It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yaphet Kotto has passed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
81 years young, actor Yaphet kotto to has died.

He played a part is many of my favorite movie growing up.

Live and let die
Alien
Running man

Rest in peace Yaphet
And thanks for the memories

www.bbc.com...

edit on Tue Mar 16 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: Damn autocorrect corrected

edit on 16-3-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

RIP Loved him in Alien

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

And in a conspiracy angle... Why did Yaphet Kotto escape Hollywood and the U.S.?

We'll never know the truth now unless his wives or children come forward.

A huge story that's never bubbled up somehow. Racism, anti-semitism, intimidation.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Another one of those top flight actors who could play any role like he was born for it. He always gave an Oscar worthy performance no matter how small the part.

Rest in peace, good sir. You will be missed.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wow, I am sad to say I never knew his name, but upon looking at his picture in the citation...I was like: " Oh yeah, loved that guy!"

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

According to wikipedia, he married a Filipino woman and went to live in The Philippines. Lived in Canada for a time.

No mention of racial problems. Surprised to read he was brought up Jewish.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Well, Yaphet was not only plagued vy back door racism, hence why he never shot to A level celebrity stardom, even though he was an amazing actor; he also was a staunch believer that racism wasn't an issue for black people and other ethnicities in Hollywood.

He was, at the same time, a victim of racism that he didn't even believe in, AND a victim of the Hollywood social scene that made racism a bougie cause du jour and straight up tried to silence his opinion.

I don't know the full story, and I never will, but after he participated in a racism centered episode of "TV Nation" (Michael Moore) he was done in Hollywood. He finished Homicide, and the homicide movie, and then hightailed it to Canada.

I'm hoping Michael Moore might speak out about what happened now that Kotto has passed.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Loved him in homicide life on the street, such great performances by the entire cast, the grittiness of this series was brilliant, great actors, so miss quality writing and acting.

Sad that greatness is never equaled.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
RIP Agent Foster Grant

top topics

join