It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women sure they know what they're doing.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: CthruU

There is a reason the MGTOW movement has gained so much momentum the last few years.

The positives of women have been outweighed by the negatives.

Yeah sure diddums. Did a nasty lady refuse to go out with you?
Shame you gave up getting to know the billions of us who are solid, decent and don't hate men the way you assume from your mancave.
In order to attract the good ones, you have to be a decent male though, no woman wants to go out with a creepy incel.

Wow...butt hurt much?
I’ve been married 26 years and raised a lovely 18yr old daughter.
I’m also surrounded by women in the work place and know that it’s not a good time to be in the dating pool.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

There is a reason the MGTOW movement has gained so much momentum the last few years.

I totally understand the sentiment because I am around a lot of young women through coaching and my daughter and they are off the rails in their beliefs in many ways. I would keep in mind, however, that you ultimately only need to find one good woman. You aren’t dating or marrying women as a whole, but one good person.

In my own case I have a solid long term marriage.
But I work with women.
35 yrs old, overweight, three kids, lots of debt... “why can’t I find a quality man?”
Uh, because you’re not a quality woman.... ahhhh!

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly.
If protesting and marching hasn’t changed anything is n all the years it has been happening, then it is time to change the approach. Fill the court rosters with case after case. Clog the courts until the punishment is a deterrent or real change happens in the attitude of society.
The way historic sexual assault is dealt with sickens me. I always get the feeling the courts get a kick out of witnesses reliving the crime and getting grilled down to the smallest detail.
I personally think court officials are the last bastion of sexual perversion and abuse of minors.
Schools have been looked at. Churches have been examined. Let the spotlight shine on the judiciary and see which cockroaches scamper and where they scurry too.
a reply to: dawnstar

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Yeah sure diddums. Did a nasty lady refuse to go out with you?
Shame you gave up getting to know the billions of us who are solid, decent and don't hate men the way you assume from your mancave.
In order to attract the good ones, you have to be a decent male though, no woman wants to go out with a creepy incel.

Wow...butt hurt much?
I’ve been married 26 years and raised a lovely 18yr old daughter.
I’m also surrounded by women in the work place and know that it’s not a good time to be in the dating pool.

She doesn’t sell her being a goodun very well does she.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Are you surprised that women lie?

I think I have met some women who lie like fish swim. So much so its there natural habitat.

So ya. Just another pointless rant. On a pointless topic. Its just people who cant deal with there stupid issues.

Ever hear the phrase. Stupid is, as stupid does. And the whole dam thing is just stupid. For all parties involved. Ship them off to an island and leve them there. Let all parties work issue by themselfs. Aint nobody got time for drama over stupid #. Not when there is so much more fun and entertaining drama over stupid # out there in the world.

Have you ever heard of a guy called Trump? Now that was a very entertaining drama. Though personally I think the dramas are getting older and flaky. Kind of like watching a simpsons episode that you seen for the thousand time.
edit on 3amTuesdayam162021f2amTue, 16 Mar 2021 03:24:17 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

edit on 3amTuesdayam162021f2amTue, 16 Mar 2021 03:27:05 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

The male in positions of authority, who are accused of sexual assault should be replaced by a woman.

So accusations are enough to remove a man from his job ?
Simply replacing a man with a woman for no other reason than "he's a man" kind of makes a mockery of sexual equality.

Let the women of the world hold the reins for a while.

A woman is in charge of the Metropolitan police force , a police force which it must be said is failing miserably but as she is the first female Metropolitan police chief it seems she is fireproof.

It must also be said that she is responsible for the brutal murder of Jean Charles de Menezes , yet she still got the job ... because she's a woman.

edit on 16-3-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There is a certain class of “feminist” that behaves with all the ignorance they believe to come from the patriarchy, but society must tolerate their intolerance because they are women.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Who's blaming all manly men?

That's a comment upon society and the outlook on sexist or sexualised comments. You know? Wolf whistles are awesome? Just start kissing them? Grab em by the pussy?

Sorry, this may hurt you but the vast VAST majority of men are NOT like your father or uncle.
THEY are the ones that hurt you.
NO ONE ELSE

Why would a claim from a person who clearly made a defensive post hurt or even offend me? How would misogynistic comments or any other outlook towards women from other men hurt me?

I'm literally not party to it, please do the gymnastics and explain.

NOT my Dad, my brother, my cousins, my uncles and the vast majority of people I interacted with.
ALL of which treated women with decency and respect.

PERIOD.

So you say with your defensive post complete with caps for emphasis. Seems much more likely that my post triggered you and for some reason you felt personally offended enough to make this post.

I'll assume you questioned someone's behaviour because your reaction isn't coming from a place of comfort in regarding your manly family.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: M5xaz

Who's blaming all manly men?

That's a comment upon society and the outlook on sexist or sexualised comments. You know? Wolf whistles are awesome? Just start kissing them? Grab em by the pussy?

Sorry, this may hurt you but the vast VAST majority of men are NOT like your father or uncle.
THEY are the ones that hurt you.
NO ONE ELSE

Why would a claim from a person who clearly made a defensive post hurt or even offend me? How would misogynistic comments or any other outlook towards women from other men hurt me?

I'm literally not party to it, please do the gymnastics and explain.

NOT my Dad, my brother, my cousins, my uncles and the vast majority of people I interacted with.
ALL of which treated women with decency and respect.

PERIOD.

So you say with your defensive post complete with caps for emphasis. Seems much more likely that my post triggered you and for some reason you felt personally offended enough to make this post.

I'll assume you questioned someone's behaviour because your reaction isn't coming from a place of comfort in regarding your manly family.

Hey Einstein YOU are the one with a philanderer/misogynistic father and uncle by YOUR OWN WORDS.

Everyone else here will not accept to be lowered to the level of your Dad by your WEAK verbal gymnastics

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Dalamax

The male in positions of authority, who are accused of sexual assault should be replaced by a woman.

So accusations are enough to remove a man from his job ?
Simply replacing a man with a woman for no other reason than "he's a man" kind of makes a mockery of sexual equality.

Let the women of the world hold the reins for a while.

A woman is in charge of the Metropolitan police force , a police force which it must be said is failing miserably but as she is the first female Metropolitan police chief it seems she is fireproof.

It must also be said that she is responsible for the brutal murder of Jean Charles de Menezes , yet she still got the job ... because she's a woman.

You don’t think sexual equality is a shambling mockery already? More to the point, if he is using his position to leverage sexual favours then replace him with a more sanitary option.
Doesn’t get rosier then substituting a creep out for an alert and vigilant woman.

As for the police force, was she passed a poisoned chalice? Given a systemically failing portfolio so as to taint the cause of women in authority?
Yeah 7 times in the head is quite brutal, I would say excessive, there was also a comedy of errors leading up to his death if I remember correctly. Including procedural and training failures and of course threat response!
Again was she set up to fail, to discourage allowing women into positions of authority?

edit on 17-3-2021 by Dalamax because: Addressing the whole post

edit on 17-3-2021 by Dalamax because: Address Weapon discipline (nice grouping though)

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Understandable to a degree if your a victim or close to one...

The overwhelmingly vast majority of women have been a victim of men's abuse to one degree or another, and virtually every women knows at least one woman who has been a victim of a man's brutality.

Holy #ing #, no we all most certainly have/do NOT, on both claims there.

My god, I wish feminists would shut the # up when speaking in broad terms, just stop it, you just do not speak for all women and refuse to understand that.

I like you on about every other subject, Boad, but we consistently lock horns on this "Fragile Lil Teacup Womenz Are All The Macho Menz Fault" #. If this is what you default to (hyperbole) then there is no real problem out there, since it had to be inflated in a hyperbolic manner in front of other folks, to get any attention. We are not this desperate as a gender, Jesus H Christ.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Holy #ing #, no we all most certainly have/do NOT, on both claims there.

I did not say "all". I said the overwhelmingly vast majority to one extent or another. If you have not, great! But please don't discount or belittle the experiences of other women and girls.

A New Survey Finds 81 Percent Of Women Have Experienced Sexual Harassment

Almost all young women in the UK have been sexually harassed, survey finds

Nearly 90 percent of women have been sexually harassed—and the problem is only growing

My god, I wish feminists would shut the # up when speaking in broad terms, just stop it, you just do not speak for all women and refuse to understand that.

Please. You are the one using "all" -- not just once, but twice. I am not speaking in broad terms. And you can wish all you want, I'll say whatever I damn well please. And, of course, you can make whatever insulting and broad remarks that you wish. But the freaking dead and broken female bodies speak for themselves.

I like you on about every other subject, Boad, but we consistently lock horns on this "Fragile Lil Teacup Womenz Are All The Macho Menz Fault" #. If this is what you default to (hyperbole) then there is no real problem out there, since it had to be inflated in a hyperbolic manner in front of other folks, to get any attention. We are not this desperate as a gender, Jesus H Christ.

And there's that "all" again -- from YOU, not ME. I have never and will never blame all men for the bad behavior of the few. I have stated that repeatedly. I have repeatedly stated that I've been blessed to be surrounded by good men my entire life. But problem men are problem men, and using good men to make piss poor excuses for bad men is a big part of the problem.

I am quite happy to make the appropriate distinctions, because it is necessary to get to the root of the problem.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Are men sure what they're doing? In our male-majority government it has been decided that you will get longer in jail for 'killing' a statue than for killing a woman.

I'd like that changed. I'd like male on female violence to carry MUCH stronger sentences. Is that tragic?

Just because ONE extremist calls for a ludicrous curfew it does not invalidate the reasons for females wanting more protection from the law. I'm not sure why you are so scared of these 'movements' ... it's a natural progression away from patriarchy which begins with education and reevaluation of how we currently manage male on female violence and sexual harassment. We shouldn't live in a world where this is normal. Its very difficult to find a woman who hasn't experienced any of this. I dont know any who haven't. 97%?!

I can't speak for other countries, I'm in the UK where women would just like to feel more protected than a f*cking statue.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Don't advertise what isn't for sale....sounds like putting the blame on the female. So a female can't show off her body if its not 'available'? It kind of makes the woman sound like an object and that if a woman does bare some flesh, she must be 'advertising' to a male that she's available therefore its the women's fault for false advertising if she gets assaulted.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

Don't advertise what isn't for sale....sounds like putting the blame on the female.

Nope. I also taught her not to flash big wads of cash... and to lock her doors... and lots and lots of other reasonable precautions for reasonable risks. She knows she cannot control others' actions, only her own, and to protect herself where and how she is able.

It's also a matter of teaching her to value herself for more and better than the cheap thrills she can give random men. And, of course, teaching her that too many men are dogs that will go after any bitch in heat, and that she deserves much more and much better.

So a female can't show off her body if its not 'available'? It kind of makes the woman sound like an object and that if a woman does bare some flesh, she must be 'advertising' to a male that she's available therefore its the women's fault for false advertising if she gets assaulted.

Interesting... or something... that you're so concerned about this. And that you would bring assault into the subject. What was it the police said about this vile killer? Oh! That's right... Something something about him being pissed at the WOMEN for HIS perversions??? It's not the victims who blame the woman for what she wears... it's the perps and their apologists. Just as you so clearly are objectifying a woman for her body and some strange idea that she needs or wants the male gaze of lust and perversion. That her pleasure or sense of self worth should come from a manchild's approval or lack thereof. (Yeah, I also taught her the difference between real men with self-control and self-discipline, as opposed to the manboy's leacherous self-indulgence.) For all I know, YOU are exactly the type of person she needs to protect herself from.

Unfortunately, the creeps are a dime a dozen, and examples are everywhere.

Fortunately, she also has an awesome father (and uncles and grandfathers) who set an awesome example of what an awesome man really is.
edit on 18-3-2021 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I'm not sure you understood my point. Explain what you mean when you tell your daughter not to advertise what isnt for sale.

Are you telling her not to flaunt it unless she wants it? Are you telling her if she doesn't want unwanted male attention then she shouldn't 'flaunt it'?

By the way I'm a mum of daughters and would never 'advise' them of this. It screams male perspective and incorrectly puts the blame on the female.

If I'm wrong then explain what it means.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I'm not sure you understood my point. Explain what you mean when you tell your daughter not to advertise what isnt for sale.

Are you telling her not to flaunt it unless she wants it? Are you telling her if she doesn't want unwanted male attention then she shouldn't 'flaunt it'?

By the way I'm a mum of daughters and would never 'advise' them of this. It screams male perspective and incorrectly puts the blame on the female.

Is “male perspective” from father to daughter bad? Only female perspective from mother to daughter good? Shielding from “male perspectives” would only make one less able to understand when they no longer have the guidance of momma to help understand those toxic males and why they do wha they do.

Gross toxic female perspective.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

I already explained.

Every woman's value and worth is far more than her ability to please the male gaze, or to please any man in any way. If that's where she puts her attention, then that's the attention she will get. If she wants better and more for herself, then she has to focus her attention on better and more than her physical attributes.

In other words, if your car is not for sale, you don't put a "for sale" sign on your car only to waste your time, energy and emotion on responding to people wanting to buy your car.

I made sure my daughter knew that she is far more than her body, and that her inherent potential, as well as her ultimate value and worth, does not come from what's on the outside but what's on the inside. Substance, not symbolism.

Our physical bodies are a temporary temple for our eternal spirit. The body can be a wonderful servant, but it makes for a lousy master.

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Are men sure what they're doing? In our male-majority government it has been decided that you will get longer in jail for 'killing' a statue than for killing a woman.

I'd like that changed. I'd like male on female violence to carry MUCH stronger sentences. Is that tragic?

Just because ONE extremist calls for a ludicrous curfew it does not invalidate the reasons for females wanting more protection from the law. I'm not sure why you are so scared of these 'movements' ... it's a natural progression away from patriarchy which begins with education and reevaluation of how we currently manage male on female violence and sexual harassment. We shouldn't live in a world where this is normal. Its very difficult to find a woman who hasn't experienced any of this. I dont know any who haven't. 97%?!

I can't speak for other countries, I'm in the UK where women would just like to feel more protected than a f*cking statue.
Lol

posted on Mar, 18 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808

Is “male perspective” from father to daughter bad? Only female perspective from mother to daughter good? Shielding from “male perspectives” would only make one less able to understand when they no longer have the guidance of momma to help understand those toxic males and why they do wha they do.

Gross toxic female perspective.

My perspective is gross and toxic? Ok, so I've had these comments made to me - don't advertise wasn't isn't for sale - by a lecherous older man who saw my short skirt and thought that was an invitation to put his hands near there. That was his response when he was told where to go. So he's saying its ny fault for flaunting flesh, that he couldn't control himself.

Telling a young female that they shouldn't 'advertise' their body to men unless they are making their body available to men is wrong. Simple as that. Thats clearly a male perspective. And a pretty toxic one too that perpetuates the whole issue.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join