It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I did it!...(bone broth)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Took a couple chicken carcasses, necks and other goodies, along with some cut-away veggie scraps and made a big bone broth in the Intsa-Pot.

I also used a Tbsp of apple cider vinegar and some salt and pepper.

Thought I messed it up at first, after it was done, but once it cooled down it was fabulous!

3 hours in the pressure cooker, at low pressure, and it came out perfectly.

Got about 3 quarts out of the process. Most are now either in the freezer or in the fridge.

Tonight I had a warmed cup of bone broth, like tea.

Hopefully it helps my shoulder!

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Don't expect miracles, but it's super healthy for you regardless.

Make your next batch of soup that calls for chicken broth with it. You won't be disappointed.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It's a bit harder to do, but check into making Tonkotsu broth, if you're good with pork. It's used in one of the more popular forms of ramen and absolutely delicious.

As Ketsuko said, use it in your chicken soup as well, it's an amazing upgrade over the store bought stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I make a lot of bone broth or collagen broth from meaty soup bones. I do it probably once every week. I just boil it. With chicken bone broth I usually use lemon juice to pull the nutrients out of the bones, a simple tablespoon of it is enough. Vinegar on the beef bones, in stages. But with an instant pot, it is hard to add more lemon juice, maybe vinegar would work better. The advantage of a pressure cooker is it is way faster, but some nutrients are lost with the higher temperature. It does not effect minerals though. I just boiled the bones from a chicken today for six hours to make a bone broth, the rest of the chicken went into the oven, made shake and bake chicken....they changed shake and bake and I figured out why it isn't nearly as good as when I was young, I add more salt to the mix before shaking it and it tastes like it did years ago.

I use bone and collagen broths to treat my epilepsy, they work really good for that, I make the broth then make the soup out of the broth, adding more veggies and the chicken to the second boil. Or I use it to make soups like onion soup or minestrome soup with the beef, and egg drop soup which is way better with homemade broths.

I have kept the bone broth in the freezer...a real freezer, not one with frost free....for about six months with no loss of taste.
edit on 22-3-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

3 hours? Pressure cooker? 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

Star and flagged for the cooking!!!
edit on 22-3-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Bone broth for knees

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

My Daughter sent me this and it helped my knee but also totally healed the wife of a bladder problem has had several years, pain and frequency and all that! Gone in 2 days and stayed gone since we have been taking it about a Month, we take half the recommended dose because it is pretty costly.

Gold Standard Organic Sulfur Crystals 1lb - 99.9% Pure MSM Crystals - Largest Granular Flakes Available - 3rd Party Tested

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sounds good. I hope it helps. My wife bought a chicken for the kids yesterday and we used the bones for our bone broth today. I was getting tired of the beef broth, taking it two times a day for 7 days can do that. First sip of the chicken broth and I was in heaven, it was so delicious.

I will update my thread on the bone broth diet fast thing when I'm done, another two weeks, but am finishing day eight and I already see a lot of changes. Two women told my wife they noticed a difference in my face (thinner more livier) on Zoom yesterday. We've had our religious meetings on Zoom since the pandemic started. I was outside and the neighbor, a friend of ours came over and said, 'Hey, Midnight Hawk, and wifey you look thinner and healthier, what are you doing!'

I am feeling better too.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So you're telling me Shake & Bake still exists? I haven't seen that since I was a teen, at least.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   

3 hours in the pressure cooker,

youre just boilng all the good stuff out.

just eat it.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

So you're telling me Shake & Bake still exists? I haven't seen that since I was a teen, at least.

Yeah, we got twelve boxes for ten bucks through the daughter on Amazon. Of course, the envelopes are smaller, one envelope is not big enough for a four to five pound chicken anymore...and like I said, they reduced the salt so adding a little extra makes it actually taste like it used to. Twelve boxes is enough for us for a year, we have it about once a month but use one and a half envelopes for a chicken each time. I like corn flake chicken too. We go through about fifteen whole chickens and maybe twenty pounds of leg quarters a year and also maybe three packages of split fryer breasts a year.

Usually we stock up on sales, ten pounds of Amish leg quarters costs about four bucks and we buy the whole larger chickens for less than eighty cents a pound on good sales. The chicken breasts go on sale for about a buck a pound.....we have a vacuum packer so I am constantly dividing up the chicken into packages so we get two meals from a package...except for the whole chickens, they come ready to freeze. We have two turkeys in the freezer...got those for thirty nine cents a pound from Meijers.

You can eat healthy for cheap....although shake and bake is questionable whether it is actually healthy, better than frying a chicken in oil I suppose.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I went to the store today and lo and behold, there's Shake & Bake right there in the baking aisle. Since I've never used it before I never thought about it so probably did see it at some point but dismissed it. Different packaging than I remember also probably didn't help.

I picked up a box of Buffalo style. What the heck, I'll try most anything once.

top topics

join