It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bone Broth Fast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightHawk

Hahahaha! I was going to blast you!

Not bone broth quickly.

Bone broth diet fast.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Just a few problems, with the protein it's technically not fasting and your body won't switch to autophagy, let alone start dismantling ketone.
What you do is just a very unbalanced diet.

Real fasting with self healing benefits you start with emptying your bowel, 2.5 litre tea with very little honey and if you like a little vegetable juice (1cup per day) because fruit has too much sugar, plus moving as much as possible.

Everything else is giving your body nutrients with them no autophagy, no ketone burning, no healing.

And your weight will be back in no time too, guaranteed.

edit on 19-3-2021 by Peeple because: Claire!

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My idea of fasting is the 15 minutes it takes me to drive to McDonalds, but good luck!

🍔🍟😎👍

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I prefer my monkey brains cooked.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Second this.

Since I started exercise, I've put on weight, but all the clothing I was wearing before still fits, so clearly the extra 10 lbs has not gone to my waist line. If anything, clothes are tight around my quads and my shoulders. So I've put on muscle.

My husband is working with this trap now - he wants to lose belly fat, but he's working out. So the weight comes off one place and goes on another in the form of muscle.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Second this.

Since I started exercise, I've put on weight, but all the clothing I was wearing before still fits, so clearly the extra 10 lbs has not gone to my waist line. If anything, clothes are tight around my quads and my shoulders. So I've put on muscle.

My husband is working with this trap now - he wants to lose belly fat, but he's working out. So the weight comes off one place and goes on another in the form of muscle.

I am going to start resistance and weight training after the diet/fast. But there is no point in doing heavy lifting and exercise during the fast. You aren't getting enough calories in the diet I am currently in to think of doing that. It is only a one time fast.

I've done weight lifting in the past for years. I let it go in 2012. And slowly over the years since I have kinda gotten out of shape. Now I'm slowly getting back into shape. I started last year with a Candida cleanse that took two months, lost 30 lbs doing a keto diet. Now I'm in the 21 day diet/fast. Afterward I plan on getting a good weight set and bench press again.

I maybe can start doing push-ups and burpies. Actually that is a good idea. Actually today I took a long walk on the beach, man it was crowded too, no social distancing at all! And felt great. I might start on the burpies tonight and push-ups tonight.

I remember doing it with a guide online oh a decade ago in a month or two I was up to 100 push-ups. I did a search and found the website it is still up. Ima start with this!

100 Pushups Challenge
edit on 19-3-2021 by MidnightHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Interesting. I need to do the bone broth thing. Fasting is not really something I do well, but adding bone broth to my diet would likely have great benefits for my shoulder healing process.

General question (for anyone) - How many bones do you need to make bone broth? Whenever we have something with bones in it it doesn't seem like there'd be enough bones there to make the broth, so what do you do then? Freeze them till you get enough? How much is enough?

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Bone Broth recipe from Nom Nom Paleo

Here's a couple sources we use for guides. We usually sort of wing it between the two and add whatever bones we can get between grocery and butcher. I like adding pig trotters when I can get them for the connective tissue. If I'm doing poultry, you're looking for the feet, wing tips, etc., to add that connective tissue.

Generally, with a poultry, we like to use a whole turkey carcass and/or a chicken carcass, plus assorted bits and pieces. We like to add organs like livers and other giblets along with standard stock veggies. Roasting all of that helps deepen flavor. We'll throw in any leftover herbs we might have sitting around.

With beef we go with neck, knuckle, marrow, ox tail, trotter and meaty shank. Same drill as above with poultry - throw in extra organ bits, sometimes poultry livers or calf liver and stock veggies ... leftover herbs.

And since we've been work from home, we'll let the pot simmer on low for a couple days ... until the bones start to get soft. It takes longer with beef/pork than it will with poultry of course.

We'll take the pot off at night and just start it up again the next morning. You can speed the process up considerably with a pressure cooker or instant pot, of course.

We also made some of this stuff which can be used in place of Worcestershire, but the bits left over can be dried out and we tend to toss them into our stock and they add a really nice umami to it. We're going to have to make more soon because we're running out.

edit on 20-3-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Interesting. I need to do the bone broth thing. Fasting is not really something I do well, but adding bone broth to my diet would likely have great benefits for my shoulder healing process.

General question (for anyone) - How many bones do you need to make bone broth? Whenever we have something with bones in it it doesn't seem like there'd be enough bones there to make the broth, so what do you do then? Freeze them till you get enough? How much is enough?

That video ketsuko posted was great. My wife has a smaller slow cooker than what was used in the video. I asked her she said she usually throws 4 bones in at a time.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Ours honestly is somewhere between true bone broth and extra collagen heavy stock. We tend to use it like stock.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I buy the short rib bones with meat on them. I just cook them together. I like to get a decent (several big sized bones) amount because I like a nice rich stock.
edit on 20-3-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Eat the chewy cartilage off those chicken limbs. Collagen.
This is old Negro advice I was given to recover more quickly from boxing injuries.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Can't you easily get bones from your own cattle?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join