It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unpacking the Asian hate issue

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

In January, President Biden announced an executive memo that condemned racism against Asian Americans. The memo asks agencies to make sure official documents "do not exhibit or contribute to racism" and that the Department of Justice expand the "collection of data" around hate incidents.

Representative Andy Kim, a New Jersey Democrat, said there should be "tangible steps" taken at "every level of government" to curb the wave of violence. In a statement, Kim said the Biden administration should "re-establish the White House Initiative on AAPI to create a designated portal for sustained engagement and relationship building" with the Asian community across the country.

The current spin is that Asian Americans are being targeted by White supremacists due to Trump using the term "China Virus". That sounds plausible if we go along with the part where most Trump supporters are in fact White Supremacists. I'm not sure that's the case at all, and other than the words of the left, I'm not aware of any peer reviewed studies on that topic.

I can't speak for everyone, only myself. But I have heard the term "China Virus", and even the "Wu Flu", to indicate that the virus came from Wuhan China. The evidence I have seen indicates that the virus did indeed emanate from Wuhan China, likely in a lab. Knowing that doesn't make me want to run out and hurt Asian looking people as it's highly unlikely they have anything at all to do with that aspect of any of this. I've not heard of any movement to attack Asian looking people, other than the early news reports.

Speaking of the early news reports, there was something common about them. It was young black men doing the attacking. But that doesn't fit the narrative, so it has been ignored. The recent shooting in Atlanta was a 21 year old who claimed to have a sex addiction and said himself, his attack had nothing to do with race, only that he had access to sex, which he felt was his problem. Now that guy is nuts, and deserves to be punished. Taking a life is a horrible thing and should never be OK, but to twist the facts to politicize this and make it something it clearly isn't goes beyond disgusting. Obama spouting off gun control before the bodies were even cold was another aspect of this that was ugly and wrong.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Talking about Uyghur concentration camps = "Racist"
Talking about China influencing the 2020 election = "Racist"
Talking about CV coming from China = "Racist"
edit on 21-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The only problem with the MSM narrative is that the vast majority of those "Asian hate crimes" against Asians are coming from the black community, not white supremes. I almost spit my coffee out yesterday watching CNN try to run with the whole 2800 Asian hate crimes this year, then proceeded to show several videos of violence on Asian, two clips were of elderly Asian men who were blindsided and shoved to the ground, horrible. The only problem is that both clips were of young black men committing those crimes. CNN of course failed to mention that, and alluded that all these crimes were caused by Trump CHYNA virus rhetoric and was coming from the "white supreme Trump supporters".

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

that aspect wasn't lost on everyone, just the stupid ones.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Steven Crowder did a short video segment on his YT channel discussing the issue. Soon there after the video was taken down due to guideline infractions. Yet the only infraction that could be found was that the video directly went against the narrative being hoisted upon the public.

The Media has been a controlled opposition for a long time since the inception of “Operation Mockingbird” to the “MK ULTRA” experiments they’ve known repetition and visual aids (TV) are powerful, they change perception. Our perception is formed by what we are inundated with, constant stories on the news repeating over and over the same things, it must be truthful or right.

I feel the biggest awakening in most is when they peel back the onion and discover more than just a headline as seen in many of the cases Crowder had presented.

The skin of the onion said white supremacist but once you peel back a layer and see the meat it’s the furthest thing from the facts presented

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I suppose there is some safety in going after an elderly Asian person, due to them being old, but that isn't always the case.
If you choose to be a "stereotype" kind of person, you might think those Asians might know Kung Foo of something. They might go all "Bruce Lee" on you.

Well, yep, that's a real possibility.
www.foxnews.com...

The unidentified woman, who was crying after the alleged attack, told police in Chinese the man had punched her in the face without provocation while she was standing on the sidewalk.

Video posted to Twitter by KPIX-TV San Francisco sports director Dennis O’Donnell showed the woman with a black eye holding an ice pack on her face with one hand and carrying a stick she reportedly used to fend off her alleged attacker in the other hand.

So this woman got punched in the face, and instead of falling down, she got pissed off.

"You bum, why did you hit me?" she shouted at the man in Chinese, according to the station. She also turned to bystanders on the sidewalk to accuse him of hitting her.

"The woman said that she was hit," O’Donnell said. "She attacked back. From what I could see, she wanted more of the guy on the stretcher and the police were holding her back."

Dude was on the stretcher bleeding, and she wanted to hit him some more. It's a shame they didn't let her get a few more licks in, but they probably saved this little asshole's life.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

First of all there is a racist response issue that arises in people because they are simple creatures.

You tell them that some nation somewhere is there enemy and some will respond in taking the ethnic group that live in that nation as also being enemy's.

Sadly this was once the reaction of entire nations, over here in England we locked up all the German civilians that were deemed a potential risk - admittedly they got quite nice accommodation on the isle of man.
In the US less pleasant accommodation complete with barrack's, barbed wire and hating guards were used to lock up the Japanese American's many of whom were more than a generation naturalized to the US and had formerly had small business etc.

Oddly in Europe had it not been for a very patriotic but anti Nazi German by the name of Admiral Wilhelm Franz Canaris, he was the HEAD of the German intelligence services and at first had thought that Hitler was right until he saw how the Jews and later the Poles were being treated, after that he waged a secret war to sabotage the Nazi's war effort and ultimately was one of the main reason's we won the war, an example of how he deliberately sabotaged the Nazi's spy effort was in one case to issue a German to English pocket book, a HUGE German sausage that stuck out of the man's back pack and other giveaways to a Nazi agent being air dropped into Britain, needless to say he was arrested as he rode a bike down the road with a huge sausage sticking out of his backpack.
Canaris was later exposed and sent to a concentration camp were he sadly died.

In The US there was of course a number of Japanese American soldiers that did more than there part.

But back today we still have this mindset and tend to identify people with there nation, I felt and was for a couple of week's VERY racist toward mainland Chinese after seeing that video were two vehicles ran the little girl over in the street and no one came to her help, the first driver saw her and just drove slowly over her after knocking her over and the second then saw her lying there and just drover over her like she was nothing while people walked past, looked at the dying child and also did nothing.

But in fact Chinese are NOT all bad people (despite this enraging inhuman nature of some) and many of them are decent honest and likable folk, the ruling party of China on the other hand are another matter entirely.

So people hear something bad, people whom are simple minded then use that to vent there general aggression often forgetting there own woes or for some odd reason then deflecting blame for there woes onto an ethnic group half a world away or some member of that group whom is too close to hand and therefore can have there frustration and anger vented onto them.

Foreigners being blamed for taking job's is a prime example, while it is sometimes actually true (yes it is on occasion to those who would deny such a statement) they are unfairly hated and wronged when in fact the onus of blame should be placed onto the employer not the employee.

Feeling threatened by another nation, Russians and most US people look pretty similar, have about the same IQ, same health etc but because Russia was the big bad red bear they were often depicted as slanty eyed Asian's in propaganda, oh those do exist but you have to draw from more eastern Russia usually to see those people and they are in fact NOT Russian's but other ethnic groups ruled by the Russian's such as Siberians etc.

Basically it boils down to racism, simple as that and racism is the dumbest, most stupid and self defacing pass time the human race can get up to.

That said Nationalism is NOT always evil and there are plenty of honourable and laudable reasons to look after your own first.

How many give billions to Charity's' that take from the west and give to the so called third world (were it usually ends up in criminal's pockets) while ignoring there own poor?, how many missionary's go off to dig a well or help build a house for some far off African villager while leaving there own people on the street.

Jesus would not be impressed at these wayward shepherds going to look after a neighbours flock while letting the wolves have at there own, I come for my own sheep first.

edit on 21-3-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

And I'm sure you can show me the official reports to support your claim it was all done by black men? Gov, FBI, police whatever you have.

It's indeed a world wide phenomenon harassment and attacks on Asian looking people have increased since the virus, it's therefore stupid to blame it on Trump.

But it's equally stupid to deny Trumpsters fear China and use it quite often as the boogeyman to discredit and demonize the left.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I feel like if we break it down to stereotypes, the Asian's win hands down. What is it folks say about them? The skinny little ones can whip your ass, they are good at math, and they will get the good paying jobs. of course with stereotypes, you have the issue that not everyone is the same and you can't put all of any group into the same bucket, but that usually doesn't matter.

I think we as a nation should be looking out for people who are being targeted. If we see something like this happen, don't be a bystander, get involved. Take pictures, make the perp famous. Let him/her show the world what kind of person they are.

Seeing anyone hurt makes me ill. Seeing old seemingly defenseless people hurt makes me angry and ill. Seeing this spun into something it isn't for political gain, escalates those feelings by quite a bit.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

All I have is the video evidence in the link in the OP and elsewhere on the net. I'm not drawing any conclusions that this is some racial motivated thing, just the opposite. Until it was said that "white supremacist's" were causing this, I would have just said, stupid people are attacking older Asian folk and it's bad. But now we are forced into talking about the race of the perpetrators, as if that somehow changes the events.

it doesn't.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I was under the impression that a bunch of the incidents involving elderly Asians being pushed in the street was being done by other Asians, and that it was primarily being done because elderly Asians are statistically unlikely to report crimes like assault to the police.

Thus far from being a racist incident, it was more a case of serial assault and senior abuse.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I don't think that's the issue. I believe some asians feel they experience racism and it's never discussed. Shadowed by black vs white racism.

Also, asians don't = china..

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I'm not sure it matters. Anyone who would hurt an old person for the LOLZ is an idiot who needs to be shown some manners. And the color of their skin doesn't change that fact. Stupid folk come in all shades.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

don't say that too loud. You may bruise the narrative with truth such as that.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I don't know if it's a societal issue, but ive seen a few videos in the past year of black or white people abusing elderly asians.

Perhaps there's just a group of morons who want to abuse elderly asians for the effects of covid.
edit on 21-3-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

And I'm sure you can show me the official reports to support your claim it was all done by black men? Gov, FBI, police whatever you have.

While I whole heartedly support you in asking for something to verify that these assaults were being perpetrated by black men, the problem is that in today's political climate you're going to be hard pressed to find any local, state, or federal law enforcement officers who would say in plain English that "black men are attacking Asians", at least on the record.

The most that we're going to get is police officers talking about individual cases, rather than tying them together as a trend. It's just how politics is these days.

Saying things like that risk a backlash from the communities that they are trying to protect and generally prove to be counter productive in the long run because both communities end up closing ranks and shutting the police out.

It's like when you have a gay serial killer preying on other gay men. It's taboo, so police are reticent to speak openly about it. You usually only find out after they catch the person behind it because it the police go public everybody circles the wagons and shuts the police out.

You get the same when there's a soldier on soldier crime.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

China isn't part of Asia?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yea its probably just unhinged people affected by covid and blame asians for causing it. Mental illness most likely.

And on a side note, ive heard ivy league schools are restricting asians from entering because they dominate all other races in grades.
Diversity quotas i guess
edit on 21-3-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yea its probably just unhinged people affected by covid and blame asians for causing it. Mental illness most likely.

And on a side note, ive heard ivy league schools are restricting asians from entering because they dominate all other races in grades.
Diversity quotas i guess

I don't know that it's due to Covid, I honestly don't think that it at all, but have nothing to back that up, other than feelz.

But you have to limit them from Ivy league schools. With them being so damn good at math, they screw up the curve for all the other kids.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
First of all,I deplore racists-
My way of thinking is that what has developed into racism comes from somewhere inside people which was a neccessary part of our territorial security from times long ago where humans were tribes and it was important to notice people who looked different in our settlements in case they were strangers who presented a danger.

That part of us was very useful long ago,and was not about hating different races at all.
It was about our collective security.

Then along comes the modern world,and that part of us has been directed and manipulated by very sophisticated big powers-usually governments,often media/big companies.

Why? Because this is something which can be exploited as a "divide and conquer" system which suits governments as people are less able to change the system if they are full of hate for whatever group of "outsiders" the government have deemed to be the latest bogeymen.
The media and big companies are possibly even more nefarious as their motive is profit at any cost.

I would say-and I have nearly got in a fight saying this to some prick-That racists in todays world are those with less intelligence and critical thinking skills.Of course those people are much more likley to believe the # the government and media tell them to think.

Just like the global finance system-ITS A CON.Its made up nonsense designed to manipulate the weak minded and easily led.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join