It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redemption and Forgiveness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you call yourself Christian and you have no room for the redemption and forgiveness of others, then I have news for you; you're just like your enemies. Before you call others "Fake Christians" for the sins of their past, ask yourself if you're missing a key component of Christian philosophy.

You are allowing wokeness to subtly infiltrate the foundations of Christian philosophy by ignoring things like forgiveness and redemption. You don't even have to be Christian to understand how important that is to society. I submit the American Jurisprudence as my evidence to this claim, as it was envisioned in the long histories and philosophies that constructed the Constitution and our Western sense of justice.

The worst of you are those who can regurgitate scripture without error and yet continue this behavior. Christians are their own worst enemy when it comes to bringing others to the light of their God through the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. You should all be embarrassed to fall so short of this so incredibly consistently and voluntarily. The very sacrifice of Jesus Christ was an overture to redemption and forgiveness. There seem to be no higher ideals in pursuit of justice in life and in the afterlife and yet these concepts are at the bottom of the practice list.

Take those crosses off.

Belief is about what you DO not what you SAY. In that regard can you even be said to believe in Christ? That you truly have accepted Christ into your hearts when the very core of his sacrifice means so little to you without even having to put up nearly as much as Jesus had in collateral for his life?

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There may be an afterlife, but I'd rather greet my maker drinking the blood of my enemies from their broken skulls than by turning the other cheek and forgiving my enemies.

Guess that makes me a pretty sh#tty Christian, but I'm good with that.
edit on 14-3-2021 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
One professed Christian chastising other Christians in a rather un-Christian-like manner. Sounds about right for that religion and one reason I'm not one of them.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
One professed Christian chastising other Christians in a rather un-Christian-like manner. Sounds about right for that religion and one reason I'm not one of them.

I'm a halfassed Christian and play fast and loose with the scriptures , but I don't blame others for doing the same.
I was raised in that Texas southern Baptist ultra conservative atmosphere where God was a Punishing and Vengeful entity.

That seemed more like a control mechanism invented by mankind and not a supreme being. I rejected that BS and sort of make up my own religion depending on what life presents me, drawing from many belief systems. I am however enthralled with the Virgin of Guadalupe.

edit on 14-3-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Stop calling these types of people Christians, they're not, they're liars and charlatans. They have the talk and the churchianity but they dont know Christ at all.

If you don't forgive, don't expect God to avenge you; instead, with the measure you have meted your revenge, the same will be done to you.

If you cant forgive you're not trusting God will set your grievance right, you also won't heal and can really harm youself.

Imagine Christ had this mindset? I would go to the cross for you, but I'm just too mad at you to do it. So you can die in your sin.

All these responses have been doctrines of demons too btw from lukewarm Christian's or atheists.

If you don't forgive you wont be forgiven. That simple. Repent and trust in Christ. When you speak good of your enemies and treat them well, the Bible says that they heap coals on their own head.

Vengeance is not yours to take, put that pride aside and live in peace.

Theres a boat load of people claiming to be Christian in these last days, they're lying and decieved. Unless they're 100% depending on Christ for everything, they're more than likely in sin and condemned.

Until you can die to self and admit you're a sinner in need of a saviour, and that nothing you do will ever measure up (minus faith in the son) you wont be in right standing with God. Its ALL about Jesus. All of it!

Forsake this worldly wisdom and pick up your cross! You dont have to live in condemnation.

Those who hate authority delight in their sin and are God as a tyrant. They'll die in their sin and be judged. The irony is, they think they're going to 'outsmart' God, because they reject Christ they die under the law, and believe me, no one can keep the law, no one.

Good luck.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I believe that among other things we're addressing the woke folk who believe that someone must be burned at the stake and removed from polite society in all ways including being fired from their job if it was discovered that a decade or more ago when they were a dumb teen, they said something "problematic".

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Serious question?

If your child was raped by a relative, could you forgive that?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Is it a serious question or are you trying to use an appeal to emotion fallacy very poorly?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It’s serious.

This is one of the worst things to be forgiven imo.

Do you think you could forgive a person if they did this to your child, and it affected them horribly for the rest of their life?

How would/could someone forgive that?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Forgiveness isn't about ignoring what wrongs occurred.

Forgiveness is about letting go of the pain and moving passed it, not denying justice or pretending the wrongs are ok.

edit on 3 15 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Check your PMs.
edit on 3 15 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'm not much of a Christian.

You made exactly zero arguments against what I actually said.

Still waiting for one rebuttal that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Forgiveness isn't about ignoring what wrongs occurred.

Forgiveness is about letting go of the pain and moving passed it, not denying justice or pretending the wrongs are ok.

Check your PMs.

Thank you! That makes sense!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There may be an afterlife, but I'd rather greet my maker drinking the blood of my enemies from their broken skulls than by turning the other cheek and forgiving my enemies.

Guess that makes me a pretty sh#tty Christian, but I'm good with that.

Pretty awesome Pagan though

As to the Op, I personally always subscribe forgiveness as a more Human response, rather than a religious response. If you think of the history of our species it is about co-operation, conflict and forgiveness on repeat.

top topics

join