect there is less here than meets the eye.

YT are faced with a law forcing them to respond to a problem they don't want to fix.

On the back of this a spark in marketing is trawling for data on the propensity to declare
1. credit card info (which may be aggregated and sold back to advertiser's), and

2. photo ID (how far can we push it type test, sharing a photo ID might show how online savvy we are).

So all in all, I'm back at thinking this is a scam after all.

posted on Mar, 25 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: RMFX1

www.youtube.com...
try this one!
its not most of them

It let's me watch this one after a warning but I have been getting the age verification prompt on certain videos over the last few weeks. There's not a chance in hell that I'm sending any ID to YouTube.

You've never had a Google account? That's literally all you need for age verification. They're owned by Google. I've never been asked for payment or photo ID.

I have a google account and I'm well aware of my flawed argument. They already know all there is to know but they don't have a picture of my effin ID. And they won't get it.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
If you don't like it then don't do it! The more data you give these vast software houses the more of your soul is being sold!

The trouble is that a handful of large companies own so much of the Internet now that it's getting more and more difficult to do regular things and still avoid them. Like companies that want you to log in using your social media accounts and not offering you an alternative.

I tried to use a contact less payment system this month. One of those ones where you use your phone to pay on the subway rather than a contacless card, and they wanted photo Id. This was in addition to my home address, name and credit card details.

It's getting ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I decided to verify my age and it turned that google already had my card details on file ready to go, just had to enter the number on the back.

I sent a 'superchat' payment to someone ages ago although I thought that was a one-time thing, didn't think they would keep it on record.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join