It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women sure they know what they're doing.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: CthruU

There are many articles exposing how there is a general attitude that Politicians are getting away with coverups in Australia at the moment. Careers destroyed etc.

That very well may be the case.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Considering rape allegations were often written off as 'hysteria' up until the 1970's/80's, which translates basically to 'your feelz', it's odd to see people who weren't sexually victimized complaining about their feelz when nothing has even happened to them.

Very good point... and an interesting one to ponder.

Every women I know has had at least one "close call," if not an outright sexual assault by a man. Every single one. And I don't mean basic cat calling or inappropriate comments. I mean situations where they felt they were in actual danger. So I understand the hyper-vigilence and ever present fear and worry.

Is the same true for men? Have the vast majority of men been in a position where they were accused -- or feared they would be accused -- of criminal behavior?

I know that I made it a rule that my husband would not give our kids' female friends a ride home alone. Not because I didn't trust my husband. But because I did not want to put any girls (or their parents) in an uncomfortable position. If our kids couldn't accompany him, then I gave the girl a ride instead. In hindsight, I realized that it also protected my husband from false claims against him.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've yet to meet one of these feminazis in real life. I'm all against radicals. Point the direction and I'll happily oppose them.

I'm not talking about sensationalist news stories, give me some groups, some names and places they practice their hate speech.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Yeah.

You do you, blame women.

That comment is both inaccurate and unfair and i hope your proud of yourself for showing exactly the type of attitude and shallow analysis that all men should be wary of.
edit on 15-3-2021 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Is the same true for men? Have the vast majority of men been in a position where they were accused -- or feared they would be accused -- of criminal behavior?

I haven't, but that's because I'm not a rapist scumbag. But I knew people who were when I was younger who openly bragged about having sex with passed out girls. These things happened, they still happen, being vigilant does not make someone a radical.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

How do I need help?

I'm not the one warning women about reporting sexual assault because "meh feels"

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Understandable to a degree if your a victim or close to one...

The overwhelmingly vast majority of women have been a victim of men's abuse to one degree or another, and virtually every women knows at least one woman who has been a victim of a man's brutality.

...but end of day give me a break i haven't taken a personal stance...

Please. Give us a break! You wrote a freaking OP to threaten women who complain about male violence against women.... Although, to be quite honest, men threatening not to be with women who complain about men abusing women really isn't much of a threat. Except to the extent that she knows you won't be protecting her from any abusive men. You'll be standing up for the abusive man. It's actually more of a fair warning than a threat.

...or at least tried very hard to articulate the point without doing so.

In other words, you don't even know what the hell you're talking about in terms of the facts, truth and big picture, but by golly gee you're gonna stick up for all the poor menz whose feelz are getting hurt and tell the womenz to shut the hell up. Because that's sooooooooooooooo much more important than broken and battered female bodies.

Gotcha.
edit on 15-3-2021 by Boadicea because: Formatting; apologies for not correcting sooner!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Thanks for taking back your accusation relating to my mental health. Rather manly of you lol.

What's wrong with my attitude? I'm just calling out the general sexism that exists in half our species. Like I've said it all starts somewhere and a big issue is men's inability to grow some balls and say that's not on.

Seems to me you're the one that's shallow. Me? I actually know people who have been abused, men and women. But to be frank it's mostly the latter.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

How do I need help?

I'm not the one warning women about reporting sexual assault because "meh feels"

Once again inaccurate and unfair.

Your the one all ramp up on "feels" that are totally misplaced and unfounded, I NEVER SAID OR INSINUATED SEXUAL ASSAULT SHOULD NOT BE REPORTED OR WARNED AGAINST IT.
End of day you cannot or will not see this for what it actually is..... you know exactly the mentality men should run a mile from to be safe.

So you know victms, no wonder your an emotional wreck and can't stop hating on me for suggesting a few home truths......

I'll just let you vent on at my expense then and hopefully you'll feel a bit better then. lol.
edit on 15-3-2021 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Ladies - please think twice how far you want to take these movements and in which directions - your fight is with the actual scumbags who pray on you and not the vast majority of your addoring opposing sex who innocently seem to be fair and square in the cross hairs at the moment.
You may just find it very very difficult to find partners soon enough as most males just can't find the risk of a women turning feral and making claims against his character a worthwhile gamble, potentially the damage if innocent is unbearable.

No but they should think twice about movements, something something feral women, false accusations and you might never get any again?

Haha dude you're funny. Thinking I'm all triggered with ya CAPS, check your bad self.

Honestly the punch line is you accusing me of being mentally ill whilst claiming inaccuracies and unfairness.

So you know victms, no wonder your an emotional wreck and can't stop hating on me for suggesting a few home truths.

How do you gather I'm an emotional wreck? So much for baseless accusations huh? You didn't hit any home truths, I've repeated my stance and it seemingly goes straight over your head.
edit on 15-3-2021 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Ladies - please think twice how far you want to take these movements and in which directions - your fight is with the actual scumbags who pray on you and not the vast majority of your addoring opposing sex who innocently seem to be fair and square in the cross hairs at the moment.
You may just find it very very difficult to find partners soon enough as most males just can't find the risk of a women turning feral and making claims against his character a worthwhile gamble, potentially the damage if innocent is unbearable.

No but they should think twice about movements, something something feral women, false accusations and you might never get any again?

Haha dude you're funny. Thinking I'm all triggered with ya CAPS, check your bad self.

Honestly the punch line is you accusing me of being mentally ill whilst claiming inaccuracies and unfairness.

Last response to you ok.

Your reading way to much into that quote because your emotionally connected to abuse victms.
Please go away come back and reread at a later stage and i think you'll find it doesn't read the same way to you.

If you still feel the same then - well like i said you may need help.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

Pluck the eyeballs out of all men?

That would probably only work for the few. I would think the worst would make the worst use of their own imagination at that point. No ugly reality to get in the way...

Personally I learned to be disgusted by such actions by my own father, whom when he was out of ear shot of his wife was and still is an absolute filthy pig, even worse when he was with his brother. And yes he committed adultery on more than one occasion.

But that's all joyous manly man ways right?

Hmmm... maybe you could bottle and sell your secret! Seriously, it seems that you were blessed to have an outside mentor to help you see beyond your own father's behavior. But I think there is something within you, yourself, that enabled you to understand it on a higher level. Much respect to you for that.

I say that's where it starts, normalising the way women are treated.

I think you are right about that. And it starts with the ogling and cat calling and suggestive (if not outright vulgar) comments, which women are supposed to take as compliments (ugh!). Or the old "boys will boys" tripe. Crap like "50 Shades of Gray" haven't helped. It's only getting worse.

All women can do is minimize their risk and exposure...

I don't know what the ultimate answer is, but it increasingly seems that it must come from men.
edit on 15-3-2021 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well let's be honest here.
If woman ran the world, the spiders would take over within six months and every kitchen would be overflowing with unopened pickle jars.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You're missing the point.

The vulnerability women feel is not down to rape convictions, false accusations or crazy ass feminist movements.

I'm sorry but you're the one incapable of debate. You're the one being defensive and totally ignorant to other points of view.

You're the one resorting to ad hominems.

Which is fine, you were probably looking forward to an easy thread full of old farts who are feeling emotional pressure from the way the world is changing. Like a bunch of pansies projecting their feels onto the world.

Go on tell me how I hurt your feelings, I'll say sorry!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Where? Youre talking rubbish. Link?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I've yet to meet one of these feminazis in real life.

In that case you need to get out more , broaden your horizons.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Hmmm... maybe you could bottle and sell your secret!

You make some great points but the above is so condescending.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you. I knew I'd get a straight answer from you and it's much appreciated.

I want to be fair. But in my experience, I don't know even one man who has been accused of a sex crime, while I know many women who have been victims or almost-victims of sex crimes. And, of course, every girl from puberty onward has been subject to vile and inappropriate comments by men, if not touching. Actual grown ass men.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You make some great points but the above is so condescending.

Condescending? Okay. Not the word I would have used, but technically correct I guess.

I do consider the man who knows and controls his lust to be superior to the man who cannot/will not/does not know and control his lust.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Thank you. I knew I'd get a straight answer from you and it's much appreciated.

Thanks, I think if we're honest with each other about topics it helps to broaden perspective.

I want to be fair. But in my experience, I don't know even one man who has been accused of a sex crime, while I know many women who have been victims or almost-victims of sex crimes.

I only know one person who was, some clown I went to high school with, former football team captain, who took a PE job at our old school and then got arrested for banging students. I do, however, know a good amount of women who were sexually assaulted. Not harassed but physically assaulted.

And, of course, every girl from puberty onward has been subject to vile and inappropriate comments by men, if not touching. Actual grown ass men.

Saw it in action.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join