It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And History Repeats...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The human psyche is a weird thing.

I was perusing ATS as I tend to do and came across this thread about an Asian gentleman in critical condition after being assaulted. Now, I didn't have much to say (other than the same old condolences and well wishes to the victim), so I didn't add to that discussion. But it did give me a thought, and one I felt was important enough to make a new thread about. You see, there is a certain amount of anti-Asian sentiment out there and it is staring to manifest itself violently. I don't think anyone is disputing that. The differences of opinion on the subject seem to be centered more around the actions taken to try and mitigate such violence rather than a debate on whether it exists.

Well, folks, we've been here before.

The exact same thing happened after the War of Northern Aggression. The South had been destroyed, literally, and a huge percentage of the population killed. Entire cities were reduced to smoldering ash. Those returning home were faced with losing their very homes for one of the exact reasons they fought: unfair taxation. Compounding the taxation was the fact that crops were gone and anything left was difficult to harvest since all the labor was gone as well. Now, I'm not going to get into that tired old debate over slavery here; the simple fact is that at the time slavery was the bulk of the farm labor. No amount of "right-think" can change what was.

No one suffering through this period of hell on earth had the ability to retaliate toward those responsible. The policy makers were far away in Washington DC. The carpetbaggers didn't hang around; they came down only long enough to buy up land for pennies on the dollar and high-tailed it back north. The only people who were left to become the subject of the ire were the black ex-slaves... and they were "protected" by Federal laws.

There's that weird human psyche again... when a people become angry beyond their ability to hold it in, they tend to lash out at whoever is available.

Back then, the targets were the freed slaves. They certainly didn't deserve the treatment they received over the next century. In many ways, they had been just as devastated as the white Southerners. The war criminal William Tecumseh Sherman had razed everything that they could use to sustain themselves, then burnt bridges behind his army specifically to prevent them from following. The result was that a great many of those freed slaves starved to death by the very hand of their "benefactor." The rest were left in utter poverty and indigence, essentially reduced to living like animals. It has taken over 100 years to mitigate all that.

But since when has that stopped hatred? Over the next century blacks were tortured, killed, falsely accused, many hung, ostracized, humiliated, and subjected to a wide range of the infamous "Jim Crow" laws.

Now let's compare that to today.

Due to a virus released onto the world by the inactions of China, the people of the USA have been subjected to over a year now of illegal and intrusive mandates, forced lockdowns of society, endless fear-mongering and misinformation, and even the loss of their very livelihoods. Their homes are now at risk of being ripped from them, not for taxation, but because they have lost their jobs and businesses to capricious government mandates based on the Chinese virus. In their place, the wealthy and the powerful, companies like Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, et al, have prospered from their ruin. Many have watched family members sicken and die, a great deal of that due to the utter ineptitude if not outright criminal actions of government officials.

That period of hell has consequences. People get angry. And while debate is always a good thing, civilized debate can not exist where there is anger and hatred. In short, there is no logical reasoning, no debate tactic, no amount of verbal or written oratory that will mitigate what is starting to happen. The only way to do so is through action, that action being an immediate relief to those harmed.

Just as the freed slaves of old were the scapegoats for the anger that swept across the South, so today the Asian people living here are becoming the scapegoats of the anger of today. Just as the freed slaves were also victims of the atrocities in the War of Northern Aggression, so today those same Americans of Asian descent are just as susceptible to the Chinese virus and the government over-reaches. Just as, back then, the true culprits were out of reach of the average person, so too, today, those responsible are in China and Washington DC, and to a lesser degree in the various state capitols behind armed security.

Just as, in those days of yore, the freed blacks were targeted as the only possible target for taking out the anger inspired by leaders and bankers in far-off places, so too, today, the Asian population is appearing as the only target for taking out the anger inspired by leaders and bankers in far-off places and hiding behind armed security.

It's not right. No one deserves to be beaten for who they are. No one. It was wrong back in the latter 1800s; it is wrong in the early 2000s. But it is. Laws will not help; laws will only increase the pressure that must be released. Remember that there were Federal laws back in the aftermath of slavery as well, but they did little to no good in the face of such organizations as the KKK. The only thing that can change this now is immediate, substantial relief: a complete and total re-opening of the economy, an end to the face mask restrictions, and a complete restitution for every penny lost to the restrictions of the past 15 months. That will not happen. The powers that be have made their intent to do the opposite quite clear, and their power is now so firmly entrenched that even elections have no more consequences. The cost of even attempting to pay restitution to those who have lost money during this so-called pandemic would bankrupt the country overnight ten times over, making things even worse economically.

No, we're done. This is now what is. Another period of reconstruction is at hand, with the same winners (those with money and/or power) and the same losers (everyone else). Another period of blind hatred and rampant racism, this time directed toward Asians. History repeats the lesson we failed to learn.

To anyone reading this of Asian descent (or really anyone who looks like they might have Asian descent): I feel for what you are about to experience. May I be somehow wrong and you be spared the untimely punishment for simply being who you are. I truly am sorry... if only there were some way to stop what is to come that were in my power! I would do so in a New York heartbeat! But alas, I do not wield such power. All I can offer are these pitiful words on a screen.

I tried to stop it; I really did. I tried to stop the hysteria before it hurt hundreds of millions of Americans and even more around the globe. I tried to stop the power shift that has now locked us into this vicious cycle. I failed.

Now millions will pay for that failure. For that I am truly sorry.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I haven't seen the mindset that any of this is the fault of a random Asian looking person. I guess it's there somewhere, but I haven't seen it or heard about it. And to say that I live in a racially unbiased area would be a stretch.

I remember the knock out game being a thing a few years ago, lots of people pretended it wasn't real, but the people who were hit, didn't feel the same way. Is this some manifestation of that? I am not Asian and don't know how they feel, only that I have no idea where this comes from. And I have used the term "China Virus" before, still not even thinking that any Asian person I could encounter would be at fault for it. Where does that come from, other than the narrative being pushed by the assholes?

I'm not sure this isn't a manufactured issue.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

To anyone reading this of Asian descent (or really anyone who looks like they might have Asian descent): I feel for what you are about to experience

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for what you have written.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Excellent thread. The comparisons to the civil war are fitting.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I would have thought that in-between the two episodes you mention, you may have documented this:-

The Injustice of Japanese-American Internment Camps Resonates Strongly to This Day.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

And it was " State Sponsered " which made it worse.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Be careful JAG... you may have just thanked a "conservative." And a redneck to boot!

You know, white supremacist and all that. Wouldn't want you to get in trouble.

*hint, hint*

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Actually, I intended the comparison to be more toward the reconstruction era just following the War of Northern Aggression, and the reason why racism spread so readily through the South. But thank you anyway.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

While you bring up a shameful period of American history, it has few parallels to what we are experiencing today. We were actively at war when those atrocities occurred, and the episode lasted a comparatively short time. What is coming will not be short-lived. It will likely last for another century (assuming the country stands that long at all).

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

In 1988 The US Congress apologised for the interment of Japaneese- Americans during WW II.

If it was wrong in 1988 it was certainly wrong during WW II for what took place.

That's my view anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Nice post OP. Great forecast and comparison to history.
For me this rings true with something I've mentioned on a few occasions here in that a culture, call it "Culture X" exists that reacts to other culture's success.

Culture X places value in an illusion of wealth and success but doesn't necessarily want to earn it. When that illusion is challenged, it reacts using violence, optics, media platforms and victimization.

Culture X does not place much value in personal accountability, strength in community, work-ethic, education or skill building. When other cultures do, Culture X lashes out. Unfortunately their efforts to deflect blame have been so successful that nobody dares call them out on it, thus we're now pointing fingers at political and social markers as the perpetrators.

Hopefully one day we can truly address the elephant in the room

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Be careful JAG... you may have just thanked a "conservative." And a redneck to boot!

You know, white supremacist and all that. Wouldn't want you to get in trouble.

*hint, hint*

TheRedneck

I don't judge people based on how they vote or lean. It's unfortunate that so many do.
I actually miss the days when we didn't talk about who voted for who.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Has the UK apologized to those Germans, Italians, and Austrians interned in the UK in 1939?

Asking for a friend.

As too the OP, a lot of this recent Asian hate has been perpetrated by black thugs....at least all of the attacks making the headlines that I have seen.

I think it has more to do with economics and the perception that Asians are far better off than most. What with all the job losses, peeps could be reaching out to assault those think think are weaker, and better off.

It would have to see some more stats I think.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Has the UK apologized to those Germans, Italians, and Austrians interned in the UK in 1939

The OP was covering abuse that some Asians are receiving in America. I mentioned Japaneese Americans during WW II as Japan in within ASIA.

Last time i looked at an Atlas, Germany,Italy and Austria are not within ASIA.

Hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Riiiiight. Looked like a dig at something that has nothing to do with the OP to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Riiiiight. Looked like a dig at something that has nothing to do with the OP to me.

Nope, just a historical fact about how some Asian-Americans had been abused in the past.
edit on 22-3-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Believing as I do that none of this is "accidental" I can see a building of anti-Chinese sentiment propagated through media. We saw our dauntless Sec of State Blinken get bitch slapped by Chinese reps at the new admins first conference with the CCP. The question is: what purpose would this serve? Look at every war over the last century and a pattern of hating a particular nation or people was always a prelude to bombs falling. I keep saying watch Taiwan which is I believe the flashpoint in waiting. China has long coveted Formosa (remember that name?) and is in a position to take it. i believe they will do it within the next year.

What follows will be a far-flung tactical, psychological, digital and biological war intended to weaken the US to the toppling point. Food shortages, power outages, sleeper agents committing terrorist acts will all be part and parcel of the narrative whether it is real or simply play acted the people will think it is real. Just like the pandemic.
edit on 22-3-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I usually agree with your assessments, but not this time. I’m actually surprised to see you pushing the narrative.
This is just a modern day Jack the ripper. A young man angry at hookers. The racist progressives probably tried to make it about race with the ripper, too.
edit on 22-3-2021 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Believing as I do that none of this is "accidental" I can see a building of anti-Chinese sentiment propagated through media. We saw our dauntless Sec of State Blinken get bitch slapped by Chinese reps at the new admins first conference with the CCP. The question is: what purpose would this serve? Look at every war over the last century and a pattern of hating a particular nation or people was always a prelude to bombs falling. I keep saying watch Taiwan which is I believe the flashpoint in waiting. China has long coveted Formosa (remember than name?) and is in a position to take it. i believe they will do it within the next year.

What follows will be a far-flung tactical, psychological, digital and biological war intended to weaken the US to the toppling point. Food shortages, power outages, sleeper agents committing terrorist acts will all be part and parcel of the narrative whether it is real or simply play acted the people will think it is real. Just like the pandemic.

Look at a population graph. In the very near future “minorities” will be at equal numbers as the white population in the US. Asians are the fastest growing segment of that... They also vote more...

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Why would I, or anyone, apologize for the actions of others? Whether it's something they did 200 years ago or 5 minutes ago. Those people own and should pay for their own actions. They don't get to take any credit for all the positive things you do. You don't get any of the blame for the negative things they do.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

When whites are usurped and put in the demographic minority, look for the shifting, manufactured narrative on how those pesky "Asian supremacists" are behind all of America's social ills.
edit on 22-3-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join