It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Bank Warns Of A "Biblical" Surge In Food Prices

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is a Hard Article to read.

Then Pharaoh said to Joseph: “Behold, in my dream I stood on the bank of the river. Suddenly seven cows came up out of the river, fine looking and fat; and they fed in the meadow. Then behold, seven other cows came up after them, poor and very ugly and gaunt, such ugliness as I have never seen in all the land of Egypt. And the gaunt and ugly cows ate up the first seven, the fat cows. When they had eaten them up, no one would have known that they had eaten them, for they were just as ugly as at the beginning. So I awoke.” - Genesis 41:17-21
With food prices following gas prices it might be time to stockpile some of those long-lasting pantry items. My wife makes good bread. I'm lucky.

Key feed and food prices have been pulled to 9-month and 7-year highs

We explore the ‘dream’ of Biblical scarcity; its origins and impacts; and draw comparisons with Joseph, the trader and central planner who avoided starvation for ancient Egypt Insert: I wonder if our Joe (the one being challenged to live debates on the World Stage) has the biblical wisdom? HAHAHAHAHA

One point is clear: global food insecurity falls heaviest on lower income, importing nations, who spend a far greater share of their income on food than the richer ones

The Fed would play an ironic role in this process even as it embraces fighting poverty and inequality alongside inflation

This could exacerbate (geo)political risk – potentially even regarding institutional architecture

It also looks like china is driving this whole mess from behind the scenes.

#2 China is driving demand. It is aggressively bidding for supplies to fill shortfalls and pad inventories (see Figure 4). Convalescence from dual pandemics --African Swine Fever and Covid-19-- has led to a surge in agri import demand, and hence global prices. The most remarkable increases have been in feed grain, the energy source for animal protein and ethanol: China’s imports of these have risen almost three-fold in a year to address a structural supply gap that cannot be addressed by domestic production. Indeed, China is so stretched for feed it is resorting to using old domestic wheat reserves for livestock -- 35m metric tonnes this year alone, equivalent to Canada’s production-- in addition to vegetable oil, and even pig lard.

China’s moves are singlehandedly testing supply chains to their limits. The saving grace for global markets has been that world demand across many of China’s favoured imports was absent or squeezed until now; when it returns, global supplies could be stretched further.
Funny, isn't it? I mean ... somebody had to come along and topple US.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have stored a bunch of oats and wheat. Stored a bunch of beans and flour, powdered milk and eggs, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Start stocking up folks. This stopped being a drill some time ago.
edit on 3 19 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You will be sound troops, the real question you have to ask is what do bankers taste like?

I suppose its all in the secret sauce.

Anyroad they should be the first to go.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Don't worry.
This is all a part of China's "peaceful rise to power".

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Plant big gardens and dry/can as much produce as you can... you won't be able to afford electricity to run a freezer the way things are going.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's ok, Just eat the rich.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Its hard to feed millions of people by picking the bones of a few hundred billionaires.

It would be fun while it lasted.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

"It would be fun while it lasted."

Should that not be the billionaires line?

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If you have the opportunity to go solar, wind, and other methods to help augment cooling for long term storage it's worth the investment.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You ever notice how the term "biblical" is used, it almost always means something epically bad is happening.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's what happens when mans fear and fallibility run wild with the creation of religious scripture, its all about control.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's what happens when mans fear and fallibility run wild with the creation of religious scripture, its all about control.

On that point Andy, I couldn’t agree with you more.
It’s always about control.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We are down to fifty pounds of flour, I think we should maybe get another ten five pounds bags in stock, we got room in the pantry and it has all been rotated properly and is less than six months old. Also, I guess I should plant more potatoes for next winter, we usually keep at least fifty pounds in stock but the deer eat most of those, I bet we go through twenty pounds of potatoes and five pounds of carrots a week feeding the deer. But they are our homeless friends, we have to feed the homeless. They do mow the grass in the summer and fertilize the lawn. Does that mean I own slaves?

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
With a NET INCREASE of around 80 million humans per year (yes, that’s an INCREASE, taking into account all deaths) I think food shortages are a very real threat for the future

And when the shortages come, I don’t think anyone’s gonna be joking about eating rich people, as though they’re somehow at fault for the massive overpopulation of the planet

An EXTRA billion people every decade is not an insignificant number. Apart from in the western world, food supply is already an issue for the vast majority of people

Mass starvation is not a pleasant prospect

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

This is what the left voted for.

This is what they want.

*shrugs*

I hope everyone that voted for Biden goes hungry.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Its hard to feed millions of people by picking the bones of a few hundred billionaires.

Well, then we just move on to liberals.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

That is a FAR FAR smaller minority than the media will have you believe

It’ll run out quicker than toilet paper

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

That is a FAR FAR smaller minority than the media will have you believe

It’ll run out quicker than toilet paper

Fear not, for we still have the communists.

I'm a forward thinker as you can see.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Plant big gardens and dry/can as much produce as you can... you won't be able to afford electricity to run a freezer the way things are going.

Ummm...yessir...I’m putting up a geodesic dome greenhouse in a couple of weeks...stocked up on lots of heirloom seed and 40,000 sugar beet seeds...just got a 36lb bucket of honey yesterday...Also over 200lbs of raw cane sugar stored along with all kinds of dried beans etc...My stainless 12 tray dehydrator is humming along in the background with apples and bananas...I just bagged a gallon of dehydrated pears this morning...which I will then freeze to extract any residual moisture...and grind up into a course powder...along with ground mixed nuts and ground (powdered) dried beef and rendered beef tallow for pemmican...with a little of that honey and a touch of cayenne and cumin and sea salt...natch...

It’s so damned delicious and so densely packed with nutrition...

I’m also going to be trying some powdered fish pemmican in the next day or so...some cod...haddock...and maybe some salmon...I think I’ll forego the sweet of the fruit and honey and just use ground mixed nuts and some savory spices for the fish...

I’m setting up vertical hydroponic trees for the greenhouse and will eventually expand it into an aquaponic system with tilapia or some other fast growth fish species...

That’s my focus for the present...and the government stimulus gravy will fund the project...

I’m building my own geodesic dome and hydroponic systems...all out of PVC pipe...the dome will have layers of greenhouse plastic on both the outside...and inside for airspace insulation...with solar powered fan venting to keep an optimal temp through a thermostat...the solar will also supply power to the only other powered system as well...the pumps for the hydroponic system...which will be twelve volt dc marine bilge pumps or inverted aquarium water pumps...

Seems prudent...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

My god man! Why would you eat those foil tasting fruit?
Carny folk. Their small hands and little fingers, roasted with a Diane sauce. Delicacy and they taste like cabbage!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join