It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden plans to raise taxes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Biden isn't raising anything .
He can barely raise his head.
It's all of the handlers doing all of this crap.
a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Well he's going to do a bunch of this type of thing and then bow out for heals up Harris.
She can just point at Joey.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is government spending our money correctly?

Of course not , they never do regardless of political persuasion.

There is waste anywhere?

Of course there is , there always is regardless of political persuasion.

Spending billions on foreign policy is something you also endorse?

Better than spending nothing and leaving it to the Russians and Chinese , friends and influence are important things in an uncertain World.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Even if our taxes don't get raised, the prices of everything will go up as companies pass on their taxes to us.
And then there is the inflation thing just waiting in the wings......

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: peter_kandra

They sure do need to be paid for, but in an equitable fashion, and not when businesses aren't even allowed to operate at full capacity yet.

That's when you should start looking at Windfall tax's on the parts of the economy that have done well through the pandemic.

You mean... Amazon, Walmart and streaming services?
I won't hold my breath. They have well paid lobbyists.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Even if our taxes don't get raised, the prices of everything will go up as companies pass on their taxes to us.

Absolutely. Any increase in corporate taxes will simply be passed on to the consumer. It's the same as the minimum wage argument.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Definately sounds like the plan in motion.
It's very hard to understand why so many voted for the destruction of our USA.
On the other hand fools rule.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Kinda easy to understand.
That's how my business operates.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

So:

☑ Dark Winter

☑ Raise taxes

Way to go Joe! #BidenPromisesKept

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You mean... Amazon, Walmart and streaming services?

That's who I mean ... among others.

They have well paid lobbyists.

Sadly promise not kept.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Biden's late. He promised in December 2019 that the FIRST THING he would do as President is have Trump's tax-cut cancelled, and taxes raised.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Remember this,

Biden: "If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised"

If he eliminates Trump tax cuts, he will hit the middle working class

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They are wasting trillions of dollars to bailout blues states and cities and trying to make me pay the bill. My contempt for this administration knows no limits. The only problem is I don’t know who to blame? Who is actually running the government? It certainly isn’t Biden.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Awesome so when the wealthy die and leave their wealth to their children, who more than likely have been waiting their whole lives for their parents to die, the government is going to take half or more?.. This is money many would likely invest into new businesses but I guess that won't be happening now.
edit on 15-3-2021 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

In other news, water is wet.

Is anyone really shocked?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall

Awesome so when the wealthy die and leave their wealth to their children, who more than likely have been waiting their whole lives for their parents to die, the government is going to take half or more?.. This is money many would likely invest into new businesses but I guess that won't be happening now.

I made good money years ago showing wealthy people how to avoid having 40% of their net-worth taken by the Government after death. Thankfully, the tax was systematically reduced to the point where it's wasn't as big of a boogey-man.

But Biden promised to make the estate-tax a big revenue generator again. Looks like he's following-through on that promise...that was not carried by the MSM, like most of Biden's promises to damage Americans. Bernie Sanders is probably VERY happy!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of the recent decades of spending, and I'm certainly not thrilled with the last year of it.

But taxes are an inevitable conclusion to periods of colossal spending.

We have to do better at sourcing money before spending initiatives even pass. People need to know up front where it's going to come from. Are we cutting spending somewhere else to make room for this debated measure, or are we opening up new revenue, and if so where?

Nothing is free, and every president so far has broken their predecessors spending record (or rather congress has under the admin, though executive has to sign off). I don't expect Biden to be an exception to the trend. Nothing great or extraordinary about him. He's at best a placeholder in history, and at worst a horrible alternative to the unpopular kids in school.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Your right, and it is already happening.
Hubby works construction. The price of a 2x4, 8' has almost tripled. (If you can get them) The price of rubber gloves? Tripled.

We went to order new furniture Saturday. Found what I wanted, knew there was going to be wait.
Did not know it is going to be 6 MONTHS!!!!! The lady said they expect the wait to go up to a year, and the prices where going to increase in another month.
If your fridge brakes down, good luck.

But hey, raise taxes, even if it is just on corporations, prices are already stupid high, it is only going to get worse.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
American taxpayers will be forced to pay for reparations some how and the financial damage President Trump did to the globalists for 4 years.

Don't forget 10% for the Big Guy as well.

edit on 15-3-2021 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

originally posted by: gortex

Who didn't see this coming?

With a National debt as colossal as your's no one I guess , extra spending due to the Pandemic and free money giveaways all have to be paid for.

They sure do need to be paid for, but in an equitable fashion, and not when businesses aren't even allowed to operate at full capacity yet.

Well, there's one good thing with the way COVID restrictions and shutdowns decimated businesses a lot of people won't even come close to those earnings ever again. Our industry was trending up and had been for about 10 years now it's shattered into a thousand pieces. Going through the account list from 2 years ago, already 17% of our accounts are permanently closed many others have cut back, some have moved to smaller and cheaper locations and I haven't even gone through the states with the most clients yet. In the past, from January 20th till early May our stores used to be the busiest time for retail. Now we have had 2 years of stores trying to sell at discount prices just to survive.

edit on 15-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join