It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jonah - in the belly of a whale? Or a USO..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Something that I think perhaps we need to clarify with regards to Biblical awareness, is that there are things in the world, and in the Kingdom of Heaven, which are beyond the letters of the Scripture - as in, there are truths which remain to be revealed, and not everything of spiritual value, or pragmatic understanding, is contained within the Word of God, which I realise is a statement against the sincere beliefs of many.

However, the Holy Spirit was given, in part, to "..lead you into all truth".

Therefore, we must infer that there is truth not contained within the black & white letter of the Scripture which is of value spiritually, into which our understanding will develop over the course of time, as the Spirit directs us.

With that in mind, what is the 'whale', into the belly of which Jonah was swallowed, and where he survived for three days on his own, with only his thoughts & his awareness that he had rebelled against the instruction of God..? Surely Jonah would realise that as a prophet, he had sinned quite grievously by refusing to obey the Word of the LORD as the instructions to preach in Ninevah had been issued?

Indeed, he was tossed into the ocean, and 'something' swallowed him up, keeping him alive & safe until he had determined that he would indeed go to Ninevah as commanded, and he would preach to inspire their repentance as he had been told to do.

My firm belief is that Jonah was not swallowed by a literal 'great fish', but instead that he was taken from the water into the body of a USO, an 'unidentified submersible object'. These craft are in part available for the use of those angelic beings who have been tasked with observing & interacting with humans at times of extreme material & spiritual necessity, according to the standing orders of the Almighty, and according to their discretionary interventions in certain circumstances, as well as taskings directly ordered at a given time & place by God.

What are your thoughts? Is it possible that angelic beings, incarnate on a continuing basis, are in command of a fleet of ships which they can use for urgent business on behalf of Heaven? One would think that perhaps, this is a reasonable understanding. Many of the UFOs we see, I believe, are of this type. The craft are not different from USOs, but the name is attached depending on whether they are spotted in skies or seas. In reality they are one class of ship, able to travel in either medium.

Although I believe there are some UFOs/USOs which are piloted under the command of incarnate angelic beings, I am firmly of the opinion that the bulk of those we see, are piloted by the nefarious powers associated with the alleged 'grey aliens', which I believe are actually a hybrid biological/mechanical artificial intelligence drone. These were originally created to serve the 'gods', but now serve their own interests - indeed they are diametrically opposed to the will & plans of Heaven, because they themselves are manipulating & abusing humans in their quest to become immortal in the same way that organic beings are immortal. In their extant form, they have material 'lifespan' of very many years, but they are not truly immortal in the sense of being a soul/spirit entity, and so ultimately they will simply wear out & fizzle out of existence.

Indeed, I am of the opinion (tangent from the main thread, apologies) - that all their engagements with humans are intended to facilitate their ability to overwrite the soul/spirit complex of human subjects, in order to be amalgamated into the transmigratory form of a human once death occurs. They are attempting to transfer their consciousness into a human vessel such that they can experience the realms beyond material existence. I believe this may be why they are engineering a greater percentage of children with autism, so they can gradually, over many generations, engineer a human form which is amenable to their theorised overwriting capability.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on any of these points..

Cheers,

FITO.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
All of your points are very interesting ones.
No doubt, ancient UFOs have been recorded throughout history in various forms. USO's would've been seen less...but could've just as likely existed back then.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The USO explanation is a good take that I have not heard before. At least with that theory there is at least the possibility of it being a true story in any way.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That's a great hypothesis! Thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Indeed. Much better than stomach juices of a whale. Obviously.
Or it's a metaphor. A description of some spiritual discomfort or hallucination.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Bible translator Ferrar Fenton believed that what gave Jonah a ride was a submarine, possibly named "The Fish." His Bible version reflects it.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In the account it is said "Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights."

What this Prepared means, who knows, the point being, it wasn't a normal animal, but a creature prepped for the task. appointed.

Its the same word used for the plant and wind in the story,

Further, the Dag, or fish is important due to hermetical exegesis of the text, as the People worshiped Dagon a fish God,

A Prophet vomiting from a Fish in the story, would be of Extra impact to the people of the time, much akin to Elisha and the battle of the prophets with Jezebel.

In the bible, God often mocks the false deities by using their imagery against them.

Just some scholarly background on the tale.
edit on 21-3-2021 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Originally posted by FlyinTheOintment
My firm belief is that Jonah was not swallowed by a literal 'great fish', but instead that he was taken from the water into the body of a USO, an 'unidentified submersible object'. These craft are in part available for the use of those angelic beings who have been tasked with observing & interacting with humans at times of extreme material & spiritual necessity, according to the standing orders of the Almighty, and according to their discretionary interventions in certain circumstances, as well as taskings directly ordered at a given time & place by God.

Interesting theory…you could be right about the USO stuff…

The other interesting aspect of the Jonah story, is the parallel and similarity with the Jesus resurrection story…

Jonah is deep down in the Earth at the bottom of the ocean and then 3 days later rises up to do Gods will; Jesus is stuck in the tomb for 3 days after which he rises from the dead…(during which time his Spirit is said be down in the depths of Hell, freeing the captives etc…)

Was Jesus also healed by a higher power or USO…or is it all symbolic…

Personally, I believe both stories are symbolic for waking up spiritually.

In the Gnostic texts and traditions, the term “Resurrection” was a term applied to people becoming “Alive Spiritually”; it had nothing to do with anyone rising from the dead psychically. So for the Gnostics it was really a term used to describe the Spirit inside coming alive from its current dead state… it’s also why Jesus used the term “Let the dead bury their own dead etc…” I believe; as he was referring to their current dead (spiritual) state.

Those living in this dead state are the “Poor in Spirit” which Jesus and the Old Testament talk about quite a lot…Also this “dead state” is kind of like living in death or living in sheol (meaning grave) …Sheol is translated as Hell in the Bible but the word Grave is the correct translation…

Jesus referred to the Pharisees as “Children of Hell” in Matthew 23:15, because of their current Spiritual state and the fact that what they were teaching people things contrary to the “Spirit of life” i.e. a Religion of Man made rules…

3 Key symbolic aspects and similarities of both Stories…

1 Jonah was buried inside the whale and was deep down in the depths of the ocean; Jesus body was buried in the tomb while his Spirit went into the depths of Sheol…

2 The Rising aspect of both stories reflects a Spiritual awakening taking place i.e., a “Spiritual Resurrection”

3 The Number 3 is symbolic of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and is used as a time element in both stories (3 days etc) which imo represents past, present and future…The son is the dead spiritual son who existed in the past…The Father represents the Future and the Eternal…and the Present is represented by the Holy Spirit…where the New Spiritual Son is born…

- JC

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have always felt that God uses nature to accomplish his will.

Lucifer and his demons attempt to mimic this using technology.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on any of these points..

Matthew_12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Close to a thousand years later Matthew knew the same story also and he called it a whale according to translators. In most bibles it is also called a fish or whale. What would make you discard the hundreds of translators in a thousand year period of their understanding in that it could be an angel in a submarine? What would influence your mind to even think that way?

new topics

top topics

join