It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bloody Sunday': Left Activists, Labor Leaders Executed in Philippines After Duterte Says...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

In an event that human rights groups are calling "Bloody Sunday," at least nine left-wing activists and labor leaders were executed at their homes and offices this past weekend during a series of coordinated raids carried out jointly by the military and police in four provinces in the Calabarzon region of the Philippines, just two days after President Rodrigo Duterte ordered security forces to "finish off" communists in the country.

"I've told the military and the police that if they find themselves in an armed encounter with the communist rebels, kill them, make sure you really kill them and finish them off if they are alive," Duterte said Friday. "Just make sure to return their bodies to their respective families."

"Forget about human rights," the Philippine president continued. "That's my order. I'm willing to go to jail, that's not a problem. I do not have any qualms about doing the things that I have to do."

According to Phil Robertson, the deputy Asia director at Human Rights Watch (HRW), "It is not a coincidence that these deadly raids happened two days after President Rodrigo Duterte ordered police and military to 'kill all' communists and 'don't mind human rights.'"

Source

This news is now a little over a week old but I never saw it show up on here. In fact most of the mainstream media over here appears to have missed it.

On March 5th Philippines President Duterte made a speech telling police and military to "finish off" Communists in the country. Two days later in coordinated arrests in the Calabarzon region nine activists were dead and another six were in handcuffs.

While the Duterte administration claimed all of these activists were terrorists but nothing in their pasts indicated they were anything more than Left Wing activists.

In the cases of the dead, it's claimed that were killed because that resisted arrest but no weapons of any kind were recovered. Of course there's no witnesses because the activists' families were rushed out of their houses by police.

Sadly events like this are common in Philippines. The only thing that makes it stand out this time is the amount of bodies and coordination of the strikes.

The fact that Duterte is now employing his "War on Drugs" style of law & order on political rivals has human rights watchdogs particularly concerned. While there are plenty in the US that want to claim they're being politically repressed, they have nothing on what's occurring to Leftists in the Philippines. This is what true political repression looks like.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It won’t be long, it’s coming

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I hate communism. Communists are just people who don't understand communism unless they are party insiders.

This is the exact wrong approach to defending a nation from communism.

Duterte at least acknowledged that this is a criminal act. I hope he does go to jail.

I want to point out that this can only happen in a country with a partisan police force and military. The US is working on creating that right now. Won't be long before Americans are targeted by woke military and police forces.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I want to point out that this can only happen in a country with a partisan police force and military. The US is working on creating that right now. Won't be long before Americans are targeted by woke military and police forces.

This is a sentiment I've seen brought up in a number of threads and it absolutely confuses me. For decades our military and police has consistently voted Right Wing.

Hell just two months ago there were plenty of people on this site that were sure the military would keep Trump in power, and one of the reasons given was because the military is decidedly Republican.

The military and police are still Right Wing. The majority of police and military leadership is still Right Wing. Any worries that the military and police are going to suddenly start killing Right Wingers is pure histrionics.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
America fed the Democrats after midnight(with votes) now you have communists. Now the eggs they layed are hatching into beautiful Marxist babies that will consume their host in the name of equality.

edit on 15-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yes and those people are stupid.

The truth is that both parties members have always asserted a desire to have the military fix their problems for them.

The military is being purged of right wing thought right now. Those who voted for Trump are being called extremists and getting chaptered out for having done so. The military is being indoctrinated with critical race theory and other woke nonsense.

The military is recruiting people who are indoctrinated by marxists in public schools. Something they've had a hold of for a long time.

If you think the military can't be molded into a partisan force then you are just showing your ignorance. Especially when you posted an example of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You all are having a bad dream. Wake up, we got the migrants coming over the border to save us.

That guy in the Philippines is crazy, but sometimes that is what it takes to destroy a country, hmm I wonder where I got that thought from.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You're misconstruing Pro Freedom with right wing, there's a difference. But that's understandable coming from a leftist who thinks anyone not an authoritarian Marxist is right wing.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Have any facts to back that up, or just paranoia?

OP, thanks for the thread. Very interesting what's happening in the Philippines.
edit on 15-3-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is what happens when the left eats its own.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

There are just as many Democrats and people who consider themselves to be left wing in the military.

But people need to stop conflating Democrats and the left wing.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

redstate.com...

www.vanityfair.com...

And they're doing it by calling us "white supremacists" and "insurrectionists".

I've never been either. But if I were still serving, my political positions would be enough to associate me with the lefts definition of it. Which is pretty much just having white skin while disagreeing with them.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Even under Trump there were concerns of white supremacists in the military. Hell, there have been concerns about it going back to at least Clinton.

The truth is there are a lot of people in the military that espouse white supremacist ideology. And that's by design. White supremacist leaders encourage their followers to join the military so they get training and access to weapons.

These are the kinds of people the military is trying to drum out. People with 88 and swastika tattoos. People that hand out white supremacist literature to their more easily influenced comrades.

If "white supremacy" is code for Trump supporters then where are all the people getting discharged? While I can't find exact numbers on how the military voted in this past election, we can be sure that Trump received tens of thousands of votes. So why aren't tens of thousands of troops getting their walking papers?

In fact, can you point to a single person that is claiming they were discharged simply because they support Trump?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Just speculating here, but if a foreign country was jailing and killing conservatives, you'd be applauding the move.

As far as this is concerned?

Like Biden says, "It's just a different normal".

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Removing upon further consideration.
edit on 3/15/2021 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hell just two months ago there were plenty of people on this site that were sure the military would keep Trump in power, and one of the reasons given was because the military is decidedly Republican.

Hell, there are people on this site who had wet dreams, hoping Trump would do what this clown did.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Let's not forget that Trump was a vocal supporter of Duterte and his approach to getting rid of "drug dealers."

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: vonclod

Let's not forget that Trump was a vocal supporter of Duterte and his approach to getting rid of "drug dealers."

He sure was, admired him even

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I agree.

This same stupidity is coming to America under the Biden Administration and complicit media, tech and alphabet agencies. We aren’t too far from the same horrific outcomes in our once great nation.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There has been a communist insurgency in the Philippines since the 70’s. Communists have carried out many assassinations and attacks this year alone. We never hear about this murderous reign of terror, though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join