It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wonder years, another reboot nobody wanted.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I’m sure it will be full of woke garbage and PC nonsense that seems to permeate all television nowadays.

I’ll take a hard pass on it.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why Hollywood insists on doing this crap with pre-existing titles rather than just putting the show out as it's own IP. Seems rather insulting to minorities for this crap to constantly happen... sort of like saying "Well, you colored folks clearly can't break ground yourselves and be successful on your own, so we are going to take this existing title and throw you in as recast leads in the hopes of drawing in the audience from the original show and who knows? Maybe they'll stay for the spectacle. We just don't believe you can draw viewers on your own merits nor is the idea of this show strong enough to draw viewers without the fans of the show we are stealing from."

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Will Marilyn Manson be coming back to play Paul?

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

originally posted by: Encia22

I think what made all the old shows so special is that we actually "lived" those experiences with the characters as if they were our own. There were less distractions (internet, cell phones, etc.), so we absorbed the deeper messages they contained. Today, attention spans are in short supply, not to mention, the myriad of crap content that makes up so-called entertainment.

I just watched 'The Big Interview With Dan Rather', with Carol Burnett.

She was saying that she hasn't liked any newer sitcoms for a long time. He asked her the difference between TV today versus 'classic' sitcoms. Then she quoted somebody else that said...

"The writers of sitcoms today never played stickball in the streets. They are writing about life once removed. They grew up watching Father Knows Best, so now they're writing about what they watched, as opposed to writing about what they actually lived."

Now I'm sure that was a somewhat old quote, but it's still fairly relevant, anyways.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join