It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do Executive Orders Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So, I was looking through the latest Biden executive order on some more gender stuff.

www.whitehouse.gov...

And at the very end of it was this last clause:

This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

Now, from my understanding of English, this implies that the order, in effect, does literally nothing, grants no rights, overrides no existing laws and basically nothing actually changes.

Now, that seems like the standard ending clause to an executive order. Biden at this point, I dunno the exact number, but has signed like 50-100 EO's. If that clause is any indication, EO's do # all...so...

Has Biden basically done absolutely nothing?

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
At first, when I read the title and thought damn Joe Biden joined ATS and this is his first post.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Nah, I'm not American, but from what I can see reading through the legalize, Biden's literally done nothing...as someone with the same knowledge of Biden on American eo's I am generally about as confused as he is on what he's actually been doing.

Unlike Biden though, I'm actually curious to learn.
edit on 14/3/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Governors and Presidents can't change laws or dictate new laws via executive order. Executive orders direct policy and policy changes within the state or federal government.

edit on 14-3-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Basically my understanding is this:

1) Congress (aka the Legislative branch) passes a bill and the President (Executive Branch) signs it into law.
2) The President is now responsible to execute the law in question
3) Sometimes the law is not very detailed and the President will sign an EO to tell the federal bureaucracy how to proceed.
4) Sometimes a Judge (Judicial branch) will think the EO exceeds Executive authority and one of them will step in to annul the EO, basically a reset button.
5) If Congress doesn't like how the EO spells out the details they'll try to change the law, but they'll need the President's approval or be able to overcome a veto.

That was the original intent of the EO.

What we have happening lately is a President will look at the existing EOs and decide he (or evetually she) does not like the detailed approach from a previous administration and change the guidance. Sometimes the President will decide to add a new facet to the details for a long-standing law (see: Title 9).

But an EO is not a law by itself. The President is not a king towards the People of the USA but could be considered a monarch to the bureaucracy. So an EO is effectively an edict upon the federal beancounters in so far as their jobs are handled.

The extra problem is that the federal bureaucracy is so laden with regulation and laws that the President is gaining de facto legislative powers that were not intended for the Executive branch, because Congress is lazy and doesn't want to mess with the mundane parts of government.
edit on 14-3-2021 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I don’t have any intention of following any EOs the doddering, old fool signs. He is an evil, globalist scum and anathema to all I hold dear.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
At first, when I read the title and thought damn Joe Biden joined ATS and this is his first post.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: putnam6

Nah, I'm not American, but from what I can see reading through the legalize, Biden's literally done nothing...as someone with the same knowledge of Biden on American eo's I am generally about as confused as he is on what he's actually been doing.

Unlike Biden though, I'm actually curious to learn.

I'm pretty sure Biden being a US citizen, is the only qualification he has over you as Presidential material.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well we know for sure the EOs he made that rescind some Trump EOs and establish some new policies about "Immigration" and "Border" policies have created a well planned mess on the Border 😵‍💫

Some have even changed agreements with foreign governments 😵‍💫

High Impact and big money involved 😵‍💫

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Read it again. The important bit is "any party against the United States". In other words the order before that statement is for the peons, the ordinary citizens and that statement says if you don't like it you can't come back for ANY thing you don't like because the United States, it's departments, agencies or any other persons are exempt from the act or consequences arising from it.
It other words it states f### you and you can't blame us.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Governors and Presidents can't change laws or dictate new laws via executive order. Executive orders direct policy and policy changes within the state or federal government.

Sookie's exactly right, as you can see if you read the paragraphs ABOVE what was quoted.

This is policy for the state and federal government. It's not law and it's not applicable to non-government agencies and businesses (churches, Walmart, etc, etc.)

new topics

top topics

join