It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting stats about the war by John Simpson of the BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

This one is interesting:

that after two years, coalition soldiers would be dying at the rate of almost two a day, and Iraqi civilians at around 20 a day

A ratio of one to ten... who are the terrorists again... please remind me!!!

And this:

According to one senior American officer recently: "We can live with the kind of casualty levels we're getting.

"It's not the kind of thing that creates big campaigns back home."

LOL... they really care about the kids that are dying out there.... really they do!

[edit on 21/3/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ofcouse they can "live with that kind of casualties"!

Everyday that they are present in Iraq means more money!

Human life has no meaning here. And these small casualties are really acceptable by their standards. But that is the price of war. The price of changing the structure of the goverment. 20 civilians a day and 2 soldiers.

Comapred to 3000 dead ever day in DR Congo, that is really a small price to pay.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As with Vietnam it's poor black, hispanic and 'white trash' kids who are stopping the bullets - as long as it's not the sons of oil barons, WASP ivy leaguers etc they're more than happy.

BTW John Simpson is (IMO) a UK Intelligence Agency 'asset' - he's seen as a trusted source but some of his stuff is very convenient, timely for UK Govt.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Civilian casuality rates aren't being kept so I don't trust this number. Though since the entire basis for the invasion was a fabrication, I really don't believe much of what I read coming out of Iraq at this time. Filtering out the truth (if any) from the lies is impossible.

top topics

join