It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Social Distancing Guidelines Seem Arbitrary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Guess what...

Remember that 6 ft. 'Social Distancing' rule the CDC held over our heads for the past year?
Well, your kids can now forget that...the distance has been cut in half to 3 ft. in classrooms by the CDC.
Why?
Who knows?
It probably has something to do with the amount of desks that can be squeezed into existing over-crowded classrooms.

It might also have to do with a recent study from Massachusetts, which found no difference in infection rates in students between using a 3 ft. or a 6 ft. social distance in classrooms.

Head of the CDC's community interventions task force, Greta Massetti, states: “we don’t really have the evidence that 6 feet is required in order to maintain low spread.”
apnews.com...
(bold mine)

So the kids are getting a break in the classroom. Bully.
Everybody else...Everywhere else?...STILL 6 ft. for Social Distancing guidelines.

Does this make any sense?
No...It makes no sense, whatsoever.
If proof now exists that 6ft. social distancing is no different/safer than 3 ft. social distancing...to the point that our children are now using the 3 ft. standard in classrooms...WHY can't the CDC eliminate the 6 ft. rule for everyone?

Answer: C-O-N-T-R-O-L
There can be no other explanation.

Source Article:

CDC Now Says 3-Foot Social Distancing for Classrooms Is Okay

Schools can safely seat students three feet apart in classrooms, rather than six feet, says new guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released Friday. Children must still wear masks, however.

pjmedia.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Agreed on all fronts.

and just a thought I had driving to work listening to these CDC guidelines on the radio .

Why is it that this Civilian organization the CDC that focuses on making a $$ Profit at the end of each fiscal year , is being held responsible to hold our best interest at heart ?

While there main interest is Money and no doubt Power .

Oh well
edit on 19-3-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: typo / grammar

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I hope that by Indenpendence Day we're allowed to be 2.5 feet social distancing and only wearing 174 masks to prevent a virus that has a 99% survival rate.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

All the covid guidelines are arbitrary. My favourite is the, masks inside all public spaces...unless you're sitting at a table in which case, all good no Rona. Get up to piss though, mask's gotta go back on, the second you stand up, you immediately are at risk of contracting covid. As long as your ass is in a chair with a table in front of you, #ing instant immunity.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You know what it really is?

They know kids are unlikely to have it period below a certain age, so they really don't need to be spaced out to spread what they don't have. They can't admit that though because they've been fear-mongering for the teachers for so long.
edit on 19-3-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

My favorite is masking for basketball.

They all play without on the courts and bang right up into each other, but as soon as they sit on the bench, they slap that mask on as if they just weren't all up close and personal with everyone else also on the bench.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Remember all those restaurants, bars and other businesses that have had to cut their occupancy by 50% or more for over a year...losing billions of dollars?

Turns out the CDC was wrong.
Oh well.
edit on 19-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Guess there was no REAL need for mail-in voting either.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Oh...and keeping election observers on the other side of the room during vote counting?
Not really necessary.
Oh, well.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I would Love to Exchange Spit with the Heads of the CDC , Freakin' Lyin' Bastids !

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
They have to make it chaotic and complicated so Dr Fauci can come along and redefine anything he wants to redefine 😃

edit on Mar-19-2021 by xuenchen because: colors

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Agreed on all fronts.

and just a thought I had driving to work listening to these CDC guidelines on the radio .

Why is it that this Civilian organization the CDC that focuses on making a $$ Profit at the end of each fiscal year , is being held responsible to hold our best interest at heart ?

While there main interest is Money and no doubt Power .

Oh well

The CDC is Federal government .

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If I owned a bar/restaurant, I'd be pretty p!ssed off right about now.

Apparently children (not known for their attention to hygiene and good social practices) can safely be in closer proximity than adults?

How long until commercial venues follow suit, and 3' distancing is applied in those settings? Is this admission that the 6' distancing guideline was excessive?

How can businesses recoup lost revenue from reduced capacity when 6' distancing was the standard (vs the new 3' guideline)?

What comes after 3' distancing? 1.5' or no guideline on distancing?

This all has been arbitrary from the get go.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well, at 6 feet in classrooms the governing bodies would have to pay to make larger classrooms.

With 6 feet rules in public, the business owners have to pay.

Follow that thar money.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

All capacity restrictions have been lifted here for the most part.

One thing we find very amusing is how you walk in masked, sit down, and that magic shield snaps up to allow you to unmask at your table.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Masking is akin to kneeling.

It's only about power, control, and social engineering.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

To be fair, there is the arguable view that masking offers a slight prophylactic effect by keeping gobs of diseased spit and snot more or less confined to their place of origin ... but otherwise, I agree absolutely.

It's subjugation and permission/ need to BE subjugated.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Masking is akin to kneeling.

It's only about power, control, and social engineering.

Sadly, I think this is true, and I think there are more than a few places where the masks would be gone if it weren't for worry of "outsiders" coming around that could report a place for slipping mandate protocols.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The whole thing stinks of stupid on our end and nefarious plans on "their" end.

I truly hope it's rank paranoia.... buuuuut history.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Unless you are in Michigan. They feel they know even more than the CDC, I guess.

Lockdowns are now a part of an official state of Michigan plan for future pandemics.

One page of the plan from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services lists several state responses. These include: “cancelling mass gatherings of more than 10 people” and “limit unnecessary movement in the community/shelter-in-place.” The updated plan was released in December, and it has gone largely unnoticed.

www.michigancapitolconfidential.com...

Report from December 2020:

Community NPI: Social distancing (> 6 feet), cancellingmass gatherings of more than 10 people (e.g., school/daycare/ university/church/concert/theater), as feasible, implement teleworking for businesses, restrict non-essential access to assisted living/nursing facility care centers, limit unnecessary movement in the community/shelter-in-place.

LINK IS A PDF
www.michigan.gov...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join