It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be still and know that I am God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.

Many religions teach that God exist's in the stillness. But with the extreme amount of external stimuli that constantly bombards our brain in today's electronic age. Its much harder for many people to achieve that stillness in prayer and meditation. A Jamaican spiritual teacher known as Mooji offers a technique for people that are having difficulty practising stillness.

By practising technique's for stillness, the background noise of our brain begins to lower to a floor level that enables us to percieve the very subtle thoughts that were previously lost in brain noise. Those very subtle thoughts are not always local to our being. But travel from the eye that is our eye and Gods eye. Matthew 6:22 "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light".

However the point in achieiving stillness is not to gain but to loose that, which barricades us from being one with God. It is really as simple as that. God communicates with us in his stillness. You don't have to believe. You only need to experience it for yourself.

Like the fish that cannot see the water in which they swim. We swim in God and not know it. His divine wish unfolds in our being.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: glend
I used to watch Mooji a lot. I even went to one of his satsangs in London years ago.
Here is one of my absolute favourites....which on reading your post I think you will enjoy.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Thanks Itisnowagain. You are lucky to see Mooji in person. His teachings are very practical in todays age. Not a believer in mantra's but I tried and was surpized how effective it is in stilling the mind. Its something I can make time for every morning whereas my typical meditation takes up to 2 hours or so. Which is not something I am able to practice as much as I want.

Recently I came across Diamond Satra, If you have not read it before you should have a gander.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The thing is you cannot achieve stillness.........the stillness is always here.....movement occurs within in it.

This video will show you directly how the thoughts appear and disappear in the stillness.......the stillness (quiet, peace, emptiness) never goes anywhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If you want to have a holiday from mental chatter then listen to Salvador Poe........he teaches 'having a holiday'.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The assumption is that you move......or can move.

Look very closely at what is actually going on.

(I know I have posted this particular video many many times......but it makes it so clear......)

edit on 20-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Thanks Itisnowagain. Many years back I use to practice what I considered to be deep meditation. Seperating myself from all sensations of body. I found it extremely effective in lowering the everyday noise level of my brain. That for me is easier than rationalizing my being at a mental level. Instead of making a concentrated effort to exist in the now, the meditation allows it to occur automatically by lowering the everyday noise level of my brain.

The method I practice is very simple. I just lay down in bed and imagine my entire body getting heavier. It all seems very natural with some type of hiccups in breath occuring that releases something with a slight sensation of sweatness. The trouble is that when it comes to letting go of the last sensation to the body, my breath. I am facing some kind of fear. When I have been able to get past that fear I enter a void of emptiness.

When I see Mooji I know he has opened the gate to that void. I feel the others in those video's are still locked in a mental construct. Believing in emptiness is thought. Existing in emptiness is non-thought. At this stage in my path, all my dear held beliefs are turning into non-truths on me.
I am finding it pointless to argue truth if truth cannot exist in ones mind.

Thank you for your kindness.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Instead of making a concentrated effort to exist in the now

Can you exist outside of now?

Can you do anything in the past or future from where/when you actually are?

Surely there is only what is actually happening.......can anything be separate from what is happening?

edit on 21-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Be still and know, I am God.

Keep quiet (be still)......keep still inside yourself......don't be lost in thoughts......don't wander off.

Stay exactly where you are......and know you are.

edit on 26-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I just have to share this

It is about remembering I am.
edit on 26-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

thanks Itisnowagain. He looks to me like paid actor willing to validate peoples beliefs for a profit. He definately uses Eckhart Tolle for source material with a touch of Descartes thrown in for measure.

You must think I am most skeptical person alive. I swear I am not!

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You didn't answer the question:
Can you exist outside of now?
Do you really have to make a concentrated effort to exist in the now?

Surely, now (what IS actual) cannot be escaped.

The problem is that it is death for that which is an illusion.

The illusion of being separate.

The illusory separate person is a dream.......that can lift away.

posted on Mar, 27 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

My apoligies. I don't think its a matter of knowing how to be in the now. I think its more a matter that the attraction to exist in past/future dominate's my being. Like Descartes shadows on the wall I see that as home. Part of the problem is how my brain operates. It likes to gauge everything. Even writing a reply like this is causing 1000's thoughts through my mind.

I know from past experience that meditation will eventually lower the threshold of thought. So trying multiple tactics to break free of those chains. Becoming master instead of being a slave to mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: [post=25820241]Itisnowagain[/post
I don't think its a matter of knowing how to be in the now.

It's not a matter of 'knowing how' to be in the now....... it's about recognising that there is only the space of now and everything appears and disappears in it....that includes thoughts happening.

I know from past experience that meditation will eventually lower the threshold of thought. So trying multiple tactics to break free of those chains. Becoming master instead of being a slave to mind.

Thoughts are not a problem if it is realised that you are the space for thoughts......they appear and disappear in the space.

Eckhart Tolle speaks about this in this video:

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Thanks Itisnowagain, never seen that clip before.

top topics

join