It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking About Moving To St. Augustine Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Anyone here ever lived there...or is currently from the area?

Missus and I are checking Realtor.com every morning...and currently getting our mid-west home ready to sell.
Ready to have some sun and sea...and I've always dreamed of a pool in my own backyard.

It's amazing how fast newly-listed homes go up for sale and quickly get sold in this area (2-3 days)...and from talking with realtors there, most are going to folks out of state, who buy them based solely on the photos.

Every day, we see a new home we fall in love with...and are frustrated because we still can't get our painters back to finish the last three rooms (someone on their crew had Covid)...but each day, the desire to move gets a little stronger.

I've never before bought a home over the Internet...but, in this case, it appears you just have to act fast and pounce...in order to get the one you want.

I don't like doing that (sight unseen)...but, unless you make your offer quickly, someone gets it first.

Anyone else buy a home in this manner?

edit on 18-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Make sure you have enough guest rooms and cold beverages for your pals.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Can one of you or both head down to Florida for a week and make an offer on a home you can actually look at?

Buying a home sight unseen is something I've done, but the situation was a tax sale and it was less than $25000 with the subdivision of land covering any losses we might face.

You could run into any manner of issues with foundations/HVAC/water/mold damage.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Next to the pool and ocean...#1 priority.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Can one of you or both head down to Florida for a week and make an offer on a home you can actually look at?

Buying a home sight unseen is something I've done, but the situation was a tax sale and it was less than $25000 with the subdivision of land covering any losses we might face.

You could run into any manner of issues with foundations/HVAC/water/mold damage.

I will fly down, if possible...but my wife was a realtor and in the home-building biz for years and knows what to look for and ask about. She shoots down most of my faves on a regular basis...generally because they're too big, old, and probably once owned by some dead gangster.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Next to the pool and ocean...#1 priority.

I like that you're getting a pool too, once we drop DB in you'll only need a glass of water to fill it up.

link   
Only advice I have is to fly in.

If you drive you have to go through Georgia, and you'll never forgive yourself.

Been to Florida three times now and I'll never go back... But I guess some people are into that kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

There will also be crab legs galore.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I might let her fly down. 😂

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Hopefully jellyfish too but mostly on his face and back.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Been to Florida three times now and I'll never go back... But I guess some people are into that kind of thing.

Driven through GA before...Never again.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Hopefully jellyfish too but mostly on his face and back.

Yeah...why DB chose 'Crab Legs Galore' as his stripper name...I'll never know.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Don’t forget to check the “half back states” as we call them around here. Those are the states that people travel through to get to Florida, and once they realize just how miserable the heat can be, they move somewhere half way back from their original home.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Don’t forget to check the “half back states” as we call them around here. Those are the states that people travel through to get to Florida, and once they realize just how miserable the heat can be, they move somewhere half way back from their original home.

Actually, one of the reasons we are looking in the top of Fla.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Been all over Florida and our favorite beach is Cresent Beach just south of St.Augustine. It is a great location you got Jacksonville for an airport that isn't too far away. Savannah is a day trip, beaches are gorgeous.

It is a beautiful area, when I get rich gonna have a condo on the beach there and a cabin in the North Georgia mountains. Winter and Spring in Florida Summer and Fall in Georgia.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He'll be crashing at your pad during hurricane season, so it should all even out.

TAT, St. Augustine from what I've heard is a really cool town--beautiful, historic and maybe a bit artsy too.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Been all over Florida and our favorite beach is Cresent Beach just south of St.Augustine. It is a great location you got Jacksonville for an airport that isn't too far away. Savannah is a day trip, beaches are gorgeous.

It is a beautiful area, when I get rich gonna have a condo on the beach there and a cabin in the North Georgia mountains. Winter and Spring in Florida Summer and Fall in Georgia.

LOVE Savannah, too.
St. Augustine has the rich history, style and entertainment we both love.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Driven through GA before...Never again.

That is so funny Georgia to Florida is nothing compared to the 1-20 run through Bama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and into Texas

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I didn't live there but lived close enough to visit.

St. Augustine is an absolutely magical place.
Totally one of my favorite places on earth.
If you are into history, pirates, spiritual things, this is the place to be.
Also really cool architecture. Sound weird, but there is a fort with the most beautiful canons I've ever seen.

Word of caution, Florida is really weird when it comes to houses/neighborhoods.
There are some nice houses situated next to some really sketchy areas.
I personally would not purchase without seeing it with my own eyes and a drive around the neighborhood...
The East Coast of Florida has massive drug problems, some areas much worse than others...

edit on 18-3-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He'll be crashing at your pad during hurricane season, so it should all even out.

TAT, St. Augustine from what I've heard is a really cool town--beautiful, historic and maybe a bit artsy too.

"Cool, beautiful, historic and a bit artsy" describes me to T.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join