It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Equity. The Indoctrination of American Children to Embrace BLM's Marxist Ideology.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Ideology and education go hand in hand. Otherwise education is nothing more than a subordinate brainwashing institution to pump out worker drones.

What teacher told you that?

At least you have demonstrated quite well the very thing the OP is warning us about. Education itself is a broad range of subjects, yes, but it does not have to include ideology. As a matter of fact, public education, when it includes ideology, is the very definition of brainwashing: the introduction of ideals and beliefs into one's mind through repetition which one would otherwise not entertain.

Mathematics contains no ideology. Mathematics is the language of nature and physics, used to explain phenomenon. Now, can mathematics be used out of context to promote an ideology? Of course! It's a language, the same as any other language. However, it is disingenuous at best and inhumanely criminal at worst to attempt to shift blame for such brainwashing from the brainwasher themselves to the language they chose to use to accomplish their goals.

The purpose of public education is to disseminate known, factual information as it exists in the whole of mankind's experience to the youth, in order to better allow them to take full advantage of their own inherent talents and better understand the world around them. It is not to indoctrinate children to hold any particular system of beliefs or moral values. Those things are taught at home, by the parents. Public education is not there to instill or deny religious values and beliefs; those things are taught in churches or by parents.

The binary thinking that all education can only be either all inclusive of all moral, religious, and social belief systems or it cannot is the basis of brainwashing. Few things in this world are subject to such a binary interpretation... only mankind has the inherent laziness to refuse to see shades of grey because it is too hard to do so.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You shouldn't bet out of ignorance when you don't know who you challenge. Ah the old myth of meritocracy discussion, out of many things Marx had to say about education and the system...

Money is at fault, it's not you lacking skills because that's nature, no it's the bad capitalism holding you back.

My parents grew up in the DDR. I was born there and not even two years old when they fled with me. I can not remember and I didn't got much details but it wasn't funny.

But I can hear it from the dialect if someone is from there. More than not, have voiced their opinion that "back then in the DDR things were alright". And my father would just scoff and list up all the things they couldn't have or do. Like the most basic human rights to voice opinion.

So please, go on and tell me more about Marx's thoughts.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The internet really has changed the world more than you know. I think that's one of the problems older generations aren't able to grasp. They cling onto this idea that schools and educational institutions need to be like they were when they were kids, but don't understand that if a kid wants to figure out a math problem they can just whip out a cell phone or watch a Youtube video.

The main issue with this thread isn't the direction of where education is going, or has potential to go, it's how it's been high jacked by critical race theory.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
The purpose of public education is to disseminate known, factual information as it exists in the whole of mankind's experience to the youth, in order to better allow them to take full advantage of their own inherent talents and better understand the world around them. It is not to indoctrinate children to hold any particular system of beliefs or moral values. Those things are taught at home, by the parents. Public education is not there to instill or deny religious values and beliefs; those things are taught in churches or by parents.

The binary thinking that all education can only be either all inclusive of all moral, religious, and social belief systems or it cannot is the basis of brainwashing. Few things in this world are subject to such a binary interpretation... only mankind has the inherent laziness to refuse to see shades of grey because it is too hard to do so.

No you got that backwards (sarcasm). School is there so the money "Das Kapital" can hinder the pupil and students to become what they would have become reagardless: Professionals of any trade and craft

And here is it again, the ugly monster lurking:

Everyone needs to be equal, everyone is the same. Thing is, the world doesn't work like that. Everybody is different and to blame it on a system is lazy and lacking the respect towards professions that have to be learned and mastered.

I am sorry to make this blunt overgeneralization but it's an observation: Call it the left, the liberal, Gen Y / Z, millenials, it's all the same with this thought:

The hard path isn't word it, I can be anything if I just pretend that something is diffcult too, on the other hand. This is why we have "artisan" bread bakers, because it #ing takes a genius to bake a bread the old way. It's all so phony and self patting on the shoulder, NO WONDER I am ashamed of my generation.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
but don't understand that if a kid wants to figure out a math problem they can just whip out a cell phone or watch a Youtube video.

Your timing is just perfect with my last post and a red flag what is wrong with ideas like yours.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

The world is changing. Deal with it, or stay here complaining about everyone else.

To address your question on Marx's thoughts on ideology, it's pretty simple and I mentioned it earlier, he pointed out that educational facilities were part of a superstructure, the base of it was youth and pupils, the top was obviously the ruling class. So who do you think dictate the base? Was Marx telling people that is how to subvert the ruling class or was he warning of the dangers of it?

But, hey all that nonsense of humanities and such is just leftist dribble, better not talk about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Racism is a construct to keep the little people busy and divided.

England just drew a bunch of lines on a map, pinned ethnic groups against each other and left many, many times throughout history. I guess when people start to dig up the past and see what happened they get mad?

Do you not see the inherent contradiction in the two parts of your argument here?

If racism is just a construct to keep us divided, then why does it matter what England did and how? People are people, right? How they got divided and by whom should not have mattered at all because we're all just the same in the end.

But since people "dig up the past and get mad", then I guess it does matter for some reason. And none of any of that has to do with math since presumably all cultures, from England to the ones getting angry about what England did (and here we are discussing what's going on in the states - another one of England's constructs), understand math and numbers because that's the universal language everyone gets. You don't decolonize math by telling someone that 4+4 can equal 9 because they're not white.

edit on 21-3-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What questions from my side? It's the second time now you act like I have no idea, while ignoring what I wrote because you do not like it.

Do you think the ones that lent a lot from his own ideology a century later, did it better?

No it's not nonsense of humanities but as so often, not to say always, it's way over the top in every angle of aspect. It's victim mentality blaming own short comings on someone else, a group or a system.

So the ideology teached when I was in school hindered me become a cut clean singer and voice artist, not because I lisp, because capitalism. Sounds reasonable.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Why do you keep bringing up capitalism?

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You ask THIS question after you "bet" on me not having an idea what he was saying in my quote?

Priceless, but evidently you are serious. I just feel like I chatted with a fence post.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have you looked into who is pushing this racist math stuff before or do you think it's some sort of global awakening of the 'left' to just start making up random useless false math?

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This thread is about education. Not economic systems, which funny enough is tied to many ideologies. Just because Marx's name is involved doesn't automatically mean capitalism is. You do know Marxist theory is probably 1/3 economics the rest of just philosophy on human nature right?

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You wanted me to explain Marx quote to you, for that and in the light of the bet you made about me knowing #...

It's somehow sad, but understandable, that exactly you now feel to need to remind me about the topic of this thread.

You just proved a third time, you are the one not knowing a lot about Marx. It doesn't even surprise me. Ciao.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You haven't explained anything. You're dancing around the subject, just be straight and not cryptic. That's how I know you don't even know why you used that quote beyond using it as if marx was this fabricator of americas current educational ills. He was pointing out how those in power can use education for exactly what is happening in the US.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Have you looked into who is pushing this racist math stuff before or do you think it's some sort of global awakening of the 'left' to just start making up random useless false math?

And I've asked you why so many of the so-called hallmarks of "white supremacist culture" are really just hallmarks of highly successful peoples of all races and creeds? It's become so glaringly evident that people who buy into this idea are now calling people of other races who are successful "white supremacists" too.

Asians who excel at education and life are "white supremacists" and using "white supremacist culture" to get ahead is disparaging of black and brown culture.

Why is that? Why do we need to take away traits that make people of any color or creed successful in order to combat so-called "white supremacy" and what do you think the elite who push this stand to gain by indoctrinating us all to this line of thinking - success equals white supremacy?

Btw, understanding math needs logical reasoning ability which is one of those hallmarks of highly successful people.

Also, while we're at it ... why are these same people equating lack of success with "black and brown culture"?
edit on 21-3-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
When con artist bull# systems like this get exposed, and when they fail, millions will have been contaminated and herded into the fenced NWO corrals. It'll take a generation to cure, but will achieve a systemic generational world wide "worker/dependency" class. 😎

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Jokes on you.

If Marx was concerned about the educational system and it enabling the upper class kids but disabling the lower classes, then it is very tightly tied into capitalism.

Since that is what enables the upper class to have it's status, the difference in money. That I have to explain this to you, is less me being cryptic, but you talking out of your backside the whole time.

He was pointing out how those in power can use education for exactly what is happening in the US.

You don't say! Why do you think I posted this quote in relation to the topic? And guess who took that quote quiet literal? Can you guess who that was? Maybe related to the term capitalism?

For someone with that big of a mouth initially, you seem very confused and unknowledgable, yet act like I am the one. I am bored now and see no real benefit in perpetuating this further.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The internet really has changed the world more than you know. I think that's one of the problems older generations aren't able to grasp. They cling onto this idea that schools and educational institutions need to be like they were when they were kids, but don't understand that if a kid wants to figure out a math problem they can just whip out a cell phone or watch a Youtube video.

Here's a couple equations for you:

Faster =/= better

Easier =/= better

You might want to study those equations. Sure, if you want to know something that has already been figured out, you can look it up. I do all the time. But what happens when you need to make your own equations to answer a specific question? Answer: you can't do it.

Math, again, is a language. Most people (likely including you, based on your responses thus far) learn how to read the basics... we call that "arithmetic" and it ain't math. It's the beginning of math. It no more means you have grasped the language than just learning the alphabet means you can write a best-selling novel. However, not learning math... in the context of this thread, skipping more math in favor of something like "race theory" or "cultural studies"... means less children able to write math, which means less information for your precious Internet. Same with science, physics, history... I only use math as an example because you brought it up specifically.

It's the modern variation on "copying your neighbor" and it no more means you are capable afterwards than it did back then. All you have learned is how to type into Google.

The main issue with this thread isn't the direction of where education is going, or has potential to go, it's how it's been high jacked by critical race theory.

Being hijacked by anything is, by definition, a new direction. You just made a statement and then contradicted it in one sentence. Congratulations?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I'm not sure. I don't think like that, so its never really crossed my mind. When I did try to understand racism, it generally juat lead to old hatreds, or a lack of familiarity. And it became toxic when those who want control use it as a weapon.
I think what people, the ones you're accusing are simply looking back at European or western colonialism and imperialism.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Asians who excel at education and life are "white supremacists" and using "white supremacist culture" to get ahead is disparaging of black and brown culture.

Why is that? Why do we need to take away traits that make people of any color or creed successful in order to combat so-called "white supremacy" and what do you think the elite who push this stand to gain by indoctrinating us all to this line of thinking - success equals white supremacy?

Simply put:

Today it is more acceptable, almost doctrine, to blame one's own shortcomings on some faceless group.

-The teacher is at fault because I do not listen in class.
-The truck company that built the truck that plowed through our van and killed my mother, brother and father but not me, is at fault. No it's petrol companies at fault. It wasn't the overworked trucker and the circumstances that led to him sleep in behind the wheel.
-If I am late for an appointment, it's the traffic at fault, not me not anticipating the traffic beforehand.
-When the icecream cone slips out of my hands, it's the cones manufactures fault because the cone lacked grip.

What happened to personal accountability?
Answer: My generation and the one that followed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join