It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big investors in crypto coin market

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Not real conspiracy but this one looked like the best forum to put it in.

Many stock-rich investors begin to join bitcoin and ALL the altcoins. None are secure! I'm trading ALT coins, I seldom day trade but I watch and predict, then hit the market and go long. So I expected DODO to take off at the weekend. All was prepared, my patterns worked out, the order books lent credit to what was going to happen that I saw thousand of times...:

Take off, as predicted by many others, too. Tradeview TA gauges swayed. And then, as the small orders begin to trickle away and it get's momentum...

Somebody dumps 5x 1.3k iceberg orders (in coin, they just kept on filling/order chaining!) both on the Ask and Bid books... back to back, locking the price. On an coin that has a trading volume of 6000-10000k trading volume a day. Obviously a bot.

As I watch the bot's coin orders gain amount by trading small differences (about 100-150 a minute) I am really pissed because I just bought in big at the dip, as others. Evident by the flow chart skyrocketing. This bot, maybe lured in by the hugh volume a minute before... stays firmly in place and trading flow stops. Everybody seems to be pissed, even the other bots confused. Like somebody put the market on pause. I could feel an angry reddit thread pop up in the distance but I didn't look. I sure wasn't the only one. The order books filled to the back like a lot were exiting on long positions.

This is visible on many other alt coins, too. You can set the clock by the shortings it's that evident. It wasn't like this a few months before. I'm into coins active for a year and before that passive wallet owner. Litecoin is also so predictable bot short and long time, the projection I set out in December is still solid but the price jumps are cruel for the amount needed to generate profit. Perfect for long too, it needs to catch up to bitcoin but I am not sure about LTC. Long you always win with most coins.

Your opinions? Anybody noticed similar shenangians going on, besides the typical insane-ness on the crypto markets?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Limit orders being filled?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

There's a lot of manipulation, but that's finance. There are people that work around the big bots to skim profits when the bots move the markets. The introduction of leveraged trades is mostly a way for exchanges to make money. Margin and leveraged option traders make the exchanges lots of easy money.

Many millionaires being created by crypto every day right now. If the market stays on it's current trajectory the first trillionaire may happen during this bull run.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Could be, looked more like a bot. Orders too close and matching both Ask/Bid. I watch the order book with eagle eyes. Gives a bit of reaction time.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

There are people that work around the big bots to skim profits when the bots move the markets. The introduction of leveraged trades is mostly a way for exchanges to make money.

I belong to those then. I watch the order books and other values and see when the power balance starts to shift. Then I jump in, I only do this on daytrade, when I go into long positions I don't care about the order book structure that much. I set my order strategically with a buffer to big ones in case they shift.

Today was insane bullish. I woke up to a selling oder on DODO because it took off... Touched the resistance and bounced back. With leveraging and lending the risk is too high for me. I have a good enough trade history to be confident but I don't do it.

It's too risky in the crypto market for me and I don't touch stock.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Which will make the money worthless because its being made out of nothing with no real work.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Crypto currency is only as good as the encryption. The encryption will be toast as soon as a real quantum computer gets online. Every major government in the world is working in a vigorous race to be the first to develop the first viable quantum computer.

I don't see a long term future in these current versions of crypto currency.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The real question in my mind is who is going to set up the US-wide payment infrastructure for ppl to use it? If your bitcoin is worth X-amt before you buy a Coke and Y after, how do you earn public confidence in it?

They are all technically worth nothing if they aren't backed by gold but then again, Gold only has value because we assign it value.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Theyre already developing infrastructure that can include quantum encryption for some blockchains. Neo 3.0 is one of them!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision
Bitcoin would not be used, too many coins are lost / locked.

There are coins for everything. With some you can set up contracts and the blockchain will act as a notary. They are worth as much as everything. Don't fixiate on the dogma that bitcoin is too cumbersome.

It is, there are plenty of other good alternatives though. Until then, I trade. Your last sentence can be used on everything. It's a market thing. Bid and Ask.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
It isn't just the encryption. Look at what you can do with some token or coin. Contracts, bets, insurance..

Sure it's in it's infancy (relative young, only ten year old) but there are new iterations of technology that are more specialized and honed.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Which will make the money worthless because its being made out of nothing with no real work.

Like the ones and zeros the stimulus just dumped into our economy?

BTC is only the first mover and most well known. It's far from the most useful crypto. Millions of transactions are taking place daily, real transactions doing amazing things and providing services that aren't possible without blockchain. Countries are rolling out digital currency for their central banks.

The government is going to continue devaluing the dollar. That's what they do. You can watch your spending power decay over time or you can try to keep up with inflation, even beat inflation. In 5 or 10 years you'll be using crypto daily without even knowing it. Products you buy now may be using blockchain.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Like the ones and zeros the stimulus just dumped into our economy?

BTC is only the first mover and most well known. It's far from the most useful crypto. Millions of transactions are taking place daily, real transactions doing amazing things and providing services that aren't possible without blockchain. Countries are rolling out digital currency for their central banks.

The government is going to continue devaluing the dollar. That's what they do. You can watch your spending power decay over time or you can try to keep up with inflation, even beat inflation. In 5 or 10 years you'll be using crypto daily without even knowing it. Products you buy now may be using blockchain.

I think its use will expand greatly till the Feds get involved and ruin it. The question is when will that be. Read somewhere that crypto is becoming an issue in bankruptcies, people using it to slide and shift monies around. I don't know if that is feasible or not.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I agree 100% with what you're saying but I don't WANT to use crpyto. I don't LIKE smart phones and tracking.
Cash is anonymous and if the gov wasn't #ing things up royally it would be perfect.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have a hard time valuing cryptocurrencies.
I am well aware of it's trading value.

But the value to me in computing some bs number strings is zero.
In fact, a negative value since it sucks up electricity and hardware.
The value drops even more for me with the public ledger stuff.
It stinks of big brother.

To me, I picture some computer nerd scam, crossed with a trading scam.
Can we call Western Union a currency?
It seems the same with added trading hype.
Day trading rug pullers aside.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
On a side note, this is what got me started reading and trying to find out more

[Pompliano] Panthers' Russell Okung announced in December he was converting half of his $13M salary into Bitcoin. Bitcoin was $27,000. Now, with the price at $61,000, Russell Okung turned his $13M annual salary into over $21M. This increase makes Okung one of the 30 highest-paid NFL players today.

I can see other people that make that kind of jack in sports or entertainment trying to duplicate his success especially in these uncertain times where people are losing trust in banks etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Not real conspiracy but this one looked like the best forum to put it in.

Many stock-rich investors begin to join bitcoin and ALL the altcoins. None are secure! I'm trading ALT coins, I seldom day trade but I watch and predict, then hit the market and go long. So I expected DODO to take off at the weekend. All was prepared, my patterns worked out, the order books lent credit to what was going to happen that I saw thousand of times...:

Take off, as predicted by many others, too. Tradeview TA gauges swayed. And then, as the small orders begin to trickle away and it get's momentum...

Somebody dumps 5x 1.3k iceberg orders (in coin, they just kept on filling/order chaining!) both on the Ask and Bid books... back to back, locking the price. On an coin that has a trading volume of 6000-10000k trading volume a day. Obviously a bot.

As I watch the bot's coin orders gain amount by trading small differences (about 100-150 a minute) I am really pissed because I just bought in big at the dip, as others. Evident by the flow chart skyrocketing. This bot, maybe lured in by the hugh volume a minute before... stays firmly in place and trading flow stops. Everybody seems to be pissed, even the other bots confused. Like somebody put the market on pause. I could feel an angry reddit thread pop up in the distance but I didn't look. I sure wasn't the only one. The order books filled to the back like a lot were exiting on long positions.

This is visible on many other alt coins, too. You can set the clock by the shortings it's that evident. It wasn't like this a few months before. I'm into coins active for a year and before that passive wallet owner. Litecoin is also so predictable bot short and long time, the projection I set out in December is still solid but the price jumps are cruel for the amount needed to generate profit. Perfect for long too, it needs to catch up to bitcoin but I am not sure about LTC. Long you always win with most coins.

Your opinions? Anybody noticed similar shenangians going on, besides the typical insane-ness on the crypto markets?

Its called a digital Ponzi Scheme.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Call it like that, heard it for years that bitcoin is going to crash. Heard it at 1.3k, 20k and now.

I guess I am going to hear it when it hits 100k and then 180k

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Cryptocurrency Team Members Indicted for Pump and Dump Schemes - March 13, 2021

On March 5, 2021, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York unsealed an indictment charging John McAfee, the founder of McAfee antivirus software company, along with the executive advisor of his cryptocurrency team, Jimmy Watson Jr. The pair face charges on seven counts including wire fraud, money laundering, and conspiracy to commit commodities and securities fraud by touting and scalping. Watson had been arrested in Texas the night before the indictment was announced, and McAfee remains detained in Spain awaiting extradition to the United States on tax fraud charges filed in October 2020.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: one4all

Call it like that, heard it for years that bitcoin is going to crash. Heard it at 1.3k, 20k and now.

I guess I am going to hear it when it hits 100k and then 180k

Its about finding room to move....not creating new fake room...... Crypto-currency is imaginary.....its fiat its not based upon anything.

The Emperors New Clothes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join