It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific questions to ask a dead person & why other beings can exist beyond what we see

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Historically humans have grappled with how we apply science to testimony and rightly so. We want to be able to prove to someone else without a reasonable doubt things that we cannot explain. There's trouble with this though, as the scientific tools we use are still underdeveloped for such a monumentous task. Yet, we're expecting current science to prove or disprove God, ghosts, aliens, and more.

Science is not useless, this should be obvious with our technology and understanding of our world today, may topics are being proven or disproven daily in our dynamic world.

This also does not mean your testimony is useless, but it does mean testimony cannot constitute absolute proof for another person. In this case, I encourage others to not try to prove truth, but help others find the truth for themselves. As Neil deGrasse Tyson describes in the video, I cannot prove Jesus Christ is your saviour. But, I can say he is mine, tell my story, and help others walk the path until they have a "seeing faith" rather than blind trust (just like the disciples in Acts). I found Christ's cross-examinations by Pharisees, government, witnesses, disciples and others to be scientific in that they were looking to understand the mechanism rather than just trusting what they've heard. Arguing about Bible truth or what discovered relics tell us is wasted breath without at least personal validation.

Neil talks about Near / Beyond Death Experiences, some religion, dimensions beyond our perception, and the reality that our seemingly wonderous intelligence just may not be enough to understand it all. I found his questions for a dead person to be the most interesting:

I used to believe that only what can be seen is real. This (as a personal testimony) has been disproven to me.

What have you experienced that cannot be proven?

Have you even had proof disprove your experience?

Are we more willing to trust unusual experiences or be skeptical and fall short of obtaining proof?

Do you disagree with what's said in the video? Why so?

edit on 17-3-2021 by saint4God because: Corrected Neil's last name. Less pronouns, more detail

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I do believe in the existence of the soul, I had an experience when very young but the interesting part is that one of my sons had a similar experience at a similar age.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
I do believe in the existence of the soul, I had an experience when very young but the interesting part is that one of my sons had a similar experience at a similar age.

I'm interested in hearing more if you're willing to detail.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

Current science is only just coming to terms with the ideas of parallel reality's and other dimensions as well as actual other universe that may sometimes coincide with our own altering our own universe inherent rules and the way it work's.

Current science is only just coming to terms with the concept of vibrational planes of reality and projected universe.

But over a hundred years ago, for an unknown amount of time before that this knowledge was already encoded in many of the worlds religions if in a distorted fashion and mediums used the term altering there vibrations to pass to other realms in there out of body state or psychic projection (remote viewing) state of mind.

The soul is real, what it is however is a mystery, the Spirit too is real and that is basically another you.

You may potentially have many body's and be a being that while you live in this reality also live in a vast array of parallel worlds living out parallel lives in them, they are you yet not you but still bound to you, if one of your body's dies the supporting framework of there existences would maintain you perhaps but that would only be an odd's on chance of continued survival after death but throw into that the soul and spirit and possible so called astral or celestial body's and you have a more than even chance of surviving - in a form of consciousness - in that state after the death of your physical body but I would guess other than possible intuitive nature you would be like a child having to learn to walk in that new state of existence.

Personally I am a Christian, not perhaps a perfect one or one that claims to understand and I do have a wandering mind so have a layman's interests in the sciences so I believe that life after death does exist but more accurately I believe the death of the body is NOT death it is just a state change in our existence and our life continues, that is not to say we can not die as I am sure there are many thing's that can both harm, corrupt, destroy or absolutely kill a soul, albeit perhaps not every part of it across a multiverse and multiple parallel reality nature.

If we have a soul then likely any conscious being has one, sentient or not.

That mean's there may be an entire new ecology to have to learn in that other state of being or perhaps due to our differences we actually gravitate to different plain's and we live on one while other species may live on another.

That said I doubt even in the physical world that we are alone in the universe or the first race that God created on this planet so we may find ourselves having to learn the law's and mannerisms of a far more ancient and vastly more advanced civilization that is just not on our physical plain but that is at least partially in that other state of being.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Okay, but how exactly do you get a dead person to answer you?

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
While I am tempted to crack a joke I have to say YOU DO NOT, you should NEVER open that door.

Be glad if you think you have never seen or spoken to a dead person but you know you just may have only they are not actually dead just not physically the same as you are now.

Some you may speak to and they may just nod at you, you would never know that you had just seen a spirit.

But I assure you it is better not to open that door both for fear of the bad thing's that may be as locked out of this world as you are from there's and for the psychological damage that trying to do so could do to you.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Something I discovered that appears to be relevant to the discussion.

The last 2000 years according to the bible have been abnormal. Why? Because there has been a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse running. According to the book of Hosea and the "day of Jezreel" prophecy the Jews and Israelites were to face a curse that was 2000 years on earth long. And if you look at the history of the past 2000 years they appear to be serving it.

So I would point out because of this curse that we don't know what "normal" actually is. This world we're in at the moment is actually one that is cut off from it's God.

Also according to the prophecy the following 1000 years are going to be abnormal in the opposite direction. Possibly to the point of being able to ask "God" a question and have him or a representative of him answer it. And "saints" walking about with actual super powers. Sighting of Angels and other beings could become a common experience.

So just saying reality as we know it is abnormal and it appears that it's about to undergo a massive change. And by my best guesses it's going to occur within the next 20 years. More than likely in the next 10.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It's a bit tricky to ask scientific questions and get real answers if you can't open the door and get a good look at the puzzle you want to solve.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Your post makes a lot of sense. There would be far fewer conflicts between individuals, organizations, and countries, if each person were allowed to find his/her own path, and not be judged by others.

S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It's a bit tricky to ask scientific questions and get real answers if you can't open the door and get a good look at the puzzle you want to solve.

Science will never provide your answers to the spiritual realms.

I pretty much believe the same as Lab and am also a Christian. The dead sleep and know nothing accordinf to scripture. At best, you would be talking to a "familiar spirit" who knew and could mimic a relative. My personal belief.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

A very good question and I'm not sure it's one of those things a person can cause to happen...or at least not something you would WANT to cause to happen. I think it's one of those, "if is does happen..." sort of scenarios.
edit on 17-3-2021 by saint4God because: pronoun

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
While I am tempted to crack a joke I have to say YOU DO NOT, you should NEVER open that door.

I'll agree with you. I've not had any direct interaction with spirits, but have been around when others have. A few rounds with the Devil himself was enough for me.
edit on 17-3-2021 by saint4God because: plurality

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Current science is only just coming to terms with the ideas of parallel reality's and other dimensions as well as actual other universe that may sometimes coincide with our own altering our own universe inherent rules and the way it work's.

Current science is only just coming to terms with the concept of vibrational planes of reality and projected universe.

But over a hundred years ago, for an unknown amount of time before that this knowledge was already encoded in many of the worlds religions if in a distorted fashion and mediums used the term altering there vibrations to pass to other realms in there out of body state or psychic projection (remote viewing) state of mind.

The soul is real, what it is however is a mystery, the Spirit too is real and that is basically another you.

You may potentially have many body's and be a being that while you live in this reality also live in a vast array of parallel worlds living out parallel lives in them, they are you yet not you but still bound to you, if one of your body's dies the supporting framework of there existences would maintain you perhaps but that would only be an odd's on chance of continued survival after death but throw into that the soul and spirit and possible so called astral or celestial body's and you have a more than even chance of surviving - in a form of consciousness - in that state after the death of your physical body but I would guess other than possible intuitive nature you would be like a child having to learn to walk in that new state of existence.

Personally I am a Christian, not perhaps a perfect one or one that claims to understand and I do have a wandering mind so have a layman's interests in the sciences so I believe that life after death does exist but more accurately I believe the death of the body is NOT death it is just a state change in our existence and our life continues, that is not to say we can not die as I am sure there are many thing's that can both harm, corrupt, destroy or absolutely kill a soul, albeit perhaps not every part of it across a multiverse and multiple parallel reality nature.

If we have a soul then likely any conscious being has one, sentient or not.

That mean's there may be an entire new ecology to have to learn in that other state of being or perhaps due to our differences we actually gravitate to different plain's and we live on one while other species may live on another.

That said I doubt even in the physical world that we are alone in the universe or the first race that God created on this planet so we may find ourselves having to learn the law's and mannerisms of a far more ancient and vastly more advanced civilization that is just not on our physical plain but that is at least partially in that other state of being.

great post! I feel like you hit every point and summed that up very nicely

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I suppose in Krishna consciousness every body is dead - only the spirit keeps it animated.
When the spirit leaves that body, the body is still present, all the chemicals are there.
But it is no longer alive.

So, essentially, talking to another person is talking to a ghost or a spirit.
Just it is inside a body, but we often mistake that meat body as the person.

Similarly, for example, when we move from the body of a tiny baby to a big strong man we have reincarnated.
We have changed bodies - yes in one lifetime we have reincarnated!
So when this body is no longer useful the process continues in another body.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That's what science is all about. That's what it does.

We can't really "see" below the atomic level, but science gives us a reasonably clear picture of what's there. We can't see a neutron, but we know the average number of neutrons in a cobalt atom.

We can't really "see" distant planets even with our best telescopes, but science and math give us a good idea of their mass, chemical composition, and orbits.

The problem comes when there are things that we can see, but can't explain through science. We can see the effects of gravity, but we still don't know what it is. We can see the effects of time, we still don't know exactly what it is.

What we "see" is inherently limited because our eyes can only detect photons in a limited frequency band. There are an infinite number of frequencies we can't see. We can still detect and use some of them, though.

String Theory tells us there are at least 11 dimensions. There is still a lot out there we have yet to discover.

As the Vulcans say, Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Torture them until they break.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   

. . . , we're expecting current science to prove or disprove God, ghosts, aliens, and more.

If you want to study Beings such as these, I would suggest leaving cultural influences at the door. That includes science as a cultural influence. I would also suggest leaving western psychology behind as well; both Jungian and Freudian psychology.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

That, is actually a very good question.

I find most of the dead humans to be silent and use a form of charades in place of thought. Most folks, dead or alive, don't seem to know how to project their thoughts to hold a conversation.

In a practical sense, speech using language such as English is not that common, especially with non-humans. Perhaps silent speech (telepathy) is a skill both parties need to learn.

There is a certain charm in speechless communications. Then the focus is on communicating feelings and memories, those speak far louder than words.

To converse with the eyes alone,
conveys with certainty,
meaning words can never attain.

edit on 18-3-2021 by NobodySpecial268 because: added reply to TzarChasm

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

The problem / challenge (depending on how you look at it) is...in order to prove the things you describe you first have to prove a whole lot of other things which are far less pleasant, things mankind will have a pretty strong aversion to accepting. One of these things is the absolute insignificance of mankind in the whole scheme of things. It's a red pill / blue pill thing, but on a scale orders of magnitude beyond that which any movie could ever characterize. In fact, I believe that the human mind will self destruct before it gets anywhere close to understanding these things. In other words, science is only as advanced as the human mind can comprehend, not because we're limited by it, but rather because it represents a rubicon we are mentally unwilling to cross.

ETA - All you have to do is look a dead person in the eyes immediately following death (horrific, I know). Something happens right at that moment, and it has nothing to do with physiology. There's an "energy" which changes states in an instant, and it's very profound. Your answer lies in truly understanding exactly what happens precisely at that moment.
edit on 3/18/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree

Torture them until they break.

That's called an autopsy and last time I checked corpses don't usually talk during that process.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We do not have a mind that is conscious, but a consciousness that is perceived as mind. Mind is nothing more than the qualitative (ie, quale) experience (sensation) of consciousness, which gave rise to the erroneous belief that we have a soul or spirit.

Most my life I accepted that we have a soul or spirit, did a lot of quality research, asked a lot of right and proper questions, and in the end, what I state in my first short paragraph is what I came to conclude. Once you understand mind to be the quale experience of consciousness, then you are able to see the illusory aspect of mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join