It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some US Troops View Capitol Riots and ANTIFA BLM Protests Equally, Worrying Pentagon Leaders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I will get rid of the commentary. This story can stand on its own.

Double standards anyone?

www.stripes.com...

"This is coming from every echelon that we're talking to," said Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Ramón Colón-López. "Some people may think that, 'all right, so the events of 6 January happened. How come you're not looking at the situation that was going on in Seattle prior to that?'"

The military has started a Defense Department-wide effort to educate service members on what constitutes extremist behavior and why it is impermissible in the armed forces.

When questions arose of why last summer's racial injustice protests didn't trigger a similar review of extremist views, tough conversations have followed, "to make sure that military members understand the difference between Seattle and Washington, D.C.," Colón-López said.

"Those are very, very tough conversations to have with people because sometimes they're emotional about the subject," Colón-López said.

"We cannot confuse a First Amendment grievance because of social injustice organization and some of the criminals that latched on to go ahead and loot, destroy and commit other crimes. There's two clear, distinct groups right there," Colón-López said, referring to the difference between peaceful Black Lives Matter protesters and looters who disrupted some of those events.

edit on 20-3-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I love the words used it, there "re education" this bring memories of Nazi era and all those communist and dictators using the military to keep themselves in power.

Interesting times we are living.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

"Those are very, very tough conversations to have with people because sometimes they're emotional about the subject," Colón-López said.

"We cannot confuse a First Amendment grievance because of social injustice organization and some of the criminals that latched on to go ahead and loot, destroy and commit other crimes.
There's two clear, distinct groups right there," Colón-López said, referring to the difference between peaceful Black Lives Matter protesters and looters who disrupted some of those events.

Get. This. F'n. Guy. OUTTA' HERE.

Complete & utter DETACHMENT FROM REALITY.

Everything he said is completely BASS ACKWARDS.

So the "protestors" from throughout 2020... were strictly utilizing freedom of speech to air social injustice grievances? That's it?!?

No federal buildings were attacked with firebombs?

No police precincts set ablaze, and the exits barricaded?

No Ronald McDonald Homes for children with cancer were attacked?

Police weren't shot at in cold blood in Louisville while trying to do crowd management? (I saw that with my own 2 eyes)

No incidents where motorists were stopped in the street and their vehicles damaged?

This guy has the NERVE to compare the small looting which DID happen on Jan 6th to AVALANCHE of looting that occurred all over 2020?

This Colón-López.....did they just let him out of the barracks broom closet last week?! Or is he a clone, or an android, or some other synthetic organism that just came on-line last week?

EMBARRASSMENT to the uniform.

I hope our soldiers have the critical thinking and fortitude to push back hard against this CONSTRUCTED REALITY and even if it's coming from up the chain of command, understand that the heads of our military have been COMPROMISED.

NOW we see why our troops remain garrisoned around DC: to protect lunatic, psychologically damaged "officers" that are issuing unlawful and anti-American edicts.

I don't think some of the top brass that are making these statements have a firm grip on reality.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How were they alike?

One side was allowed to do wtfever they wanted, if you were arrested no charges were brought.

Yet this other side of low hanging fruitty targets CAN WE NOT EXCECUTE THESE GUYS I MEAN CMON MAN

Then one side told me about unity, and I lold

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Me:

Still thinking about Unity

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This Ramón Colón-López guy speaks like a political commissar.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Oh, darn you are now soundings "racist" no more free speech for you my friend, I am canceling your free speech, you need "re education",

edit on 20-3-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This issue is still a huge liberal commie talking point. The 500+ violent protests and riots that went on for months were OK, but the "D.C. insurrection" is the most horrifying thing that ever occurred in the history of America.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Democrats get empowered and emboldened and Voilà guess what starts to happen 🤣🤣

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

The coup attempt on Jan. 6, was an insurrection --- led by Donald J. Trump --- that was preplanned to stop a constitutional process at work in the Capitol building. To compare it to the BLM and antifa protests, is like comparing it to apples and oranges.

edit on 20-3-2021 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

The coup attempt on Jan. 6, was an insurrection --- led by Donald J. Trump --- that was preplanned to stop a constitutional process at work in the Capitol building. To compare it to the BLM and antifa protests, is like comparing it to apples and oranges.

Are you saying there is no record of other groups before Jan 6 storming government buildings to stop government proceedings? Why were those instances not “insurrection”?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You are kidding right?

A couple hundred "Unarmed" loons and idiots out of the 10's of thousands of people who were outside that once inside didn't really do much is an attempt to overthrow the government.... that is funny. Perhaps you don't really know what a coup is?
edit on 20-3-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

🤣🤣🤣

Trump was Commander-in-Chief of the strongest military in History at the time.

If He wanted to "overthrow" the U.S. Government and Congress, I think you would have "KNOWN IT" 🤣🤣🤣

The NWO/Democrat Alliance has millions of people totally bull#ted-up 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If it takes this asshole more than two sentences to explain why there is a difference, that’s proof that there isn’t.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Hey wants some real state in the moon, it comes with free front beach, come and get your acre before is all gone.

Protest in capitol, two killed, attacks of violence by Antifa and BML over 2000 injured, about 47 fatalities including african American directly due to violent attacks.

I fack checked myself.

Chuck Schumer incited violence, threatened SCOTUS justices on steps of Supreme Court only 11 months ago

americanmilitarynews.com...

edit on 20-3-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Pre planned?

100% false

Leftists are pathetic

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hmm he says those conversations are tough because some people feel “emotional” about them.

Pretty sure some look at it logically as well.

What’s his take there? What a jackass.

Someone needs to have a “tough conversation” with him methinks

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Are you saying there is no record of other groups before Jan 6 storming government buildings to stop government proceedings? Why were those instances not “insurrection”?
They are. Look up the word and recall police stations, courthouses, city halls, and the mayors’ houses themselves (!) being targeted.

See if it don’t stick according to Webster’s

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Some interesting speculation here about a 'real estate acquisition plan'.

So I said to the wonderful team-mate who was building this, I said, ‘Do me a favour. I want you to put a box called ‘the Federal Reserve’. And I want you to check the box, there are 12 banks, one headquarters and then the branches, for a total of 37 locations. I want you to check the box wherever in . . . in any city where we have a branch or a bank or the headquarters, I want a check.’ And what we discovered is 34 of the 37 bank locations have riots. And I said, ‘Well, wait a minute, that’s a pattern.’ (laughs) There’s something here. Let’s drill down.’ So we started with Minneapolis and we said, ‘Let’s take the data of all the buildings that were harmed or burned, or businesses and we’ll map it. You know, we’ll do a GIS software and we’ll map where these businesses were and how close they were to the Federal Reserve Bank.’ And so the first thing one did, there’s a . . . there’s a street going across Minneapolis called Lake. And we map them. And one of the things we did when we mapped them was we drew pictures of where the opportunity zones were. Do you know what an opportunity zone is? An opportunity zone is a tax shelter mechanism created in 2018 to help the tech billionaires, as they sold their stock, avoid capital gains. So you can . . . if you’re Jeff Bezos, who sold $10billion of stock this year, if you were to roll over your proceeds into opportunity zone investments and handle it in a certain way, you could avoid all capital gains tax. So this is fantastically profitable. Now, if you look at the riots, when I first saw how all the buildings and businesses destroyed along Lake Street were right at the bottom of the opportunity, I started to laugh and I said, you know, ‘I was Assistant Secretary of Housing. That’s not a riot pattern. That’s a real estate acquisition plan.’

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   
OMG. How deeply in trouble is the USA? Surely this lunacy has to stop. It’s exactly like the Nazi’s. Trouble is, no one stopped them because they couldn’t. The will of good Americans has been sucked from them and their backbone crushed.

This will all end horrifically, and likely not just for the USA. I’m off to stockpile some flint.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join