It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karen freaks out over children climbing a tree, the kids handle it perfectly. This is America.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Very weird, twice I made a post, and none of my text appears
edit on 19-3-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I have a small tree that my neighbor's kids' asked to play in.
I had to tell them no because the tree branches weren't that
strong.I lose branches on it after any strong winds and heavy
rains.I don't think the tree is safe for them to climb and I told
them so.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would of told the broad to take a hike, nothing I hate more than a busybody!

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

That sounds about right, I would not of been polite, one of my biggest pet peeves are busybodies.

And yet your words appear before me.

I'm magic baby!

edit on 19-3-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

That sounds about right, I would not of been polite, one of my biggest pet peeves are busybodies.

And yet your words appear before me.

I'm magic baby!

That is just weird

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

originally posted by: ColeYounger
"Get out of that tree you cursed brats!"

Encounters with the neighborhood witch is one of the funner parts of being a kid! When I was a kid, we had an old hag in our neighborhood that would throw a hissy fit if you so much as stepped onto her lawn. One time she called my friend a "crumb bum" because he ran into her yard to retreive a ball.
Those are some precious memories.
I never really thought of that as being something 'fun', but now that you say it, then yeah I guess it kinda was.

Growing up in a small boring town with nothing going on, stuff like that, at times, could be entertaining. At least it was something, instead of the usual nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You're coming across a little bi-polar here.

All your other posts show that you want the Govt to intrude into every facet of our lives to keep us safe from ourselves.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wish the kids started screaming, PREDATOR, PREDATOR!!!! and pointing at her...

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

If you have to reply to NarcolepticBudda, always watch for the < - (space intended) right before the [/quote].

I have never been sure if that was intentional on the poster's part or not, but the code on this site does not allow those two symbols together so you have to delete them to have your reply work correctly.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

I get the gist of your argument.

But the Predator was generally up the trees if memory serves.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
And here, I thought it was magic!!

Thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Thanks

It drove me nuts once trying to figure it out.

So far it is in two of his posts on the thread...

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Thanks

It drove me nuts once trying to figure it out.

So far it is in two of his posts on the thread...

It had me perplexed.. befuddled even!

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks! I needed a big chuckle today.

Karen be like "Get off your tree!"

'Original' version:

Peter Koelewijn - kom van dat dak af (Lyrics English translation: Get off that roof top!)
edit on 19-3-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Question.
Kid falls out of tree and breaks leg.
Parents sue his homeowners policy and his rates go up.
A lot.

Is this a concern?

See, I've never climbed a tree......I'm more of a person who would pick a flower or something

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Where i lived us kids would go out to play at 9.00 at night in the hot part of summer.

Why because the day time temps were around 115 to 120 degrees during the day
try to slide a slide or any touch metal heated by the sun on one of those day, and you could get burned.

But once the sun went down we could play without getting burned.

Yes we had neighbors call the cops, but the cops had lived there for many years and had kids of their own and understood why we played at night.

I remember many days when we carried a canteen of cold water just to walk to a friends house a couple blocks away.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Ha....a person like that would be miserable in my neighborhood. There are dozens of kids from 2 to 14 and they all are in everyone's yards climbing trees and on trampolines and on tree swings in everyone else's front yards.

I kinda love that I don't have to deal with stupid here.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   

There has always been crazy old anal bitches on this planet. For some reason, they want perfection — when in heavens waiting room. Nothing new.

You should have seen my grandma. She made that woman look like an angel.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Also of note....she was walking her dog, outside on the street, with a mask on....so.....I'd take a bet that she is a grumpy, divorced, old lady because she gained her feminist roots during the Obama years....

Divide and conquer to double your workforce right? Imagine how much more companies can make when BOTH parents work and are competing for "head of household". /diatribe

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You cannot climb a tree on someone's property without permission. I spent a lot of time climbing trees when I was a kid, and the rule was the same. It is a liability issue, the woman is right to question the kid and tell him to get down, especially when the homeowner is not home. What happens if that kid gets hurt, it could be a lawsuit.

If I caught a kid climbing a tree on my property, I would demand the kid come down too. If you allow it and the kid gets hurt, it could mean you lose your house. Now, you can get sued if your grandkid falls out of a tree and the kid is on medicaid, medicaid makes the parents go after the homeowner or landlord before they pay a dime.

Like I said, things have not changed, these rules were in place over sixty years ago when I was a kid. The kid should have immediately gotten down from the tree instead of talking back to that woman who probably lived in that neighborhood. The kid was a little smartass, that kind of attitude would never have been tolerated when I was young. Almost everyone in the town I lived in would have called the cops on that kid and the cops would have brought the kid home and had a talk with his parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join