It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women sure they know what they're doing.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think the secret is being genuine, I'd like to believe that's why I've had trust placed onto me at times. Tbh I'm not sure how people keep up the bs and masquerades.

I've always done well with the other sex because of that, friendly breakups and the likes. I've seen plenty of relationships built on nonsense, honesty works. For instance friends with benefits can work if both parties are honest about it. Anyways drifting off topic...

All women can do is minimize their risk and exposure...

I don't know what the ultimate answer is, but it increasingly seems that it must come from men.

Couldn't agree with you more. We live in that world where kids aren't really safe unsupervised, where it's advised women be in groups or accompanied.

Generally men are the issue so it stands to reason that's where the answer lays. It's not necessarily a parenting or upbringing thing either. I'd argue some of it's cultural, as you say 50 shades and the likes doesn't help.

My best mate once tried to show me a pic of his gf, I wasn't too happy about that... When she showed me the same pic he wasn't too happy! Funny that isn't it?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Well let's be honest here.
If woman ran the world, the spiders would take over within six months and every kitchen would be overflowing with unopened pickle jars.

LOL!!! Not in my house!

I save my husband from spiders... he saves me everything else! So, yeah, I've had to deal with some widders and wolf spiders and even a hunter spider! Although mostly just the run of the mill daddy longlegs. But he saves me from the scorpions and centipedes and palo verde beetles and all the other desert creepy crawlies. Ugh!

I definitely get the better end of that stick

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Maybe, there's a lockdown though.

That said I've participated in awareness events and the likes, you can't do college without running into them. Work a social job and you naturally have people coming and wishing to raise awareness.

I've been to mosques too Gortex, the biggest extremists I've met are ex drug dealers and football hooligans, even they changed their ways.

Cmon, I'm asking you where they are because I've met feminists and non have them have been extremists. On the contrary to be absolutely frank.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I think the secret is being genuine, I'd like to believe that's why I've had trust placed onto me at times. Tbh I'm not sure how people keep up the bs and masquerades.

I've always done well with the other sex because of that, friendly breakups and the likes. I've seen plenty of relationships built on nonsense, honesty works. For instance friends with benefits can work if both parties are honest about it. Anyways drifting off topic...

I think you're right... when "genuine" is a good person to be. When "genuine" is not a good person, I guess that's where the lies and pretenses come in. And then the piss poor woe-is-me excuses. And the victim blaming.

And the thing is, I know good men. I've been blessed to be surrounded by good men my entire life. Men who have and do separate themselves from the pigs. Men who have stood up for women. Men who do not make excuses for the pigs. I know it's not all men.

But it's very clear too many men are still defensive and still make excuses and want to blame women -- one way or another. If women could have fixed the problem, we would have already!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

a reply to: CthruU

There is a reason the MGTOW movement has gained so much momentum the last few years.

The positives of women have been outweighed by the negatives.

I totally understand the sentiment because I am around a lot of young women through coaching and my daughter and they are off the rails in their beliefs in many ways. I would keep in mind, however, that you ultimately only need to find one good woman. You aren’t dating or marrying women as a whole, but one good person.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Considering rape allegations were often written off as 'hysteria' up until the 1970's/80's, which translates basically to 'your feelz', it's odd to see people who weren't sexually victimized complaining about their feelz when nothing has even happened to them.

Very good point... and an interesting one to ponder.

Every women I know has had at least one "close call," if not an outright sexual assault by a man. Every single one. And I don't mean basic cat calling or inappropriate comments. I mean situations where they felt they were in actual danger. So I understand the hyper-vigilence and ever present fear and worry.

Is the same true for men? Have the vast majority of men been in a position where they were accused -- or feared they would be accused -- of criminal behavior?

I know that I made it a rule that my husband would not give our kids' female friends a ride home alone. Not because I didn't trust my husband. But because I did not want to put any girls (or their parents) in an uncomfortable position. If our kids couldn't accompany him, then I gave the girl a ride instead. In hindsight, I realized that it also protected my husband from false claims against him.

I've been surprised at the number of women who've confided in me that they've been assaulted (as in straight up assaulted, not dirty one liners). At the same time, I've known an equal number of guys who've been falsely accused.

Women are just as conniving and deceitful in a different way. For every guy that will force himself on a woman, there is another THOT who will purposely try to get herself impregnated or will falsely cry about being assaulted for clout or a check.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Cmon, I'm asking you where they are because I've met feminists and non have them have been extremists. On the contrary to be absolutely frank.

Extremists doesn't mean they blow things up or take hostages.
Where are they ? , they're everywhere

Germaine Greer for one.

Greer is a liberation (or radical) rather than equality feminist.[a] Her goal is not equality with men, which she sees as assimilation and "agreeing to live the lives of unfree men". "Women's liberation", she wrote in The Whole Woman (1999), "did not see the female's potential in terms of the male's actual." She argues instead that liberation is about asserting difference and "insisting on it as a condition of self-definition and self-determination". It is a struggle for the freedom of women to "define their own values, order their own priorities and decide their own fate"
en.wikipedia.org...

I knew letting them out of the kitchen was a bad idea.

edit on 15-3-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

At the same time, I've known an equal number of guys who've been falsely accused.

May I ask how you know or why you believe they were falsely accused? I swear I'm not asking in a snarky way. I've asked myself the same questions regarding my perspective towards both men and women. I've been shocked a few times at the number of men I thought were good guys that ultimately showed their true colors. But I haven't been shocked when starting a new job or joining some group to find that every woman warns the new women about the same men. When a dozen women say "watch out for so-and-so," and there are no outliers warning about other men, you know to trust the women -- and they are always proven right by the men themselves.

I don't doubt that some men are falsely accused, or even true (perhaps questionable but not criminal) circumstances exagerated to a criminal level. But how can you know which are which?

Women are just as conniving and deceitful in a different way.

Some women are. Depending on one's perspective, even many women are.

For every guy that will force himself on a woman, there is another THOT who will purposely try to get herself impregnated or will falsely cry about being assaulted for clout or a check.

Um... just to be clear, I'm not feeling sorry for any man who impregnates a woman whether it was purposeful on her part or not. Each time and every time is a luck of the draw for a man, and if he isn't ready for those consequences and responsibility, then he knows what to do. And what NOT to do. Men own their own actions.

I will agree that women are far more likely to commit financial/economic crimes, and I'd include extorting money out of men for real or imagined sex crimes (and I use "crimes" both figuratively and literally here) to be high on that list. But I'm not buying your ratio. It's impossible to quantify.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It is a struggle for the freedom of women to "define their own values, order their own priorities and decide their own fate"

Wow. Women want what???

That's just crazy talk. When will we just accept that MEN will tell us our values, order our priorities and decide our fate??? And we damn well better like it too!!!

Right???

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That's just crazy talk. When will we just accept that MEN will tell us our values, order our priorities and decide our fate??? And we damn well better like it too!!!

The menfolk of ATS have decided to marry you off to another forum for a goat and two chickens.

Hasta la pasta.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well gosh darn it all!!!!

Are you sure any other forum will have me? I've been banned from two already... it's not looking good for me. I may be left forumhomeless.

I have to ask just for clarity: Are these men by gender or sex? Are the qualifications fluid???

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I have to ask just for clarity: Are these men by gender or sex? Are the qualifications fluid???

Not sure, I can only speak for this 100% piece of testosterone producing masculine eye candy.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not sure, I can only speak for this 100% piece of testosterone producing masculine eye candy.

Fair enough.

(Quoted for truth and sheer unadulterated uncompromising and unapologetic cockiness!)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I have no problem admitting I'm a trophy husband.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

There is a reason the MGTOW movement has gained so much momentum the last few years.

Yeah sure diddums. Did a nasty lady refuse to go out with you?
Shame you gave up getting to know the billions of us who are solid, decent and don't hate men the way you assume from your mancave.
In order to attract the good ones, you have to be a decent male though, no woman wants to go out with a creepy incel.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Yeah sure diddums. Did a nasty lady refuse to go out with you?
Shame you gave up getting to know the billions of us who are solid, decent and don't hate men the way you assume from your mancave.
In order to attract the good ones, you have to be a decent male though, no woman wants to go out with a creepy incel.

For most guys, the risk outweighs the benefit. A failed relationship can ruin a man financially. It isn't worth it.

Yes, there some great women out there. However, it is a huge gamble. Until there is more equity in how men are treated, women are going to see more and more men going MGTOW.

I say this as someone who had been happily married for 20 years. However, I count myself lucky.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Extremists are people willing express extremism in it's various forms. A personal example would be a bunch of Muslim lads my age who got rather uppity about being Muslim and rather angry I prepared their table with cutlery. Their grandpops kicked them out of the venue shouting eat outside with the dogs then you filthy so and so's. I agree it's not all bombs and hostages.

That was a funny one tbh, we all eat with our hands it's just most of us use cutlery ya know?

Thanks for posting, she's high profile though and a little rich for my blood. From what I gather a thorn in the side type debater, they're rare in general.

So my point somewhat stands on rarity. This is genuinely something I'd like to be proven wrong on.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Go on, I'll be the devils advocate again.
This type of discussion came up 40-50 years ago, it went like this:- if a woman goes out dressed provocatively is she asking to be pestered or attacked? The only result that came out of the discussion was women aught to be allowed to dress how they want and not be abused.
Now is exactly the same conundrum.
Back then I used to be a temporary door man/ security and the amount of times (hundreds) I seen women dressed to kill in a crowded room only wanting to attract a certain man, bbbuuuuttt, she puts out the signals to numerous men. Among those numerous men there WILL be a couple who take those signals the wrong way and the woman doesn't know but is suddenly pestered by different men who she has to put off.
You think that's odd? Read a book by Desmond Morris, it's called "The Naked Ape", because when you come down to the bottom line we are just one small step from animals and animal behaviour. When the pheromones are high, men or women, it becomes subliminal.
Then as now, I tell my grand-daughters, (and it's the same for men) there's places you can walk and there's places you do NOT want to. Do not dress to attract attention, be aware of you surroundings and people around you. And on top of that take responsibility for yourself not relying on resposability from anyone else.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Getting hit on and getting sexually assaulted are not the same thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Are they not? Getting hit on by someone you don't want to be hit on can and does lead to sexual assault. As I said before, the amount of men I've had to "reprimand" for inappropriate behaviour runs into the hundreds.

edit on 15-3-2021 by crayzeed because: added sentence

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join