It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic 4-yr-old Kicked Off Flight for Not wearing Mask-Despite Doc's Note

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

A 4-year-old Arkansas boy with autism was booted from a Spirit Airlines flight on Monday for not wearing a mask, despite having a doctor's note that the airline had accepted on the flight to their destination.

www.theblaze.com...

Let's examine this.

The little kid:

Little kid is severely autistic.
Little kid has trained 'baby sitter' and parents with him.
Little kid will "freak out", "hold breath", "harm himself" when forced to wear mask.
Little kid had a doctor's note saying he didn't have CV...shouldn't wear mask for his own safety.
Little kid flew with parents w/o incident on same airline during first leg of their trip.

The Airline:

Flew parents and mask-less little kid multiple times w/o incident recently.
Airline employee told parents: "autism's not a disability" and "he has to wear a mask or he has to get off the plane."

The parents:

Lost $1000 missing connection.
Used American Airlines, who accepted kid's medical note from doctor.
Their kid traumatized from the event.

So WHO is really to blame for this unfortunate event...if anyone?

The airline is not really heartless...BUT is obviously worried about a lawsuit from some other irate and irrational, CV-fearing, customer.
The Airline employee was just doing their job...albeit zealously.
The parents did everything they were required by law to do...but still got the shaft.
The little boy is absolutely NOT responsible.

So, again, who is really to blame?

IMO...nobody, in general, is completely at fault...

...BUT the Biden administration and the MSM for whipping up hysteria...which was then overzealously picked up and acted upon by the specific airline employee...should receive some blame for exacerbating the unfortunate and entirely avoidable situation.

Thoughts?
edit on 16-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought children under 10 don't have to wear masks. At least it's that way here in Colorado. I remember hearing school policies regarding that and as long as they're under 10 they aren't required to wear a mask.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Lost opportunity for common sense to prevail.

Not a single person stood up for the civil rights of a child.

Everyone that failed is at fault, everyone.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought children under 10 don't have to wear masks. At least it's that way here in Colorado. I remember hearing school policies regarding that and as long as they're under 10 they aren't required to wear a mask.

According to that particular airline (Spirit)...only children under 2 do not have to wear a mask...although they had made exceptions for this particular 4 yr old, numerous times.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

Lost opportunity for common sense to prevail.

Not a single person stood up for the civil rights of a child.

Everyone that failed is at fault, everyone.

Exactly.
NO rationality...and NO common sense.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

...BUT the Biden administration and the MSM for whipping up hysteria...which was then overzealously picked up and acted upon by the specific airline employee...should receive some blame for exacerbating the unfortunate and entirely avoidable situation.

So then Trump and Right Wing media deserve blame for whipping up hysteria which was then overzealously picked up and acted upon by rioters on January 6th?

I'm not doing to do any whataboutism. I'm just pointing out that the logic is the same.

Let's be honest, Spirit is a discount airline. The training and guidance they have given their flight crews on how to handle exceptions to their mask rules are probably minimal. That's probably your root cause right there.

While it's not right what happened, if you pay for discount service then you should expect discount service.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So then Trump and Right Wing media deserve blame for whipping up hysteria which was then overzealously picked up and acted upon by rioters on January 6th?

I'm not doing to do any whataboutism.

Of course you are.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
in a sealed metal tube were youre all breathing the same air anyway.
clown world.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The children will inherit the world in the condition we leave it to them, good or bad.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Biden is the one who gave the order for masks to be worn on all forms of transportation. I believe that he is overstepping his authority, but, he is the reason. Trump gave no such order.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

The children will inherit the world in the condition we leave it to them, good or bad.

If there are any left from the sacrificing of them.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Discount service heh? You pay your money you expect decent service. You want discount? Well we can give you that, sit on the floor, it solves 2 problems, can get more people squashed together and the airline saves on buying seats. Crap in a bucket at the back, saves paying airport fees. carry your own bags on the plane and you can sit on them.etc. etc.
Give me a break. Airlines all over the world have gotten away with these mealy mouth excuses and its about time governments laid the law down to just what is a reasonable service for the price paid.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yea pretty sick. Right now they are inheriting retarded ville.a reply to: loveguy

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

This is s not about Biden.

Why would you even go there with this subject?

The employee was wrong and needs better training.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Biden is the one who gave the order for masks to be worn on all forms of transportation. I believe that he is overstepping his authority, but, he is the reason. Trump gave no such order.

This is not about Biden. It’s ridiculous to make this about Biden.

The employee was wrong. The employee needs better training.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The short answer is drive next time.
We have had loads of businesses all over the country forced to close permanently so the troubles of this family being inconvenienced doesn't really upset me in the grand scheme of things.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
America has become a nation of fearful cowards who have no idea how to manage real risks.
edit on 3 16 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Thanks to the Biden administration and evil leftists in general, we are living in a dystopian nightmare world.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The short answer is drive next time.
We have had loads of businesses all over the country forced to close permanently so the troubles of this family being inconvenienced doesn't really upset me in the grand scheme of things.

I agree with that.
You couldn’t pay me to fly anywhere at this point in time.
And then you got an airline employee playing a doctor by saying autism is not a disability.
No thanks, I’d rather walk.
edit on 16-3-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The employee told the parents "Autism is NOT a disability".
Is this true or false?

I've read autism IS a developmental disability and disability benefits may also be received for autism.

I suppose it must also be pointed out that Andrew Cuomo placed Covid patients inside homes for the disabled...resulting in the death of hundreds of disabled people.
edit on 16-3-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join